Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada breaks into AP top 25

4 hours ago, bigd said:

Yeah but Texas Tech was a true road game, whereas TCU is neutral. If that game was at Lawlor we likely would've won.

Either way, after losing that game we really need to beat TCU. Losing our only two P5 games won't do us any favors come selection Sunday.

You could’ve gotten a home and home with them.  Please don’t respond back that you couldn’t.  I’m not interested in hearing it.  ?

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

I believe that incentive went away with the million bucks.

No it’s still there.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The Muss attendance clause is actually the Pat Foster attendance clause. Nevada has used it a few times. Basically, you make the program money, you’ll share in the profit. 

**Cause we cant afford to waste money if you don’t. 

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

You could’ve gotten a home and home with them.  Please don’t respond back that you couldn’t.  I’m not interested in hearing it.  ?

We're not interested in hearing what you're not interested in hearing. You have to learn to win on the road.....it's part of basketball. 

11 hours ago, renoskier said:

I believe that incentive went away with the million bucks.

No, he still gets it but it's 25% instead of 50%. The number it kicks in at is 1.43 mil in tickets sold (even exhibition & post season). The amount above that is the 25%. With a really good year he could realistically make up to about 1.3 mil (1 mil plus bonuses). So it's really not a bad contract. Right now they have Muss capped at 1.3 mil, so I think eventually the logical next step ("raise") would be to move the cap up to maybe 1. 5 or 1.6.  Mark Few at Gonzaga makes 1.4 last I checked, CAL around 1.6, IIRC.

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Please help me understand why Nevada would pass on the opportunity to do a home and home series with a Big 12 team?  Come on man I try and cut you some slack because I think you’re probably 12 years old, but this comment is dumb on so many levels.

3 hours ago, Packman04 said:

Please help me understand why Nevada would pass on the opportunity to do a home and home series with a Big 12 team?  Come on man I try and cut you some slack because I think you’re probably 12 years old, but this comment is dumb on so many levels.

I know it's fun to play along, but the odds are pretty good this is a totally different person in real life that's having some fun trolling and has the discipline not to break character. If not, holy dumbass, batman!

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I know it's fun to play along, but the odds are pretty good this is a totally different person in real life that's having some fun trolling and has the discipline not to break character. If not, holy dumbass, batman!

Good point, so you think he literally does it solely for his own entertainment purposes?  If true i’d actually tip my cap to him and his ability to suck us in.

12 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

Good point, so you think he literally does it solely for his own entertainment purposes?  If true i’d actually tip my cap to him and his ability to suck us in.

It's not. There are people like this out there in this world.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

“Idaho and Washington State have played 273 times in the oldest college basketball rivalry west of the Mississippi River.”

Who knew? Interesting. 

Of course they have.  Their campuses are 15 minutes apart.

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I stopped giving him shit. He is either mentally challenged or plays dumb. Either way I'm safe. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."