Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Mountain West Basketball Week 5: 12/4 -12/10

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Says the fan of a school who orgasms just from getting a fringe four star recruit.  ❤️???

I don't know any Boise hoops fan that gushes over any BBall recruit.  Ever.   We are always in a wait and see mode.  Heck Jessup has been our best recruit the past 3 classes or so IMO and he looks like a male nurse or that Uber driver I had in SF the other day.       

Boise is really a fledgling in college hoops (more in a later post about how that should rattle you as a UNLV fan).  Rarely win a conference tourney, never win an NCAA tournament game.    But maybe someday we'll get there and get all fired up on signing day and compete with UNLV for the recruiting trophy.   Or maybe we learn from Sengfelder and Lexus Williams and try to compete with Nevada for the transfer crown.   Regardless, it's fun to be just competitive in the MWC in hoops.  And I mean that. 

12 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I am failing to see how McCoy and Menzies is comparable to Rice and Bennett?

Its just not a logical argument. While different program.

They don't, at all.  Which is why somebody bringing recruits from 6 years ago as a testament to the relevance of your program makes no sense.

And FWIW, @ph90702 is not trolling.  He really believes what he types and is one of the most sincere people on the board.  I know because he is actually a friend of mine on social media.  He is a really good dude and knows he has an open invitation to come visit me in Boise and get lit as +++++.  He can come kick it with my friends and I for a week and will be a changed man.

9 minutes ago, roughrider said:

I don't know any Boise hoops fan that gushes over any BBall recruit.  Ever.   We are always in a wait and see mode.  Heck Jessup has been our best recruit the past 3 classes or so IMO and he looks like a male nurse or that Uber driver I had in SF the other day.       

Boise is really a fledgling in college hoops (more in a later post about how that should rattle you as a UNLV fan).  Rarely win a conference tourney, never win an NCAA tournament game.    But maybe someday we'll get there and get all fired up on signing day and compete with UNLV for the recruiting trophy.   Or maybe we learn from Sengfelder and Lexus Williams and try to compete with Nevada for the transfer crown.   Regardless, it's fun to be just competitive in the MWC in hoops.  And I mean that. 

I want every team in the MW to be successful.  We can be much better as a basketball conference.  It doesn’t take a monstrous budget like it does with football.

3 minutes ago, roughrider said:

I would add that McCoy looks better already than Bennett ever did.  That kid's a monster.   

Comparing Menzies to Rice is like comparing FDR to Trump. 

bennett was an absolute beast, until about early february when he got hurt, i remember feeling so lucky to be able to watch him every game. as good as mccoy is, he isn't quite there, but there is still time for him though. AB had the disadvantage of dave rice, so he got no development during the year he was here. none. mccoy has several good coaches to work with him, and he improves almost every game, and is figuring out how to get around the double teams. it's only a matter of time.

4 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

bennett was an absolute beast, until about early february when he got hurt, i remember feeling so lucky to be able to watch him every game. as good as mccoy is, he isn't quite there, but there is still time for him though. AB had the disadvantage of dave rice, so he got no development during the year he was here. none. mccoy has several good coaches to work with him, and he improves almost every game, and is figuring out how to get around the double teams. it's only a matter of time.

Part of the struggle with double teams is that he doesn’t know where the guards are going to be. It needs to be scripted where the guards will be if a double team comes.

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

Part of the struggle with double teams is that he doesn’t know where the guards are going to be. It needs to be scripted where the guards will be if a double team comes.

partly. he also needs to learn when to not put the ball on the floor.

in the last game part of his frustration was the guards not getting it to him when he WAS open. like adam hill said, mccoy gets it back to them, often, and they get better shots. mooring especially needs to figure that out. i think hardy already has, we're going to like him in the coming years, that alley oop he threw to juice couldn't have been better.

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

partly. he also needs to learn when to not put the ball on the floor.

in the last game part of his frustration was the guards not getting it to him when he WAS open. like adam hill said, mccoy gets it back to them, often, and they get better shots. mooring especially needs to figure that out. i think hardy already has, we're going to like him in the coming years, that alley oop he threw to juice couldn't have been better.

I think Hardy will be a good player for us.  I’m not sure if he will be a point guard or a shooting guard.  He seems to be playing both.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:49 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

UNLV just is not a good team.  That simple.  7th best in the MWC, tops.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:39 PM, UNLV2001 said:
On 12/9/2017 at 5:59 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Do you see me answering as though UNLV will be at the very top of the MWC - I mean BSU hammered LOYOLA CHICAGO :cheer: Clearly a win for the ages for BSU and the reputation of the MWC - Sports media outlets all were fawning over that amazing win !!

In only a few short weeks BSU will bring their juggernaut into the T&M to face lowly UNLV - I can only imagine the fear & despondence that will sweep over the Rebels knowing that the mighty Broncos have arrived and in their back pocket is a win over LOYOLA CHICAGO - My god, my hope is only that the UNLV teams hearts can handle the stress of the moment 

With wins over those teams I would hoist Loyola Chicago up as a program defining win !! 

If only UNLV would have the testicles to schedule Loyola Chicago :unsure:

Lolol

UNLV fans proceeded in mock outrage when I predicted a 7th place finish.  They finished 8th.  UNLV fans ridiculed the idea that Loyola Chicago could possibly be a better win than Utah.  They are now in the sweet 16, not sure how Utah is doing in the NIT.

Freaking Vegas fans.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:05 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Oregon is a nice win.......but does anyone with any sense of basketball knowledge think that win supersedes the magnificent win over LOYOLA CHICAGO ?!?!?! No sir!! The win over LC is program changing !!! 

:cheers:

34 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Unfortunately our program didn't change. 

Nobody said it would.  I had the audacity to call it a quality win on par with or better than Utah and @UNLV2001 lost his shit and posted around a dozen mocking replies.  I also had the audacity to say Boise looked like the second best team in the conference and UNLV was not a clear tier ahead of them and he lost his shit further.  The same week he went off with @utenation about being an "expert" in this game of shooty hoops.