Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Your Projected 20 Game Winners in MBB

Given the schedule and level of play to this point, I predict the MWC will have at least four teams win 20+ games:

Nevada: As of now the class of the conference, could push close to 28 to 30 wins regular season. I think this is a legit top 25 program at this point. 

SDSU: A good win verses Georgia and they'll have a chance to make a statement against Gonzaga coming up. I think they'll pick up 2 more OOC wins against Bradley and Cal. 

Boise State: Given how well they've played their OOC so far, I think they're good enough for 3 more wins before the conference schedule starts. I see the Broncos winning at least 10 games in conference. 

Fresno State: Probably have the weakest OOC schedule of the four but Fresno seems to be a team that picks up momentum as the season goes along. Don't sleep on this team. 

With four 20 win teams, the MWC will be on a better trajectory. What are your predictions? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

This is an illegitimate list... with no UNLV and no UNM... this is #fakenews... I'm understanding trump's position on this issue now! :P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

With 31 games on the schedule this season, plus at least one game in the MWC tournament, UNLV could go 14-11 in the next 25 games and still get to 20 wins.  Considering the Rebels should go at worst 4-2 the rest of the NC schedule, UNLV would only need to go 10-9 against the MWC to get to 20 wins. 

1 minute ago, BleedRebelRed said:

With 31 games on the schedule this season, plus at least one game in the MWC tournament, UNLV could go 14-11 in the next 25 games and still get to 20 wins.  Considering the Rebels should go at worst 4-2 the rest of the NC schedule, UNLV would only need to go 10-9 against the MWC to get to 20 wins. 

CBI here you come!

That CBI win that folks believe is beneath their schools is what built the current Nevada program.  Muss won that with 2 freshmen and the guys who won 9 games the year before.  If they didn't win that and get the even limited recognition it brought, the Martin twins probably don't even give Nevada a second look.  That win produced some very large crowds and more important convinced Muss that he could win games at Nevada and build a program..

You are damn right we hung that banner with pride.  This was a program that was way down and now things are looking pretty good.  Pooh pooh all you want.  That CBI championship was huge..

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

That CBI win that folks believe is beneath their schools is what built the current Nevada program.  Muss won that with 2 freshmen and the guys who won 9 games the year before.  If they didn't win that and get the even limited recognition it brought, the Martin twins probably don't even give Nevada a second look.  That win produced some very large crowds and more important convinced Muss that he could win games at Nevada and build a program..

You are damn right we hung that banner with pride.  This was a program that was way down and now things are looking pretty good.  Pooh pooh all you want.  That CBI championship was huge..

I think it's a noteworthy accomplishment. If Boise State won the CBI, I'm pretty sure they'd hang a banner as well. 

48 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I think it's a noteworthy accomplishment. If Boise State won the CBI, I'm pretty sure they'd hang a banner as well. 

There's a difference between "needing a banner to hang" and the quality of the banners already hanging 

UNR & BSU need banners regardless of what they say .............I hear UNR has one on the way that says "The Pack wins November 2017" 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

There's a difference between "needing a banner to hang" and the quality of the banners already hanging 

UNR & BSU need banners regardless of what they say .............I hear UNR has one on the way that says "The Pack wins November 2017" 

Wyoming has one:

Screen-Shot-2017-11-03-at-10.36.44-PM.pn

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Given the schedule and level of play to this point, I predict the MWC will have at least four teams win 20+ games:

Nevada: As of now the class of the conference, could push close to 28 to 30 wins regular season. I think this is a legit top 25 program at this point. 

SDSU: A good win verses Georgia and they'll have a chance to make a statement against Gonzaga coming up. I think they'll pick up 2 more OOC wins against Bradley and Cal. 

Boise State: Given how well they've played their OOC so far, I think they're good enough for 3 more wins before the conference schedule starts. I see the Broncos winning at least 10 games in conference. 

Fresno State: Probably have the weakest OOC schedule of the four but Fresno seems to be a team that picks up momentum as the season goes along. Don't sleep on this team. 

With four 20 win teams, the MWC will be on a better trajectory. What are your predictions? 

I have UNLV as high as 25-6 to as low as 21-10. At least at this point of the season and being injury free. UNI and Arizona will be the biggest threats to our bigs and they'll be tested by MWC play where nobody will be able to stop them with man to man 1 on 1 ball.

After tonights Arizona game UNLV will be favorites in their next 12 games. The conference schedule is favorable for the Rebels as they don't get the top dogs until late January and February. Plenty of time for this tewsm to grow and get better.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

3 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

At least UNLV won't hang a big CBI banner like some of the schools in this conference do.

What's wrong with hanging a CBI banner?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Boise State took down all of their banners in TBA this year for some reason.  Not sure if they are making new ones or what...

7 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Boise State took down all of their banners in TBA this year for some reason.  Not sure if they are making new ones or what...

Interesting. I’m going to be home for Christmas and will go to the Colorado State game at TBA. Hope to see jimmy and ol scoots there.