Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada at Texas Tech

56 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

They lost to a better team on the road..It happens..

That's not how I view it. They gave away the game and let TT dictate the pace of the second half when Muss began milking the clock with FIFTEEN MINUTES LEFT. 21 turnovers, many unforced, didn't help at all. Perhaps Muss rarely playing his bench cost him this game because the starters looked tired and made careless mistakes

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 minute ago, battle.borne said:

That's not how I view it. They gave away the game and let TT dictate the pace of the second half when Muss began milking the clock with FIFTEEN MINUTES LEFT. 21 turnovers, many unforced, didn't help at all. Perhaps Muss rarely playing his bench cost him this game because the starters looked tired and made careless mistakes

No shit. What happened to the 200 passes per game?

1 minute ago, battle.borne said:

I didn’t see the game. Instead I watched a high school game. But winning on the road is tough. I like this teams swag. I like Muss’ swag. This team isn’t talented enough to go undefeated. Good game.

11 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I hate the prevent the win offense so so much. I did last year and I do this year. It finally caught up to them. 

The Pack didn't give anything away.  The other team has really good players.  They were playing at home.  If you want to say Muss should have played more guys that is fair but probably wouldn't have made a difference. It has been a long time since any team went undefeated.  The Pack has a solid team but there will be other losses this year..If they had lost to Santa Clara I would be concerned..Losing to a good Big 12 team on the road is not a shock..

57 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I didn’t see the game. Instead I watched a high school game. But winning on the road is tough. I like this teams swag. I like Muss’ swag. This team isn’t talented enough to go undefeated. Good game.

What game?

Some thoughts about last night. Texas Tech has the #10 rated defense according to KenPom and they are #5 for bench minutes. Nevada is #316 in bench minutes. Clearly that factored in late in the game. Tech had fresh legs and they are good defenders. Not sure why Muss refuses to play his bench more. During the first 25 minutes Nevada looked like the clearly better team. 

I wasn’t crazy about the uneven whistle on the offensive side for us, seemed like we got the short end there. But C’est La Vie, that’s life on the road. 

Major missed opportunity for a resume building win but clearly this team can compete with the top 20 teams in the country. 

Tech’s Keenan Evans reminded me a lot of Deonte Burton in the 2nd half.

Don't panic.  Pack was on the road and were 5.5 point underdogs. Could have won for the same price but that's basketball and it's a long season. They didn't get it done but we gained more evidence that Reno is really good.

But did some of you really have thoughts the Pack would go undefeated? Because that's kinda delusional and crazy.

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Don't panic.  Pack was on the road and were 5.5 point underdogs. Could have won for the same price but that's basketball and it's a long season. They didn't get it done but we gained more evidence that Reno is really good.

But did some of you really have thoughts the Pack would go undefeated? Because that's kinda delusional and crazy.

I had no illusions they’d go undefeated. I’d rather they didn’t. I think undefeated teams don’t fair well come tournament time.

17 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I don't think anyone expected the Pack to go undefeated, but to go on the road and hold a lead for 39 minutes and 20 seconds is a tough pill to swallow. The bench made the difference for TT, but still would have been nice to get a win. That being said, going on the road and playing a top 25 team (they're out this week, but will likely be back) is a far cry from where Nevada was two years ago. I like our growth. 

23 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I expected 2 losses....both to Fresno. 

I kid of course. I think the frustrating part is that they were so close to getting a key win that could bolster their tournament  resumè.

34 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Absolutely no thought of them going undefeated, that’s crazy talk.  This one just stings so bad because we controlled the game for all but 40 secs in regulation.  Losses are going to happen, but man the Pack and the conference could have really used this win.  Oh well, onto an absolutely must have game against TCU.

1 hour ago, Packman04 said:

Absolutely no thought of them going undefeated, that’s crazy talk.  This one just stings so bad because we controlled the game for all but 40 secs in regulation.  Losses are going to happen, but man the Pack and the conference could have really used this win.  Oh well, onto an absolutely must have game against TCU.

I think the trip to Irvine after Hawaii was too much before Tech game. This team is going to be ready to play on the road sooner than most programs.