Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SharkTanked

Tony Sanchez deserves more time to build UNLV football program

If you do let go of Sanchez, do the basketball thing and hire the NMSU coach. He's done wonders at a much harder place than UNLV. Cruces also has no football culture and low expectations. He had to clean up a big mess with scholarships and makes over a hundred K less than Sanchez. As Nevada fan, I hope Sanchez stays a while.

Just now, NMpackalum said:

If you do let go of Sanchez, do the basketball thing and hire the NMSU coach. He's done wonders at a much harder place than UNLV. Cruces also has no football culture and low expectations. He had to clean up a big mess with scholarships and makes over a hundred K less than Sanchez. As Nevada fan, I hope Sanchez stays a while.

Truth to the NMSU coach. He's doing a really nice job down there.

Guest RoscoesDad

Graney's antics on the radio the other day when one caller called him a homer was...sad,  

This article is exactly why UNLV has always sucked in football.  Graney wrote the same things about Sanford when he was floundering as a coach. Give Sanford more time Ed said! Then he piled on him and mocked when he quit.  He wrote the same thing about Hauck - give Booby more time Ed said!  The guy is such a pandering little dick, I cannot stand him.  It's always the same excuses from the same people that enable this program to keep on sucking.  Every losing coach and every losing season has an excuse.  Guess what?  We've given every crappy coach their "5 years" and nobody has won.  That's because it DOES NOT TAKE 5 YEARS to build a winning program in the MWC.  If we were in a P5 conference - sure, it's a long steep climb.  

HIRE THE RIGHT COACH and you don't need to worry about 5 year plans. UNLV has had the chance to hire the right coach in the past, and has elected to go the cheap route every time.  The list of good coaches UNLV has turned down is jaw droppingly absurd.

I think Sanchez should get another year or two because despite his flaws, the program has improved with talent and depth. However I am sick and tired of schumcks like Ed Graney continually enabling the losing, and openly mocking any fan who is tired of accepting his exuses for losing.

48 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Lol not a bad idea but Sanchez is a NMSU grad himself BTW.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

8 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

Graney's antics on the radio the other day when one caller called him a homer was...sad,  

This article is exactly why UNLV has always sucked in football.  Graney wrote the same things about Sanford when he was floundering as a coach. Give Sanford more time Ed said! Then he piled on him and mocked when he quit.  He wrote the same thing about Hauck - give Booby more time Ed said!  The guy is such a pandering little dick, I cannot stand him.  It's always the same excuses from the same people that enable this program to keep on sucking.  Every losing coach and every losing season has an excuse.  Guess what?  We've given every crappy coach their "5 years" and nobody has won.  That's because it DOES NOT TAKE 5 YEARS to build a winning program in the MWC.  If we were in a P5 conference - sure, it's a long steep climb.  

HIRE THE RIGHT COACH and you don't need to worry about 5 year plans. UNLV has had the chance to hire the right coach in the past, and has elected to go the cheap route every time.  The list of good coaches UNLV has turned down is jaw droppingly absurd.

I think Sanchez should get another year or two because despite his flaws, the program has improved with talent and depth. However I am sick and tired of schumcks like Ed Graney continually enabling the losing, and openly mocking any fan who is tired of accepting his exuses for losing.

It sure seem Sanchez has recruited more talent than I have seen recently.   I am excited to Amani Rodgers next year....I think he is the making of a Jalen Hurts in which he can be a passing threat with his running ability.  Hoping for a good year next year for UNLV...and even SJSU...with Montel Aaron.  Aaron isn't a good as Rogers at least yet, but he does have some skill and with both being Freshman, they will be a force if they are able to have a supporting cast. 

Side Note:  From the games that I have seen, the MW is going to have 3 dual threat QB's that are going to be quite something as they mature.  All 3 are Freshman.  Rodger of UNLV, Love of Utah State and Aaron of SJSU.  Rodger will still need to work on his passing but the skill is there.  Aaron and Love have shown pretty good passing and reading skills.  It will be fun to watch them in the next 3 years. 

8 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

DOES NOT TAKE 5 YEARS

HIRE THE RIGHT COACH and you don't need to worry about 5 year plans.

You are a smart SOB.  We have been telling the good folks from Vegas this for the past 3 years.  

Most here new that a high school guy would be overmatched ( pretty obvious one would think ), but still it took 3 years for most rebel fans to finally admit it.  There are still some that think he is on the cusp of greatness.  I would fire the president, AD, coaches and take most scholarships away.   This needs to be burnt down and restarted.  Until they do that, it will continue to only be a side show act 

24 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

It sure seem Sanchez has recruited more talent than I have seen recently.   I am excited to Amani Rodgers next year....I think he is the making of a Jalen Hurts in which he can be a passing threat with his running ability.  Hoping for a good year next year for UNLV...and even SJSU...with Montel Aaron.  Aaron isn't a good as Rogers at least yet, but he does have some skill and with both being Freshman, they will be a force if they are able to have a supporting cast. 

Side Note:  From the games that I have seen, the MW is going to have 3 dual threat QB's that are going to be quite something as they mature.  All 3 are Freshman.  Rodger of UNLV, Love of Utah State and Aaron of SJSU.  Rodger will still need to work on his passing but the skill is there.  Aaron and Love have shown pretty good passing and reading skills.  It will be fun to watch them in the next 3 years. 

In 2018 we also have Stacey Connor coming in as a dual threat QB from the state of Texas.  Not as highly ranked as Rogers but, someone to keep an eye on in the future.