Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Bitcoin

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I think we're beyond the point of crypto currencies being a bubble.  When Mark Cuban who's been about as anti crypto as it gets is starting to crack, I think it's worth making a significant part of your portfolio.

I have a modest amount of money that I put in some different portfolios earlier this year. Most of my money(of the small amount I put in) is in Ethereum and I have some Maidsafe coins and some Ripple and factom. I left a little in Bitcoin but very little cuz I thought it was hitting a bubble(when it was around 6-7 thousand). Overall I have tripled my money but that is mostly on ETH and Bitcoin. I think Ethereum has potential to be the best one from what I read(I don't really completely understand it all). The other ones I picked because I wanted to get in on some cheaper coins that were up and coming and had some different technology behind them that had a chance to someday blow-up like bitcoin. In the last 24 hours ripple went up 60% but not really sure why.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

I have a modest amount of money that I put in some different portfolios earlier this year. Most of my money(of the small amount I put in) is in Ethereum and I have some Maidsafe coins and some Ripple and factom. I left a little in Bitcoin but very little cuz I thought it was hitting a bubble(when it was around 6-7 thousand). Overall I have tripled my money but that is mostly on ETH and Bitcoin. I think Ethereum has potential to be the best one from what I read(I don't really completely understand it all). The other ones I picked because I wanted to get in on some cheaper coins that were up and coming and had some different technology behind them that had a chance to someday blow-up like bitcoin. In the last 24 hours ripple went up 60% but not really sure why.

What exchange do you use to buy Ripple?  Kraken was flaking out so much with errors I lost out on buying it when it was at .27. 

Hardest part of the non biggies (Bitcoin, litecoin Ethereum) is the exchange you join to transfer and buy them.

LItecoin is in big decline - lost $50+ per in two days.  But it's a roller coaster.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

20 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

What exchange do you use to buy Ripple?  Kraken was flaking out so much with errors I lost out on buying it when it was at .27. 

Hardest part of the non biggies (Bitcoin, litecoin Ethereum) is the exchange you join to transfer and buy them.

LItecoin is in big decline - lost $50+ per in two days.  But it's a roller coaster.

I used poloniex. I also had a hard time buying coins. Apparently the laws in Wyoming are not friendly to Cryto so it was hard to find an exchange that will let me use it. I can't use coinbase. The only exchange that I could exchange $US for Bitcoin was Gemini. Then After I got my bitcoins I was able to transfer those to other exchanges and to purchase other coins. I don't remember where all I tried but I used Poloniex for Ripple.

18 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I used poloniex. I also had a hard time buying coins. Apparently the laws in Wyoming are not friendly to Cryto so it was hard to find an exchange that will let me use it. I can't use coinbase. The only exchange that I could exchange $US for Bitcoin was Gemini. Then After I got my bitcoins I was able to transfer those to other exchanges and to purchase other coins. I don't remember where all I tried but I used Poloniex for Ripple.

Ran into similar issue with coinbase.  If you chose to .. you could create a coinbase account and just pick another state and it would work.

God is a Cowboy

WYO.jpg

Does anyone use an Offline wallet?  Ant preferences or experience with them?  I am looking at buying a Ledger Nano S to store Bitcoin, Litecoin, etherum, and ripple (if I buy some ripple)

God is a Cowboy

WYO.jpg

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I've already made my bones in this boondoggle. I have a few coins I've held onto for years now...mostly forgotten. No way in hell I would buy into BTC right now. If someone does, though, and the whole thing collapses, well, that's life in the fast lane. 

I think there'll be a correction soon. That'll be your chance to buy in. And it could keep going higher. I just think that when central governments move to do something about it in a meaningful and maybe halfway-concerted manner, it's value will come back. 

I'm just along for the ride at this point.

I am kicking myself for not seeing the opportunity earlier, oh well. 

17 hours ago, k5james said:

I think we're beyond the point of crypto currencies being a bubble.  When Mark Cuban who's been about as anti crypto as it gets is starting to crack, I think it's worth making a significant part of your portfolio.

Yeah, it’s a speculative call ... I’m not advising you to avoid investing but rather simply to not bet the farm on it. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 12/13/2017 at 1:22 PM, bornontheblue said:

I am kicking myself for not seeing the opportunity earlier, oh well. 

Who know that it would grow by 1700% though?  I have a coworker that bought 15 of them for 100 dollars each a few years ago.  He is paying off his house next week with the windfall.  He says it's been up and down and he even lost a few coins during a downturn.  

It seems like such a weird way to invest, but it's intriguing.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Who know that it would grow by 1700% though?  I have a coworker that bought 15 of them for 100 dollars each a few years ago.  He is paying off his house next week with the windfall.  He says it's been up and down and he even lost a few coins during a downturn.  

It seems like such a weird way to invest, but it's intriguing.

How did he "lose a few coins"?

If the selling point of Bitcoin is it’s limited supply, aside from being a speculative bubble, why would other crypto currencies continue to increase in value. It seems counterintuitive that with the increased supply of these alternative currencies, that the prices wouldn’t go down. Outside of Bitcoin, are the other currencies able to be used in transactions? It seems that people are adopting block chain technology and once the traditional financial houses start adopting it, why have bitcoin? Just curious.