Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Mountain West Basketball Week 5: 12/4 -12/10

21 minutes ago, roughrider said:

It's best to separate recruiting titles and trophies from on the court titles and trophies.     Or not, keep looking silly.    

And no, you can't play the Tark card anymore.  That was a different era. 

I never bring up Tark.  We get great players now.  Ya’ll are jealous.  ??

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

I never bring up Tark.  We get great players now.  Ya’ll are jealous.  ??

Nobody gives a feck about recruiting titles. We actually all make fun of them, just like preseason titles. They matter not at all. 

50 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If your players were great they would not suck so much the last several years.  I saw those All Americans.  Garbage.

Ehh while Ph is trolling for sure, I would not say Rashad Vaughn, Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch were garbage. All were pretty nice in college. The only McD's AA I can remember being a real disappoinment was the big white kid from Gorman (I'm brain farting on his name). I cannot recall if we got more AA than those in the MWC era.

As to PH claims of UNLV superiority, they are obviously untrue. UNLV's ceiling may in fact be the highest in the conference, due to facilities and name cache, but without actual results to reflect that potential, it's just hollow speculation to this point.

UNLV has fallen victim to too many bad coaching hires. It's what happens when you do things on the cheap. We actually paid Lon Kruger and look what happened. Perhaps we've lucked into another good hire with Menzies. Time will tell.

I think Boise State, Nevada, SDSU and Colorado State all have to be commended for simply getting it done on the court the past few years. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Nobody gives a feck about recruiting titles. We actually all make fun of them, just like preseason titles. They matter not at all. 

Says the fan of a school who orgasms just from getting a fringe four star recruit.  ❤️???

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Says the fan of a school who orgasms just from getting a fringe four star recruit.  ❤️???

No, says the fan of the school who wins the recruiting title every year in the sport that matters and the only one that has gotten two top-100 HS recruits (not transfers), and the only one that gets 4**** recruits annually. It means absolutely deck if it doesn't lead to NY6 Bowls and conference titles... now translate that times 10 for basketball where most of the big recruits are long gone before accomplishing anything in college. 

2 minutes ago, RedheadRebel said:

Ehh while Ph is trolling for sure, I would not say Rashad Vaughn, Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch were garbage. All were pretty nice in college. The only McD's AA I can remember being a real disappoinment was the big white kid from Gorman (I'm brain farting on his name). I cannot recall if we got more AA than those in the MWC era.

As to PH claims of UNLV superiority, they are obviously untrue. UNLV's ceiling may in fact be the highest in the conference, due to facilities and name cache, but without actual results to reflect that potential, it's just hollow speculation to this point.

UNLV has fallen victim to too many bad coaching hires. It's what happens when you do things on the cheap. We actually paid Lon Kruger and look what happened. Perhaps we've lucked into another good hire with Menzies. Time will tell.

I think Boise State, Nevada, SDSU and Colorado State all have to be commended for simply getting it done on the court the past few years. 

They might not have been garbage but with the exception of Bennett none were really that great.  Birch was good on the boards and very very meh on offense.  Vaughn was silly overrated.  Neither lived up to their AA pedigree.  Vaughn was pretty meh.  Not one aside from Bennett was real baller like you would expect from their rating. 

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They might not have been garbage but with the exception of Bennett none were really that great.  Birch was good on the boards and very very meh on offense.  Vaughn was silly overrated.  Neither lived up to their AA pedigree.  Vaughn was pretty meh.  Not one aside from Bennett was real baller like you would expect from their rating. 

I hope your day is bright!  ??

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I hope your day is bright!  ??

I would ask you to stop being weird and discuss sports but I know it would be hopeless.  This shit has more gay than the AIDS virus.  If you feel to socially uncomfortable in debating points that make you mad a message board is not for you.  Honestly homie.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would ask you to stop being weird and discuss sports but I know it would be hopeless.  This shit has more gay than the AIDS virus.  If you feel to socially uncomfortable in debating points that make you made a message board is not for you.  Honestly homie.

I’ve been meeting with a woman at my work, and she’s helping me to change.  I have a ways to go, but I feel better than when I started.  ?

22 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Everyone of them were some of the best players in the entire conference during their time here.

Birch dominated boards and has been the best shot blocker this conference has seen in a decade.

Vaughn...18ppg 5rpg and shooting over 38% from 3 is a damn good season for a freshman.

Sure you can hate on the success as a team with those AA's..but individually they were worthy of their rankings.

Sadly we had Dave Rice.

In Menzies I trust. Not only is McCoy smashing everyone he plays offensively...this team is looking damn good around him and that's credit to the coaching staff.

Y'all need to stop biting PHs bait because some of the responses just get out of hand.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, ph90702 said:

I’ve been meeting with a woman at my work, and she’s helping me to change.  I have a ways to go, but I feel better than when I started.  ?

Glad for you man.  Keep it up in the real world.  In the real world when somebody pisses you off you can not just send them unicorn and heart emoji's though.  Practice here a little bit.  You need to be more comfortable in talking to people who say things you do not like.  In fact most of us here make ribbing each other fun.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Glad for you man.  Keep it up in the real world.  In the real world when somebody pisses you off you can not just send them unicorn and heart emoji's though.  Practice here a little bit.  You need to be more comfortable in talking to people who say things you do not like.  In fact most of us here make ribbing each other fun.

200.gif#11-grid1

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Everyone of them were some of the best players in the entire conference during their time here.

Birch dominated boards and has been the best shot blocker this conference has seen in a decade.

Vaughn...18ppg 5rpg and shooting over 38% from 3 is a damn good season for a freshman.

Sure you can hate on the success as a team with those AA's..but individually they were worthy of their rankings.

Sadly we had Dave Rice.

In Menzies I trust. Not only is McCoy smashing everyone he plays offensively...this team is looking damn good around him and that's credit to the coaching staff.

Y'all need to stop biting PHs bait because some of the responses just get out of hand.

Birch could not make a bunny and I saw him get owned on his match ups against Webb.  Not AA caliber, at all.  Vaughn never played D and was never clutch.  Neither had the talent to make UNLV nationally relevant,  Birch was a 10 and 10 type guy.  The conference has had a lot of those.  

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Birch could not make a bunny and I saw him get owned on his match ups against Webb.  Not AA caliber, at all.  Vaughn never played D and was never clutch.  Neither had the talent to make UNLV nationally relevant,  Birch was a 10 and 10 type guy.  The conference has had a lot of those.  

12/10/4 over 50% fg and played alongside another 10 and 10 player in roscoe Smith.

Not all AAs go to NBA or are successful in college. Birch was damn good in college and his play and stats back that up.

Webb was a freak and under recruited. Has nothing to do with quality of Birch.

You bring up national relevance and other vrwp but fail to acknowledge who our coach was. Rice was handed an elite 8 caliber team and did nothing with it.

Then he landed a monster recruiting class and some more seniors and did nothing again.

I am failing to see how McCoy and Menzies is comparable to Rice and Bennett?

Its just not a logical argument. Whole different program.

All is well, For Rice is gone.