Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokerider

Democrats don't even want to talk about Tax Bill

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Part of the GOP plan..........remove the mandate, then insurance pools collapse, Insurers pull out or raise premiums drastically and then scream ObamaCare / ACA is failing under it's own weight - weight caused by GOP chipping away at the structural aspects of the ACA.

Then bankruptcies will increase as people are hit with massive medical bills and all is well !! 

Just like the old days, which is why the Affordable Care Act was written.  What goes around comes around. 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

if recent elections are any indication the GOP & Trump could be in trouble - economy is one thing but epic idiocy might win out and it's not like the economy just turned on in January 2017 - it's been on the increase since late 2009 

The DNC, of course, think it's epic idiocy.  I expected nothing less from you.  Like I said above, the GOP is doing what they said they'd do, and the Dems are going batshytcrazy over it.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, aztech said:

Just like the old days, which is why the Affordable Care Act was written.  What goes around comes around. 

The old way is what the GOP wants - If you can afford a really good insurance policy then all is fine.........might need one of those crap policies that cover only small stuff / or go with out any insurance and die or go into bankruptcy 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

The old way is what the GOP wants - If you can afford a really good insurance policy then all is fine.........might need one of those crap policies that cover only small stuff / or go with out any insurance and die or go into bankruptcy 

Stop it.  I'm the only guy that can sell fear on this board.

Just now, pokebball said:

The DNC, of course, think it's epic idiocy.  I expected nothing less from you.  Like I said above, the GOP is doing what they said they'd do, and the Dems are going batshytcrazy over it.

Trump ran on similar populism to Bernie Sanders - Those votes could easily swing back to a similar Dem.

The GOP base loves the racists aspects of Trump - That's proven by their coming out into the open since his election.

This tax scam is just a typical GOP help the rich tax cut in disguise as for the "middle class" 

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  The GOP is doing exactly what they ran on and we all knew last fall the Dems would have a conniption fit over any attempt to repeal the ACA or tax reform.  It's all right on queue.

yes it is. Just like the fact that we knew that the 8-year conniption over the deficit was never genuine, and that the ACA would be repealed with no suitable replacement. That the Republicans would confuse tax reform for tax cuts, and it will end up with more bad policy. Right on queue.

The Democrats lost Congress when the Affordable Care Act passed.  The same will likely happen when the Republicans take it away.  I think those who lose their nest eggs will mostly come from Trump's base; the poor and less educated. 

Just now, aztech said:

The Democrats lost Congress when the Affordable Care Act passed.  The same will likely happen when the Republicans take it away.  I think those who lose their nest eggs will mostly come from Trump's base; the poor and less educated. 

Knee jerk reactions happen - once things get in place it's hard to take them away - Still think the GOP could be facing a big backlash - have to see if the recent elections were part of a wave of a one off backlash 

29 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

If the economy tanks, trump is done and congress will flip.   If it keeps growing like it is, I would vote for him again.  I still hope many GOPs get primary-ed.   Huge problem for lefties to hope the economy turns backward....

FIFY...

Nobody is hoping the economy turns backward. The economy has been on this path for years, already. People on your side suddenly woke up in January and said "Look at all this growth!" The truth doesn't matter a bit anymore.

Trump ran on similar populism to Bernie Sanders - Those votes could easily swing back to a similar Dem. Agree

The GOP base loves the racists aspects of Trump - That's proven by their coming out into the open since his election.  All 1,000 of them...phfftt

This tax scam is just a typical GOP help the rich tax cut in disguise as for the "middle class" Like I said in another post, I knew you wouldn't like the GOP tax reform.

The that's engaged in these debates over policy the better, in my opinion.

I don't think populism is a good thing.  I think it's here to stay though.

This is why an accused pedophile will win in Alabama - The bible thumpers tossing their bibles out the window because the child molester aligns with them on the 10 commandments - the hypocrisy of the evangelical GOP base is amazing 

DP1It1XVwAElyfF.jpg

14 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

yes it is. Just like the fact that we knew that the 8-year conniption over the deficit was never genuine, and that the ACA would be repealed with no suitable replacement. That the Republicans would confuse tax reform for tax cuts, and it will end up with more bad policy. Right on queue.

The ACA wasn't a suitable replacement.  It was a bad change for the sake of change.  Bad policy replacing bad policy.  Half of us are always going to feel our bad is the lesser bad.

9 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Knee jerk reactions happen - once things get in place it's hard to take them away - Still think the GOP could be facing a big backlash - have to see if the recent elections were part of a wave of a one off backlash 

Don't count the Alabama race.  Man, that is one scary state.  If they want to separate from the Union, quickly show them the door.

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The that's engaged in these debates over policy the better, in my opinion.

I don't think populism is a good thing.  I think it's here to stay though.

You vastly under-estimate the number of racists, Klansmen and Nazi's that inhabit the party you align with - you might like the GOP based on some skewed economic thinking, but you also need to recognize the rest of the party 

Populism has worked in the past ..............for Hitler & Mussolini in the 1930's for other authoritarian figures since then - One reason the GOP has wrapped them selves in the flag and thinks they are the party of true patriots - It has a tribal appeal and can move masses 

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The ACA wasn't a suitable replacement.  It was a bad change for the sake of change.  Bad policy replacing bad policy.  Half of us are always going to feel our bad is the lesser bad.

It had to be tweaked, both parties knew this.  So which is smarter, improve the law or get rid of it? 

3 minutes ago, aztech said:

Don't count the Alabama race.  Man, that is one scary state.  If they want to separate from the Union, quickly show them the door.

If Alabama wanted to leave and become it's own 3rd world crap hole, i say let them go..........move all the US Govt operations out (NASA Hunstville etc) and let that crap heap fester on it's own 

I have little doubt Alabama will vote for a pedophile ...........all because he's a "godly man" - Jesus said unto thee: "bring me your daughters"  - These fvcking evangelical dildo's are a clueless bunch of door knobs 

8 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

You vastly under-estimate the number of racists, Klansmen and Nazi's that inhabit the party you align with - you might like the GOP based on some skewed economic thinking, but you also need to recognize the rest of the party 

Populism has worked in the past ..............for Hitler & Mussolini in the 1930's for other authoritarian figures since then - One reason the GOP has wrapped them selves in the flag and thinks they are the party of true patriots - It has a tribal appeal and can move masses 

Skewed economic thinking?  I'm right dammit.

Racism and your party's lack of tolerance leads to very similar results in how we treat each other as human beings.  Neither side can claim love and charity towards our fellow human beings.

3 minutes ago, aztech said:

It had to be tweaked, both parties knew this.  So which is smarter, improve the law or get rid of it? 

Which is easier to accomplish?  The Dems didn't even include the GOP in enacting it, because it was easier not to.  Same game today.  It's proving easier for the GOP just to let it crash and burn.  Neither worked out well for you and me.  Our elected usually take the easy way, not the smartest way.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Skewed economic thinking?  I'm right dammit.

Racism and your party's lack of tolerance leads to very similar results in how we treat each other as human beings.  Neither side can claim love and charity towards are fellow human beings.

Economics is always debatable and there are grey areas that overlap.

As far as the parties go, yes the democratic party was the old party of the south and held onto racist traits from the 1830's to the 1960's..........but since then anyone with eyes can see the coin has flipped - the civil rights debates and the "Nixon Strategy" flipped the old racists over to the republican party and there it's stayed since 1986/70. 

Sure there are bad elements in all parties on an individual basis, but in 2017 there is only one party with candidates that openly race bait and embrace hate groups to maintain their standing with the GOP base.

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Which is easier to accomplish?  The Dems didn't even include the GOP in enacting it, because it was easier not to.  Same game today.  It's proving easier for the GOP just to let it crash and burn.  Neither worked out well for you and me.  Our elected usually take the easy way, not the smartest way.

This is mostly fact