Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev McQuervo

Finally, Not too Happy in SD

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Hey, @Rev McQuervo I forgot to ask the most obvious question regarding your OP.

When have SDSU fans ever been "happy" with their situation?

Pretty "Happy" when we thought we were going to go to the Big East. I can't expect others to understand the frustration on having the top RB in the Country and having him dissed. It's happened 3x to our RB's (minimal) and in all cases that was 3x too many. Bowls- well, SECESPN runs that selection process so lately nobody in the country is "Happy" with that situ.

16 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Pretty "Happy" when we thought we were going to go to the Big East. I can't expect others to understand the frustration on having the top RB in the Country and having him dissed. It's happened 3x to our RB's (minimal) and in all cases that was 3x too many. Bowls- well, SECESPN runs that selection process so lately nobody in the country is "Happy" with that situ.

looks-like-somebody-needs-a-hug.jpg

Penny was never going to be seriously considered. Marshall Faulk lost to Gino f*****g Torreta. And there's a much bigger financial/perception gap now between P5 and G5 than there was then. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

A few years of mild success.. One ranked season, no access bowl, and some of their fans think they “deserve” to join a better conference.

Child please. You are where you belong and deserve.

And by "a few years of mild success" you of course are referring to our conference dominance since its inception inclusive of the last 7+ years of routinely serving up the rest of this shithole a man-sized bucket of our salty milkshake. You would do well to remind yourself you live off the trickle down drizzle of our swaggy giant swinging dick. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

And by "a few years of mild success" you of course are referring to our conference dominance since its inception inclusive of the last 7+ years of routinely serving up the rest of this shithole a man-sized bucket of our salty milkshake. You would do well to remind yourself you live off the trickle down drizzle of our swaggy giant swinging dick. 

Lol. What's the conference records since bsu has been in the mw. And we play in the mountain. Then let's talk p5 wins. Suds fans are cute though. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

??? I’m guessing you’re one of the few who believe the Aztecs deserve better than the MWC. 

You routinely lose to rivals, shit the bed against turds, and haven’t sniffed an access game. In the weakest division in college football.

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Lol. What's the conference records since bsu has been in the mw. And we play in the mountain. Then let's talk p5 wins. Suds fans are cute though. 

Well now that you bring up P5's we are 3-0 the last three games and another school is 0-3 their last three games but I won't mention any names.

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

??? I’m guessing you’re one of the few who believe the Aztecs deserve better than the MWC. 

You routinely lose to rivals, shit the bed against turds, and haven’t sniffed an access game. In the weakest division in college football.

So you're saying we fit right in here? Bullshit. We got dicks like Jesus.

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

So you're saying we fit right in here? Bullshit. We got dicks like Jesus.

Jesus Christ, I saw Mickie Avalon open for Sublime, Rebelution and Pepper a few years ago. I'd never heard of him before that. We got right up on the rail (no one really was there to see him) so we would have a good spot for later.

He looked every bit the junkie male prostitute that he is.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Jesus Christ, I saw Mickie Avalon open for Sublime, Rebelution and Pepper a few years ago. I'd never heard of him before that. We got right up on the rail (no one really was there to see him) so we would have a good spot for later.

He looked every bit the junkie male prostitute that he is.

He looks like he starts each day with a blood transfusion from Charlie Sheen. 

On 12/5/2017 at 3:46 PM, mugtang said:

I agree our bowl tie ins suck, but it doesn't mean SDSU was intentionally hosed by the conference.

I have no doubt Hairball tried to get SDSU into the FF Bowl - if only for purposes of self-aggrandizement in perhaps being able to brag that the third place team from his conference went 3-0 against the Pac 12. However, I'm equally sure the guy has done a miserable job of getting bowl tie-ins. Hell, his ineptitude allows the Memphis fan to come in here and brag about where a doofus like Mike Aresco has schools from his conference playing.

Aresno is a poor commissioner. Thompson is a terrible one.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 12/5/2017 at 4:39 PM, SDSUfan said:

Let's game this.

Scenario 1

Me: Honey, let's go to Fort Worth to watch the Aztecs play football

Wife: Fort what? Where's that?

Me: Texas

Wife: Have you lost your mind?

Scenario 2

Me: Honey, let's go to Honolulu to watch the Aztecs play football

Wife: does this bathing suit make my ass look big?

Me: yes...yes it does.

Uh . . . the issue isn't the location sport. The issue is the opponent.

Two years ago our opponent had beaten The U and lost by just 3 to 13-1 Houston. Last year our opponent had beaten Oklahoma, Louisville and 10-win Tulsa.

Granted, we won our mediocre conference those two years. However, at 10-2 with victories over ASU and Stanford we get relegated to playing an opponent which hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record and struggled to beat the worst FBS team in the country, UTEP.

Boom goes the dynamite.

25 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Uh . . . the issue isn't the location sport. The issue is the opponent.

Two years ago our opponent had beaten The U and lost by just 3 to 13-1 Houston. Last year our opponent had beaten Oklahoma, Louisville and 10-win Tulsa.

Granted, we won our mediocre conference those two years. However, at 10-2 with victories over ASU and Stanford we get relegated to playing an opponent which hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record and struggled to beat the worst FBS team in the country, UTEP.

Not for me....sport.  the issue is where I get to go.  I suggest you reacquaint yourself with reality.   Once we lost the back to back most important games  we've had in decades, our fate was sealed. It will make exactly zero difference to anybody, outside of maybe you and the 5 denizens of circlejerk.com if we end up ranked in the 20's or 30's  when all is said and done.

Bowls used to be a reward unto themselves where fans and team could go, chill, have a little fun and watch a game.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke