Warbow

John Elway Jr. declaring for NFL draft

I hope things go well for Josh Allen.  He definitely has a big arm and physical skills. I dont like his footwork in the pocket and I have no idea if he can read a defense after watching him run for his life this season.  His biggest mistake was not declaring for the NFL Draft after the 2016 season.  He would have been able to begin really learning how to be a QB a year earlier.

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I hope things go well for Josh Allen.  He definitely has a big arm and physical skills. I dont like his footwork in the pocket and I have no idea if he can read a defense after watching him run for his life this season.  His biggest mistake was not declaring for the NFL Draft after the 2016 season.  He would have been able to begin really learning how to be a QB a year earlier.

I don’t even think he realized how bad the surrounding cast on offense would be. 

tetons1.jpg

1 minute ago, SLCPoke said:

I don’t even think he realized how bad the surrounding cast on offense would be. 

Actually, I think he did realize and that's exactly why he almost declared after last season as a redshirt sophomore with ONLY one season as an FBS starter.  Nobody and I mean nobody declares for the NFL especially a QB with so little experience.

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I disagree.  I don't think Josh would have got anywhere near the expereince as a 2nd or 3rd string QB in the NFL that he got taking every snap, when healthy at UW this season.  In 2016 with the offensive talent around him alomst every play was possible and this lead to Josh often being over confident and forcing passes that he shouldn't have.  This seaon due to the offensive talent around him there were few options to move the ball and Josh had to and did learn to take what the defense gave him.  Josh was much more poised, made better decisions with the ball and became a better leader this year.  Yes his stats were not great this year but we've seen over the past few weeks just how bad the Cowboy offense is without him.  Josh, on offense almost single handed lead this team to 7 wins and it's more than fair to say if Josh would have not been injured it would have been a 9 win season for the Pokes as we don't lose to Fresno or SJSU with him on the field.

31 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I disagree.  I don't think Josh would have got anywhere near the expereince as a 2nd or 3rd string QB in the NFL that he got taking every snap, when healthy at UW this season.  In 2016 with the offensive talent around him alomst every play was possible and this lead to Josh often being over confident and forcing passes that he shouldn't have.  This seaon due to the offensive talent around him there were few options to move the ball and Josh had to and did learn to take what the defense gave him.  Josh was much more poised, made better decisions with the ball and became a better leader this year.  Yes his stats were not great this year but we've seen over the past few weeks just how bad the Cowboy offense is without him.  Josh, on offense almost single handed lead this team to 7 wins and it's more than fair to say if Josh would have not been injured it would have been a 9 win season for the Pokes as we don't lose to Fresno or SJSU with him on the field.

Do you think Josh Allen is NFL ready after this season?  I don't.  His development would have been accelerated by practicing at the NFL level rather than playing at the MWC level.  And he would have been paid to get hit.

I'd be saying something very different if Allen had a decent supporting cast this season.  But with inexperienced OL, RB's, and WR's, it was always going to be an uphill fight.  Running for your life is not a skill that the NFL values. And that's because the guys chasing you are bigger, stronger and faster than you and will put you on the PUP list.

17 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

They can't all be the caliber of Bradlee Van Pelt or Moses Moreno.

Timmy Chang and Colt Brennan >>>> anything CSEwe has ever put out.

Van Pelt was a phucking BALLER.

Timmy Chang? Really?

I love Brennen though. He was a great College QB.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

35 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

They can't all be the caliber of Bradlee Van Pelt or Moses Moreno.

Timmy Chang and Colt Brennan >>>> anything CSEwe has ever put out.

He's a WYO troll.  

As for BVP, he was 1-0 in the only NFL game that he saw substantial PT. Moreno was 0-3 as an NFL starter.

6 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Doesn't take away from anything. Brett Favre is the undisputed king of NFL interceptions, and he's still one of the best. 

Chang wasn’t  bad, but he is not one of the great College QB’s imo. He was good enough to play four solid years and benefited from the system.

@Warbow splains this pretty well.

5 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Chang wasn’t  bad, but he is not one of the great College QB’s imo. He was good enough to play four solid years and benefited from the system.

Benefited greatly from Jones' system, and the ability to play all four years. Not the best, but not trash either. To get to be the all-time leader in pass yards isn't a small feat. 

Just now, 406WarriorFan said:

Benefited greatly from Jones' system, and the ability to play all four years. Not the best, but not trash either. To get to be the all-time leader in pass yards isn't a small feat. 

I can’t disagree with this.

32 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Brian Moniz and Nick Rolovich were much better QB's than Chang. If Rolovich had played the 4 years Chang like did, he would have been the all time yardage leader without the interception record.

Brian Moniz brought a good running thread with the passing yardage. Plus he had the benefit of having 2 NFL receivers to throw to.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Tough spot for Allen. Never saw a qb with so much national press fall off the radar as quickly as Allen did.  I don't think there is a chance in hell he goes in the first round. I'm guessing 4th round and  hope he lands in a good situation. He definitely has the tools. Wish him the best. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

Brian Moniz and Nick Rolovich were much better QB's than Chang. If Rolovich had played the 4 years Chang like did, he would have been the all time yardage leader without the interception record.

Brian Moniz brought a good running thread with the passing yardage. Plus he had the benefit of having 2 NFL receivers to throw to.

Rolo was awesome. 

2 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Tough spot for Allen. Never saw a qb with so much national press fall off the radar as quickly as Allen did.  I don't think there is a chance in hell he goes in the first round. I'm guessing 4th round and  hope he lands in a good situation. He definitely has the tools. Wish him the best. 

I'd guess 2nd or 3rd, maybe higher, depending on his workouts.