Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Oral Roberts vs UNLV

oral-lg.png  vs UNLV

Oral Roberts (2-7, 0-0 Summit League) vs. UNLV (6-2, 0-0 Mountain West)
Date    Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Time    7:00 p.m.
Site    MGM Grand Garden Arena (12,916), Las Vegas
TV    None Tuesday’s game will have no TV or stream
Radio    ESPN Radio 1100 AM/100.9 FM (Jon Sandler, Robert Smith)
Audio    UNLV Gameday App & UNLVRebels.com
Stats    Gametracker at UNLVRebels.com
Twitter    @TheRunninRebels / @UNLVAthletics

This will mark the second meeting in men’s basketball between UNLV and Oral Roberts

UNLV won the first meeting, 86-80, on Dec. 11, 1972 in Las Vegas

UNLV is 14-2 all-time against teams that currently make up the Summit League

UNLV is averaging 91.8 points per game, which ranks seventh in the nation through games of Sunday

UNLV has shot at least 50 percent from the floor in six of its eight games this season

UNLV is limiting its opponents to just 24.3 percent from 3-point range this season, which ranks fifth in the country

Jovan Mooring led UNLV in scoring and made 3-pointers last season (58, 1.8 per game). So far this year, he leads the team in made 3s with 16

UNLV is the national leader in rebounds per game (46.38), fifth in 3-point field-goal percentage defense (24.3), seventh in scoring (91.8) and seventh in assists per game (19.5).

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,014 games played

It's ridiculous that UNLV can't find a way to stream this. Give it to the damn AV club if you have to. It's 2017, it's not that difficult to stream something on your website.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

Every basketball player gets Oral at least once. It's a great recruiting tool.

Okay, Rick Pitino. 

22 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

It's ridiculous that UNLV can't find a way to stream this. Give it to the damn AV club if you have to. It's 2017, it's not that difficult to stream something on your website.

Okay, Rick Pitino. 

AV Club? How old are you? Is that really still a thing?

24 minutes ago, mundyc3 said:

I'll be at the Knights game so I guess I shouldn't care if it is streamed. 

This Rebel game going head to head against the VGK game and with the UNLV game across the street at the MGM GG - I expect to see an intimate gathering of a few thousand.........meaning literally 1500 to 2500 

Don't see many people fighting the strip to see UNLV play Oral Roberts 

For these games on the strip the opponent needs to be a P5 of some sort so the average fan might recognize who UNLV is playing

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

This Rebel game going head to head against the VGK game and with the UNLV game across the street at the MGM GG - I expect to see an intimate gathering of a few thousand.........meaning literally 1500 to 2500 

Don't see many people fighting the strip to see UNLV play Oral Roberts 

For these games on the strip the opponent needs to be a P5 of some sort so the average fan might recognize who UNLV is playing

I'll be there. 

Runnin' Rebel Fever 4 life.

1 hour ago, mundyc3 said:

I am a equal Rebel and Golden Knight. But I have season tickets to the Knights... so they win this round. 

Then you are not equal since you don't have season tickets to the Rebels.  Change your avatar! 

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Then you are not equal since you don't have season tickets to the Rebels.  Change your avatar! 

Reason being, at least I know I can make return on my tickets for Golden Knights. With the Rebels, I buy my tickets for like $6-20 on Stubhub when I can go.

4 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

This game is not hosted by UNLV at the Thomas and Mack and the athletic department doesn't have the same access and possibly not the same media permissions.

Saturday's game, which is also at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, will be on ESPN2.