Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

The AAC has officially left us in the dust

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

1) The difference between what he said and what that article said is peanuts, or in legal parlance, de minimus.

2) Just what are you asking him to interpret?

Other than he didn’t post TV revenue at all.   It was BCS revenue sharing.  Other than that who cares....

he is providing his understanding of contractual law around the MWC by laws. I’m simply asking his level of expertise and experience.

If it's the bylaws' expulsion provision he's correct that it patently has nothing to do with lousy performance. And performance reasons for alleging breach of contract don't seem to be worth the paper they're written on anyway. No better example than Chuck Long's contract with SDSU. I don't recall the exact language but among the reasons the contract could be voided was failure of Chuck to have performed as football HC in a manner anticipated by the parties when the contract was let. Well, Chuck went 9-27 in three years, a worse run than even Paul Governalli, who went 11-27-4 in four years before being replaced by Don Coryell. Chuck also became the first - and still only - coach in school history to have a double digit loss season, in his final year the school had numerically the worst loss in school history and statistically the worse defense in school history. Yet rather than relying on that provision to fire Chuck and refuse to pay the rest of the money left on the contract, SDSU continued to employ Chuck ~$625K to do a job which my research indicated the average civil service employee was receiving ~$125K to perform.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

What's wrong? AAC board no longer enough to satisfy your need for a bash fanhood and SDSU fix?

And just why the hell do you care what that guy says? Since your comments on the AAC board make plain that you often lurk here, you know that fanhood is the sole Aztec who ever tries to say the MWC is the equivalent of the AAC. So get a GD clue. The vast majority of Aztecs want us out of this place but we're stuck here for the near future.

Finally, the SDSU team which lost to South Alabama last year beat your ass 34-10 so what does that say about YOUR football program?

bash sdsu???? have you read my posts on the other forum or not....i have always blamed boise and always say sdsu never wanted to leave..that the aac has no problem with sdsu...my conversations with fanhood almost never bash sdsu but are almost simply about his mwc bias ..the only time we discuss sdsu in whenever he tries to bash other schools on things sdsu isn't great on either 

go to ANY realignment thread, ask fanhood, i always say sdsu if we can go west

42 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If it's the bylaws' expulsion provision he's correct that it patently has nothing to do with lousy performance. And performance reasons for alleging breach of contract don't seem to be worth the paper they're written on anyway. No better example than Chuck Long's contract with SDSU. I don't recall the exact language but among the reasons the contract could be voided was failure of Chuck to have performed as football HC in a manner anticipated by the parties when the contract was let. Well, Chuck went 9-27 in three years, a worse run than even Paul Governalli, who went 11-27-4 in four years before being replaced by Don Coryell. Chuck also became the first - and still only - coach in school history to have a double digit loss season, in his final year the school had numerically the worst loss in school history and statistically the worse defense in school history. Yet rather than relying on that provision to fire Chuck and refuse to pay the rest of the money left on the contract, SDSU continued to employ Chuck ~$625K to do a job which my research indicated the average civil service employee was receiving ~$125K to perform.

I never claimed you could expel a team for lousy performance though the by laws are unclear on the grounds for and against expulsion other than stating the vote amount for it. 

22 minutes ago, pesik said:

bash sdsu???? have you read my posts on the other forum or not....i have always blamed boise and always say sdsu never wanted to leave..that the aac has no problem with sdsu...my conversations with fanhood almost never bash sdsu but are almost simply about his mwc bias ..the only time we discuss sdsu in whenever he tries to bash other schools on things sdsu isn't great on either 

go to ANY realignment thread, ask fanhood, i always say sdsu if we can go west

Well, you did say that SDSU was blown out two years in a row by South Alabama. FWIW, that was a shortsighted view. The first loss was by just 7 points and the latter loss can be attributed to a great extent to our long snapper getting knocked out of the game while making a tackle on a punt return. Following a change of possessions, his replacement snapped the ball over our punter's head allowing USA to go three yards in two plays and turn a 4-point lead into an 11-point lead.

I probably check out the AAC board only about once a month anymore so admit I've probably only seen a small percentage of fanhood's posts over there.

Boom goes the dynamite.

17 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I never claimed you could expel a team for lousy performance though the by laws are unclear on the grounds for and against expulsion other than stating the vote amount for it. 

I didn't say you made that claim, simply confirming there's no need for you to ask the bruin to interpret the bylaws since it's so clear poor performance doesn't justify expulsion.

Edit: Nevertheless, some here have said that SJSU was offered admission to the MWC based on assurances about facilities upgrades including the north end zone project. Those commitments apparently haven't been met so it might be argued SJSU breached its admission agreement. Whether expulsion would be in order as a remedy for that arguable breach I have no idea.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Well, you did say that SDSU was blown out two years in a row by South Alabama. FWIW, that was a shortsighted view. The first loss was by just 7 points and the latter loss can be attributed to a great extent to our long snapper getting knocked out of the game while making a tackle on a punt return. Following a change of possessions, his replacement snapped the ball over our punter's head allowing USA to go three yards in two plays and turn a 4-point lead into an 11-point lead.

I probably check out the AAC board only about once a month anymore so admit I've probably only seen a small percentage of fanhood's posts over there.

he said the aac wasnt that good last year in comparison to the other g5 and used our champ losing to army as his evidence ...i noted that how can you talk from that perspective when sdsu lost to south alabama. that wasnt bashing sdsu but stating how can a sdsu/mwc fan use that argument when you have glass house in that debate .. no one in the aac actually dislikes sdsu, fanhood in his words like to keep us in "reality" *cough* trash talk *cough* lol and we make jokes when sdsu loses, not becuase we dislike sdsu but to mock fanhood 

21 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I didn't say you made that claim, simply confirming there's no need for you to ask the bruin to interpret the bylaws since it's so clear poor performance doesn't justify expulsion.

Edit: Nevertheless, some here have said that SJSU was offered admission to the MWC based on assurances about facilities upgrades including the north end zone project. Those commitments apparently haven't been met so it might be argued SJSU breached its admission agreement. Whether expulsion would be in order as a remedy for that arguable breach I have no idea.

The original question which Bruin confused was could the league expel Boise if they held firm to their special deal.   He claimed no.   I claimed the deal was sold on a performance bonus available to all basis and it clearly wasn’t and that you might be able to claim lack of sportsmanship for the institution.    What flexibility you might or might not have is really in the purview of a contract law attorney which is why I asked what expertise he had. 

@sactowndog I forgot your original premise because it was even more far afield than simply expelling SJSU.  I don't practice the UCC so it's likely that someone who works on a daily basis in commercial sales who isn't an attorney knows the details in more depth than I do for those kinds of transactions.  However, media rights are unique so they aren't governed by the UCC - that's a BAR question.

@SleepingGiantsFan - thanks for the back up.  Let me suggest that you may be a little strident with @pesik.  Doctor Dre (RIP) tended to polarize things a bit last off season on these topics so pesik probably wrote something under the influence of Dre's superior trolling that you were justified in flaming him for but I don't think he started out thinking that he wanted to mix it up as much as he wound up doing because he hadn't gotten the full Dre yet.  Of course I could be proven completely wrong by his subsequent posts but wait for him to disrespect you before showing him the back of your hand so forcefully.

4 hours ago, pesik said:

he said the aac wasnt that good last year in comparison to the other g5 and used our champ losing to army as his evidence ...i noted that how can you talk from that perspective when sdsu lost to south alabama. that wasnt bashing sdsu but stating how can a sdsu/mwc fan use that argument when you have glass house in that debate .. no one in the aac actually dislikes sdsu, fanhood in his words like to keep us in "reality" *cough* trash talk *cough* lol and we make jokes when sdsu loses, not becuase we dislike sdsu but to mock fanhood 

Damn......I don't think there is anyone in my "real life" that talks about me when I am not around. Maybe I am doing things wrong there, because in the message board twitter sphere, it is like I am famous.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I may have stirred up a hornets next on the AAC Board. Some sensitive feelers over there. LOL

You are a master agitator. I think there’s a more appropriate term for such a person on the inter webs, but it escapes me....

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

16 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

@sactowndog I forgot your original premise because it was even more far afield than simply expelling SJSU.  I don't practice the UCC so it's likely that someone who works on a daily basis in commercial sales who isn't an attorney knows the details in more depth than I do for those kinds of transactions.  However, media rights are unique so they aren't governed by the UCC - that's a BAR question.@SleepingGiantsFan

It was and it wasn’t.  

It’s clear from reports many schools want out from the Boise deal.   Whether they can or can’t goes directly to the question of leverage in a negotiation.   Negotiations that clearly will occur.   Like war no one wants to get to that point but negotiations go better when all options are on the table.   

I largely agree with your point of window 4 but it only comes into play with scarcity of options.  BYU going hurts both in football as an independent and basketball making the WCC a viable alternative.   The Boise contract will go to ESPN regardless of price and ESPN knows this fact.   With 12-14 games ESPN has all the content they need.

13 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

You are a master agitator. I think there’s a more appropriate term for such a person on the inter webs, but it escapes me....

I like what @AKram came up with. Bully. :D 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I may have stirred up a hornets next on the AAC Board. Some sensitive feelers over there. LOL

I Googled "definition of a dim bulb" and the top choice was ECBrad.

As you said, pcm01013 isn't exactly a rocket scientist either. Just what kind of education do they provide at East Carolina?

Boom goes the dynamite.