Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Reno Battle Born Football Helmets

Nevada's last round of construction the last few years was $450 M & only 14% came from the State.  Traditionally Nevada received more from the State per student then UNLV because of older buildings that need to be heated in the winter.  Not any more.  The South didn't think that was fair. 

8 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

Nevada's last round of construction the last few years was $450 M & only 14% came from the State.  Traditionally Nevada received more from the State per student then UNLV because of older buildings that need to be heated in the winter.  Not any more.  The South didn't think that was fair. 

If Sisolak wins the Governorship prepare for more nonsense directed at the North, in particular the University. That man is openly hostile to the North and the rural counties.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

God damn the Rebels are still getting their asses handed to them, and the game ended days ago. Haven’t seen a thread backfire and the OP get dunked on this easily since...well the last time PH started a thread. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, battle.borne said:

If Sisolak wins the Governorship prepare for more nonsense directed at the North, in particular the University. That man is openly hostile to the North and the rural counties.

Dina Titus was verbally abusive towards the North but when she ran for Fed Rep she came up here & apparently all was forgiven.  Going to be funny watching Sisolak come North to campaign after hammering Nevada while he was on the Board of Trustees.

16 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

Dina Titus was verbally abusive towards the North but when she ran for Fed Rep she came up here & apparently all was forgiven.  Going to be funny watching Sisolak come North to campaign after hammering Nevada while he was on the Board of Trustees.

Northern Democrats who cherish the University should be wary of men like Sisolak. Christina has a real chance in the primaries.

19 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Northern Democrats who cherish the University should be wary of men like Sisolak. Christina has a real chance in the primaries.

We’ll see. I have always disliked Sisolak’s overt pro-southern Nevada politics, especially while on the Board of Regents, but the Old Man thought he’d probably be the better choice between the two Dems because he didn’t think him such an ideologue that he’d refuse to make deals in order to get things done. As much as I don’t like him, I’d vote for Sisolak every day and twice on Tuesday over Laxalt, who is a non-starter in any conversation involving good political leadership and skillful politicking. I mourn the thought of no more Sandoval in one year. He’s a stud. 

2 hours ago, battle.borne said:

Yeah, I haven't seen any poll numbers yet but Chris G is very popular. She was a loud voice against the stadium deal and in keeping developers away from red rock canyon. People love her. Does anyone love Steve Sisolak?

Guest RoscoesDad
20 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Yeah, I haven't seen any poll numbers yet but Chris G is very popular. She was a loud voice against the stadium deal and in keeping developers away from red rock canyon. People love her. Does anyone love Steve Sisolak?

I was dissapointed in Chris G on the stadium thing.  But if it weren't for her, Nevada probably wouldn't have legal weed...so I am good with her. 

Looking forward to getting the recall effort on that idiot Fiore started.  She fancies herself as like the female version of Trump.  Loud and stupid.  Leading the charge to overturn the puppy mill sales ban was a bridge too far.  What a Piece. of. Shit. that lady thing is.

2 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

I was dissapointed in Chris G on the stadium thing.  But if it weren't for her, Nevada probably wouldn't have legal weed...so I am good with her. 

Looking forward to getting the recall effort on that idiot Fiore started.  She fancies herself as like the female version of Trump.  Loud and stupid.  Leading the charge to overturn the puppy mill sales ban was a bridge too far.  What a Piece. of. Shit. that lady thing is.

https://www.facebook.com/Recall-Councilwoman-Michele-Fiore-Las-Vegas-1935990319956375/?fref=mentions

yeah i didn't understand the politics of her wanting to repeal that law. whether the law was good or bad, the optics on the whole thing are terrible.

Guest RoscoesDad
2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

https://www.facebook.com/Recall-Councilwoman-Michele-Fiore-Las-Vegas-1935990319956375/?fref=mentions

yeah i didn't understand the politics of her wanting to repeal that law. whether the law was good or bad, the optics on the whole thing are terrible.

Their whole stance was that the ban would hurt 2 stores in the valley, who both say they don't get their dogs from puppy mills (lie).  So basically the needs of 2 store owners who buy sick dogs from puppy mills, yet lie about it, are more important than the thousands of dogs that die every year at AF.  Petland is a disgrace, they will buy puppies off Craigslist and BY breeders and create fake AKC papers for them, then turnaround and sell them for like 2 grand.  Perhaps I am not the most impartial person on the subject as I work actively with local rescues and currently fostering 2 dogs rescued from AF that were schedule to be PTS. I'd invite anyone to spend time volunteering at your local shelter to walk those poor dogs and get them out of their cages for just a little bit of fun time....then go back a few days later and see that dog isn't there anymore...knowing they didn't get adopted.

1 minute ago, RoscoesDad said:

Their whole stance was that the ban would hurt 2 stores in the valley, who both say they don't get their dogs from puppy mills (lie).  So basically the needs of 2 store owners who buy sick dogs from puppy mills, yet lie about it, are more important than the thousands of dogs that die every year at AF.  Petland is a disgrace, they will buy puppies off Craigslist and BY breeders and create fake AKC papers for them, then turnaround and sell them for like 2 grand.  Perhaps I am not the most impartial person on the subject as I work actively with local rescues and currently fostering 2 dogs rescued from AF that were schedule to be PTS. I'd invite anyone to spend time volunteering at your local shelter to walk those poor dogs and get them out of their cages for just a little bit of fun time....then go back a few days later and see that dog isn't there anymore...knowing they didn't get adopted.

I followed the situation closely and watched the council meeting. It was gross.

I'm pretty active on another ongoing issue and I was very disappointed when she won. She truly is a mini-trump and I'm going to have to speak to her from time to time and try to treat her with respect. I feel gross already.

My sister is the volunteer coordinator at a humane society in Colorado so I know a little about how the shelters work, etc.Thanks for walking the dogs!

Guest RoscoesDad
24 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I followed the situation closely and watched the council meeting. It was gross.

I'm pretty active on another ongoing issue and I was very disappointed when she won. She truly is a mini-trump and I'm going to have to speak to her from time to time and try to treat her with respect. I feel gross already.

My sister is the volunteer coordinator at a humane society in Colorado so I know a little about how the shelters work, etc.Thanks for walking the dogs!

Going to the shelter and walking the dogs literally devestated my soul because you know most of them were just waiting out a death sentence....it's what got me into rescue.  I am not sure I would be able to keep my cool if I had to deal with Fiore in person...best of luck!!

11 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It doesn’t fit with the theme of the helmet.  ?

I suppose "Schutt" would fit the theme better?

4 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

We’ll see. I have always disliked Sisolak’s overt pro-southern Nevada politics, especially while on the Board of Regents, but the Old Man thought he’d probably be the better choice between the two Dems because he didn’t think him such an ideologue that he’d refuse to make deals in order to get things done. As much as I don’t like him, I’d vote for Sisolak every day and twice on Tuesday over Laxalt, who is a non-starter in any conversation involving good political leadership and skillful politicking. I mourn the thought of no more Sandoval in one year. He’s a stud. 

The McCarran airport land deals SHOULD torpedo his candidacy but I thought that when he ran for Regent. We shall see.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

The Fertitta's love Sisolak. He's their guy from what I'm told.