Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

Mueller Asks for Trump's Deutsche Bank Records

For the first time, Mueller indicates a focus directly on Nacho Duce. This crosses the "red line" into Nacho's finances and if it doesn't get Mueller fired nothing will. Twitter better clear their decks.

The German institution, which also has ties to Russian oligarchs, was a lifeline for the Trump Organisation's businesses in the early 2000s, when US lenders turned their backs on the then-struggling business tycoon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42240588

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Except Deutsche Bank denies any subpoena or request. Another wishburger?

Except that they handed them over.

Donald Trump’s banking information has formally been turned over to Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor who is investigating whether the president’s campaign conspired with the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election.

Deutsche Bank, the German bank that serves as Trump’s biggest lender, was forced to submit documents about its client relationship with the president and some of his family members, who are also Deutsche clients, after Mueller issued the bank with a subpoena for information, according to media reports. The news was first reported by Handelsblatt, the German newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/05/donald-trump-bank-records-handed-over-robert-mueller

3 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

According to Trumps lawyers and Huckabee, they confirmed with Deutsche bank and they denied it.

18 U.S. Code § 1510 disagrees with them.

(1) Whoever, being an officer of a financial institution, with the intent to obstruct a judicial proceeding, directly or indirectly notifies any other person about the existence or contents of a subpoena for records of that financial institution, or information that has been furnished in response to that subpoena, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

(2) Whoever, being an officer of a financial institution, directly or indirectly notifies—

(A) a customer of that financial institution whose records are sought by a subpoena for records; or
(B) any other person named in that subpoena;
about the existence or contents of that subpoena or information that has been furnished in response to that subpoena, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

(3) As used in this subsection—
(A) the term “an officer of a financial institution” means an officer, director, partner, employee, agent, or attorney of or for a financial institution; and

(B) the term “subpoena for records” means a Federal grand jury subpoena or a Department of Justice subpoena (issued under section 3486 of title 18), for customer records that has been served relating to a violation of, or a conspiracy to violate—
(i) section 215, 656, 657, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1014, 1344, 1956, 1957, or chapter 53 of title 31; or
(ii) section 1341 or 1343 affecting a financial institution.

5 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

For the first time, Mueller indicates a focus directly on Nacho Duce. This crosses the "red line" into Nacho's finances and if it doesn't get Mueller fired nothing will. Twitter better clear their decks.

The German institution, which also has ties to Russian oligarchs, was a lifeline for the Trump Organisation's businesses in the early 2000s, when US lenders turned their backs on the then-struggling business tycoon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42240588

You are just plain ridiculous.  Firing Mueller wouldn't even slow down the investigation just like firing Comey had no effect on the investigation.  

Your whole premise is stupid.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

You are just plain ridiculous.  Firing Mueller wouldn't even slow down the investigation just like firing Comey had no effect on the investigation.  

Your whole premise is stupid.

I was making reference to statements made by Trump about what he perceived as the proper limits of Mueller's investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/20/trump-set-a-red-line-for-robert-mueller-and-now-mueller-has-reportedly-crossed-it/?utm_term=.188c9ac40495

39 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Duetchebank also loaned Kushner, who is on the verge of financial collapse, 300 million just before election.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/339430-kushner-company-received-285-million-loan-from-deutsche-bank-shortly

Well this explains the big push for tax reform before Christmas.  :D

"Trump's nuts roasting on an open fire
Jared's finances clinging by a nose
Yultide indictments being sung by a choir
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you."

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

18 U.S. Code § 1510 disagrees with them.

What's the code have to do with the White House saying the bank denies getting a subpoena? I would think that there isn't much to gain from lying about whether they got a subpoena from the Independent Counsel's Office. It will be in their final report whether they did or didn't.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Trump lawyers and Huckabee Sanders deny it?

:lol:

Most of the big time DC & NYC law firms turned down Trump & clan - Trump doesn't pay his bills, lies, will blow the case by blabbing / tweeting & probably is guilty - So Trump is stuck with Frick & Frack as his lawyers who openly discuss their case on outside patios two addresses down from the WaPo offices in DC !!!

11 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

What's the code have to do with the White House saying the bank denies getting a subpoena? I would think that there isn't much to gain from lying about whether they got a subpoena from the Independent Counsel's Office. It will be in their final report whether they did or didn't.

Because the bank cannot legally disclose whether it received a subpoena to Trump or his lawyers. 

Stop being a +++++ing idiot. 

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

Because the bank cannot legally disclose whether it received a subpoena to Trump or his lawyers. 

Stop being a +++++ing idiot. 

Geez lighten up. Do you go around in your real life calling people effing idiots. I didn’t read that statute carefully. The same statute also states that the prosecutor is prohibited from revealing the name of the subject of the subpoena as well. I guess that doesn’t happen either. I couldn’t care less if Trump gets impeached or not but don’t you find it odd that the Handlesblatt newspaper breaks this story instead of The NY Times or the Washington Post or any other media outlet in the jurisdiction where the subpoena would be served? Did the process server fly to Germany to serve the subpoena instead of going to the NY branch of Deutsche Bank where presumably Trump did his money laundering? One would think that those other organizations would have better access to anonymous sources. And if the subpoenas were served earlier in the Fall, wouldn’t it make sense that Trumps legal team would try to get ahead of this. Quite possibly they don’t have as good of anonymous sources as a German newspaper. Maybe I’m too much of a contrarian and should just accept the media as always truthful. I would look like less of an idiot.

I am curious what this might uncover.  Trump is a buffoon but he obviously has people around him who are skilled at hiding his skeletons. 

I found it amusing that Trump over-estimated his own wealth by a factor of 10.  Hubris.  Lol.

12 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Most of the big time DC & NYC law firms turned down Trump & clan - Trump doesn't pay his bills, lies, will blow the case by blabbing / tweeting & probably is guilty - So Trump is stuck with Frick & Frack as his lawyers who openly discuss their case on outside patios two addresses down from the WaPo offices in DC !!!

And hijack his twitter account. 

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

And hijack his twitter account. 

Do you think that lawyer of his really "drafted" his tweet? I always get the impression Trump doesn't use a filter.  I think this lawyer is just lying to cover his boss' ass.