Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Flynn prepared to testify that Trump, "directed him to make contact with the Russians."

43 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I want so badly for this to be true.

Well he hasn't tweeted in 8 hours so it’s entirely possible.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Well he hasn't tweeted in 8 hours so it’s entirely possible.  

And just like that...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

45 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

President Tillerson has a nice ring to it.

ya mean a good businessman? One who can actually work well with others?

How are the Trump bootlickers going to "neener neener" the other side with that action?

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

Just a friendly reminder...Trump may be impeached but not necessarily removed from office, like Clinton.

The Republicans are going to seat a child molester in the US Senate. They sure as hell won't vote to either impeach or convict.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

ya mean a good businessman? One who can actually work well with others?

How are the Trump bootlickers going to "neener neener" the other side with that action?

Big fan of him ever since his confirmation hearing.  Even the democrats seemed honestly impressed with him and said as much.  Listening to him talk he could not be more different than the Donald.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Big fan of him ever since his confirmation hearing.  Even the democrats seemed honestly impressed with him and said as much.  Listening to him talk he could not be more different than the Donald.

People that act like adults are in rare supply. We're all generally impressed when we find one.

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Wait.  If Flynn didn’t contact the Russians until after the election, where’s the collusion that everybody’s been talking about?  Isn’t contacting foreign governments standard operating procedure for incoming administrations?

?m=02&d=20170604&t=2&i=1187527978&r=LYNX

57 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I want so badly for this to be true.

Trump just tweeted!  You guys will believe ANYTHING if its something you like. \

The media has been speculating that I fired Rex Tillerson or that he would be leaving soon - FAKE NEWS! He’s not leaving and while we disagree on certain subjects, (I call the final shots) we work well together and America is highly respected again! 

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That's because he was the "leader", not a dictator, of a huge corporation. One with thousands of employees, millions of shareholders, and a board of directors; he knows how to play politics and bring folks together. Also, regardless of his personal beliefs, and because he's had to navigate the mine field of social issue as a CEO, I don't think he'd be quick to jump into that milieu. Of course, that wouldn't please social conservatives and that's why he'd could never become President through our current political climate.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

That's because he was the "leader", not a dictator, of a huge corporation. One with thousands of employees, millions of shareholders, and a board of directors; he knows how to play politics and bring folks together. Also, regardless of his personal beliefs, and because he's had to navigate the mine field of social issue as a CEO, I don't think he'd be quick to jump into that milieu. Of course, that wouldn't please social conservatives and that's why he'd could never become President through our current political climate.

Agreed.  Be pretty sweet if enough people go down.

I don't really understand the love for Tillerson I see around here. I mean he is obviously better than almost anyone else in the administration but that is a pretty low bar. SOme of the things I've read about his handling of the State Department are pretty disturbing. He has dismantled it and left our diplomatic corps severely hampered around the world. I get that he is an adult in the room and I appreciate that about him but I don't think he deserves all the love I see for him around here.

Just my opinion of course.

9 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I don't really understand the love for Tillerson I see around here. I mean he is obviously better than almost anyone else in the administration but that is a pretty low bar. SOme of the things I've read about his handling of the State Department are pretty disturbing. He has dismantled it and left our diplomatic corps severely hampered around the world. I get that he is an adult in the room and I appreciate that about him but I don't think he deserves all the love I see for him around here.

I think he has done about as well as could be hoped for given the circumstances.  There are a lot of libertarians here who think a smaller state department is not a bad thing, either.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

Depends what they talked about. I saw some things(and remember a discussion about these conversations earlier this year) that said he was discussing the new sanctions that the Obama administration placed on Russia in Dec 2016 and asking them not to retaliate because the Trump administration would remove the sanctions. This would be a violation of the Logan Act.

there was a lot more than one conversation with the Russians

7 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Maybe he has evaluated our huge diplomatic corps and considers some of it as wasteful and unnecessary. I don't know if that's actually the case but it would be refreshing to see the head of a government agency actually try to cut spending instead of rationalizing/defending their current budget.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The Logan act has never been prosecuted and it would be a hell of a task for a prosecutor to overcome 200 plus years of that precedent.

There is a hell of a lot more than the Logan act hanging over Flynn's head