Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

The AAC has officially left us in the dust

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

You'd be hard pressed to argue that Charlie Strong actually coaches football. 

I once thought Strong was an excellent coach. However, hindsight is 20/20 and I now know that like maybe everybody hired by Tom Jurich, he cheated like hell in recruiting.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

1wVEoxv.pngQ6tapRQ.png

Noting that Too-lame just had its second best season in 13 years, the above confirms what I've always said to AAC honks about the bottom of their conference being are lousy as the bottom of the MWC and if anybody single person is to blame, it's Mike Aresco.

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Noting that Too-lame just had its second best season in 13 years, the above confirms what I've always said to AAC honks about the bottom of their conference being are lousy as the bottom of the MWC and if anybody single person is to blame, it's Mike Aresco.

It ultimately comes down to finding a good coach.  The state of Louisiana is rich in Division I football recruits.  That Tulane, a past perennial loser, is stepping it up bodes well for an increasingly competitive AAC conference.  Tulsa did not have a QB this year and paid the price for it.  ECU will definitely be back....but they will have to fire their current coach to get there.  I don't have a clue why UConn has fallen so far down...so quickly.

On 12/7/2017 at 11:19 PM, edluvar said:

Tulsa guy talking to a conference which had 4+ teams turn down the AAC and 2 come back after never playing a down because Tulsa and Tulane were added.  Brilliant 

I’d rather have Tulsa and Tulane. BSU and SDSU don’t make sense in the AAC.

I like the AAC how it is

mem skyline sig.jpeg

17 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Tulane has built an OCS and hired a solid coach...it's showing

mem skyline sig.jpeg

26 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I’d rather have Tulsa and Tulane. BSU and SDSU don’t make sense in the AAC.

I like the AAC how it is

It is a nice conference, just not the BOR conference it could have been.   After those adds and the c-7 bailing it made no sense for mwc teams to join when asked.  

Posted Image

14 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Tulane has built an OCS and hired a solid coach...it's showing

They draw San Ho Levels of fans with that new stadium.   17k for south Florida.   Guess it lookes better in a small stadium then it did in the super dome though so kudos to them for that.  

Posted Image

Just now, edluvar said:

They draw San Ho Levels of fans with that new stadium.   17k for south Florida.   Guess it lookes better in a small stadium then it did in the super dome though so kudos to them for that.  

I'd put our bottom teams like UConn and Tulane up against SJSU or Hawai'i anytime...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

13 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Tulane's OCS (on campus stadium)

\tulane-university-website.jpg

Let me guess. If a QB can literally "go over the top" and complete a pass to a receiver on the other side of the stands at the bottom, the resulting TD is worth 14 points?

Boom goes the dynamite.

^ the low size of the visitor section is because of those massive homes that back up to the stadium...they have an HOA and one of the residents is a lawyer...they ended up getting Tulane to 'compromise'

that said it holds 28k with 30k standing room only...that's perfect for Tulane and that part of town is great.

WAY better than the Dome 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Tulane's practice field reminds me of CSU's indoor practice field.

they have a REALLY nice baseball stadium...It's one of the nicest college baseball stadiums I've ever seen.

lsu-takes-on-tulane-baseball-at-turchin-

mem skyline sig.jpeg