Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

Selection Sunday

3 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

And OSU didn’t get left out because they lost to Iowa, they got left out because they did what the committee supposedly wants people to do: schedule tough OOC opponants. They schedule a cupcake instead of OU and they get in as a 1 loss Big 10 champ no questions asked, even with the loss to Iowa. 

Don't kid yourself. They definitely got left out, in part, due to the loss to Iowa.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

44 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Don't kid yourself. They definitely got left out, in part, due to the loss to Iowa.

It wasn't just that they lost to Iowa, they got rolled, the Hawkeyes layed 55 on them.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

No way Ohio State deserved to be in the playoffs.  If you get in, great....roll the dice, but even the Buckeye message boards are overwhelmingly OK with getting left out. 

Now if Bama had been left out, death threats would be sent, dogs would be poisoned and the University president would be holding some ridiculous press conference tomorrow that would be the embodiment of everything wrong in American higher education specifically and American culture in general. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

54 minutes ago, Mano said:

It wasn't just that they lost to Iowa, they got rolled, the Hawkeyes layed 55 on them.

Oh, I know that. Thought I pointed that out in a previous comment. Getting nut-docked by a middling team hurt them a lot.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

5 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Wow, CSU really about got ditched. 

Not at all, CSU was in waiting for an opponent.  UTSA was promising 10k tickets and fans to attend.  ESPN wanted Marshall and their TV ratings.  81 eligible  bowl teams 78 spots, the poinsettia bowl was missed

52 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

The P12 seems like an afterthought.. I know UW got in last year but their status has taken a hit since we went to the playoffs.

This year, the P12 was down but previously the conference was in 2 of the first 3.  I don’t think that’s an after thought.

Oregon was in the championship just a few years ago.

31 minutes ago, Castle Ram said:

Not at all, CSU was in waiting for an opponent.  UTSA was promising 10k tickets and fans to attend.  ESPN wanted Marshall and their TV ratings.  81 eligible  bowl teams 78 spots, the poinsettia bowl was missed

I know but I had fun giving you guys a hard time. Haha. 

tetons1.jpg

29 minutes ago, Castle Ram said:

Are Marshall's ratings really that good? Would have rather had UTSA again. 

17 hours ago, edluvar said:

Imho if you have a 4 team playoff those teams should be conference champions.  It's the same stipulation the P5 put on the G5.    

Disagree. Instead there should be an automatic disqualifier for any team which loses to Iowa by 31.

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 hours ago, schmalls said:

Vegas Bowl/Boise - 1,350,000

Hawaii/FSU - 650,000

Armed Forces/SDSU -675,000

New Mexico Bowl/ CSU - 912,000

Tater Bowl/WYO  - 325,000

Zona Bowl/ USU - ????

Do you know the requirements for teams to purchase/guarantee ticket allotments by each bowl?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Disagree. Instead there should be an automatic disqualifier for any team which loses to Iowa by 31.

In 2015 bamma lost to ole miss and still made the natty.  

Posted Image

14 hours ago, Squall Hammer said:

Are these really the payouts? I'm shocked the New Mexico Bowl is so high, I could have sworn I saw the payout totals a few years ago and the New Mexico Bowl was second to last in the conference after the Potato Bowl. I wonder if it was raised recently.

It was previously $456,250, not sure when it was raised.