Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Rank em?

Ahhh yes, the time of year has arrived where the SEC Mtn becomes shamed in their ability to compete.

We still got VB, and then it's gonna' be all MWC West for the glory.

54 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise is looking pretty good right now. We'll know a lot more Friday when they play Oregon. 

I always sleep on boise in hoops but there always up there . I was shocked to see in KenPom they are in the top 70

10 hours ago, fbpack said:

I always sleep on boise in hoops but there always up there . I was shocked to see in KenPom they are in the top 70

Annually this board sleeps on Boise. They are up to 48 in the RPI too. I think it's because they are usually not a great eyeball team.

I'm really cautiously optimistic on this team. There are some things they do that are better than any of Leon's teams. Rebounding, for example. It's his best rebounding team. Also, they have switched to a zone defense as their base and it's stymied teams. Boise is leading the conference in scoring D by almost 6 ppg over the next best team. There are things they need to clean up. Turnovers, for example, have been an issue most of the season. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Annually this board sleeps on Boise. They are up to 48 in the RPI too. I think it's because they are usually not a great eyeball team.

I'm really cautiously optimistic on this team. There are some things they do that are better than any of Leon's teams. Rebounding, for example. It's his best rebounding team. Also, they have switched to a zone defense as their base and it' stymied teams. Boise is leading the conference if scoring D by almost 6 ppg over the next best team. There are things they need to clean up. Turnovers, for example, have been an issue most of the season. 

Going to zone as the base D is a good idea. After watching UNI, I could see Boise being successful on a slow it down half court offense as well. Take the air out of the ball and limit possessions.

ASU beat #15 Xavier to stay undefeated and WAZZU is looking like they will be a top 25 team. Not sure how good this Aztec team will be but I’m about 90% sure we get two bids this year, maybe even 3. Depends on how Nev, Boise, LV, and SD finish OOC. 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I'm really cautiously optimistic on this team. There are some things they do that are better than any of Leon's teams. Rebounding, for example. It's his best rebounding team. Also, they have switched to a zone defense as their base and it' stymied teams. Boise is leading the conference if scoring D by almost 6 ppg over the next best team. There are things they need to clean up. Turnovers, for example, have been an issue most of the season. 

Sure seems like defense (the 2-3) is a key to early success.  D and rebounding with a team that can shoot like the Broncos could make for a fun season. 

11 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Nevada

UNLV

Boise

SDSU

Fresno

New Mexico

CSU

Utah St

Wyoming

Air Force

San Jose

I'm going to do one of those snarky polls Boise and San Diego football fans love to do....

1. Nevada

4. Unlv, Boise, SDSU, 

5. Fresno

6-11. The rest

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

3 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I'm going to do one of those snarky polls Boise and San Diego football fans love to do....

1. Nevada

4. Unlv, Boise, SDSU, 

5. Fresno

6-11. The rest

That's not snarky IMO.  It's almost accurate too;   when you do polls like this, the second group of teams (UNLV, Boise, SUDS) are actually second (2).  Then Fresno is correctly 5.    You're welcome.    

The gap from 1 to 2 is probably not big enough though to be honest.   You could go another page or two. 

Just now, roughrider said:

That's not snarky IMO.  It's almost accurate too;   when you do polls like this, the second group of teams (UNLV, Boise, SUDS) are actually second (2).  Then Fresno is correctly 5.    You're welcome.    

I actually considered this but decided that there were no teams deserving of being ranked 2 and 3. :hookah:

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Why does anyone think Fresno is good? Honest question

We Broncos don't think they are. Kustra even had it specified that they weren't to be good in the Boise term sheet deal. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, Bob said:

I was talking in the context of basketball, but OK

The Boise term sheet deal applies to everything. Nobody wants to coach basketball at Fresno anymore because of it. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg