Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokerider

Democrats don't even want to talk about Tax Bill

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I'm thinking some in tight upcoming elections will flip if they know the tax bill is going to pass.

The tax bill is unpopular. It will really be unpopular once these people realize that their taxes are going up.

19 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Insurance pools are already collapsing and insurers have been pulling out for years now.  Math doesn't work.  I told you that when ACA was adopted but you wouldn't listen.

No, this is an old school leveraged buyout.  Load up the company with debt and give IOUs to the pension and health plan and tell the rubes workers you are on their side. Then skip out in the middle of the night with anything with any value and sell it on the open market as the the company is worth more dead than alive.  Leave the idiots employees who own the company with a mountain of debt while you skip town.

The idiot Republican rubes will probably blame the bankruptcy on the blacks and just say "Atlas Shrugged."

Posted Image

GOP tax plan has become an accounting lie told to American taxpayers

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/20/gop-tax-plan-has-become-an-accounting-lie-told-to-american-taxpayers/

When we endorsed the GOP tax reform plan two weeks ago, we had the basic expectation that Republicans would be intellectually honest in their pursuit of a lower corporate tax rate and a more fair individual tax code.

Sadly, we assumed too much.

Instead of making the hard decisions when looking to make the proposed tax overhaul feasible under federal budget needs, Republicans turned to a tried-and-true legislative gimmick — the sunset provision.

Unable to keep their tax giveaway within the massive limits of $1.4 trillion over a decade, Republicans amended the House plan to make many of the proposed reductions in individual tax rates temporary.The result is that while in calendar year 2019 Americans would pay on average 7.4 percent less on their federal income taxes, by 2027 all of that net benefit would be eliminated. Worse, because the policies Republicans targeted to phase out are those that benefit lower-income Americans more, the increase would be borne on the backs of the poor.

According to the Joint Committee on Taxation, in 2027, Americans making between $20,000 and $30,000 would see an unacceptable 25 percent increase over what they pay today in taxes. Those making over $1 million a year would see the greatest benefit, a 0.7 percent decrease.

Whether or not Republicans plan to “fix” that significant injustice in the next 10 years is irrelevant. Americans must demand a tax plan that works on day one — and sadly neither the House nor Senate plan meets that minimum standard at this point.

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Well, isn't that just great! Don't bother with your excuses. This bill sucks. It will raise the deficit, drive up the price of the health insurance market, and in all likelihood my taxes will go up because I live in a state that actually doesn't suck. You might get all excited because you will pretend that this will unleash massive growth, which is laughably used as the way that this bill will be revenue neutral, but that is a ridiculous premise based on a fairy tale.

You crying about taxes going up and benefits going down?  You sound like the one pretending

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

No, this is an old school leveraged buyout.  Load up the company with debt and give IOUs to the pension and health plan and tell the rubes workers you are on their side. Then skip out in the middle of the night with anything with any value and sell it on the open market as the the company is worth more dead than alive.  Leave the idiots who own the company with a mountain of debt while you skip town.

The idiot Republican rubes will probably blame the bankruptcy on the blacks and just say "Atlas Shrugged."

It was your party's plan and now you want to blame on the GOP.  I told you year's ago that the math didn't work.  You didn't listen.

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

It was your party's plan and now you want to blame on the GOP.  I told you year's ago that the math didn't work.  You didn't listen.

I love the ACA...it is working really well!  Most people love it too now!  It is too bad we have an inept, corrupt, lying party in charge of the government.  Our whole system is in the midst of collapse when you have such evil folks in charge.

Posted Image

GOP doesn't like an educated populace, otherwise they would lose voters........so attack higher education, because universities are full of "liberal elites" !! 

GOP tax plan rattles higher education
The proposal reflects a growing sense of colleges, universities as bastions of privilege.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/28/gop-tax-plan-higher-education-263538

Congressional Republicans’ plans to slap unprecedented new taxes on higher education have left college leaders shocked and scrambling — the latest salvo in what some observers say is a growing culture war on a higher education system seen as elitist and out of touch.

While most college leaders said they don’t believe they were targeted directly in tax reform legislation — and are rather collateral damage — they say the hit was startling, as higher education has long enjoyed bipartisan support. Higher education also is a powerful lobbying force on the Hill.

“I don’t think anybody expected this,” Tulane President Mike Fitts said. “I don’t think a month-and-a-half ago anybody expected this many and this level of changes in the support for higher education in the United States.”

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

How many times did the GOP work to fix the ACA problems? 0

How many votes did the GOP House take to repeal the ACA? 25+

Yeah, your party did a bang up job !! 

Just now, pokebball said:

You crying about taxes going up and benefits going down?  You sound like the one pretending

Pretending what? My taxes really are going to go up, which wouldn't bother me if there was a good reason for it. I don't use government benefits, but I understand the purpose of them. This bill is the same old same old from your side. You'll cut taxes, the growth won't come anywhere near what is being projected (and might even shrink growth, because taxes will increase in many of the blue states that drive the economy), and then you'll start crying about the deficit again. ... Conveniently when the Democrats are back into office. 

In other words, business as usual.

10 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The ACA has issues, but it is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. I was in the market for two years. Unsubsidized, but still in the market. It wasn't perfect, but it worked fairly well. There are horror stories, too. It's almost as if people pick and choose the evidence to support their preconceived notions. 

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

Pretending what? My taxes really are going to go up, which wouldn't bother me if there was a good reason for it. I don't use government benefits, but I understand the purpose of them. This bill is the same old same old from your side. You'll cut taxes, the growth won't come anywhere near what is being projected (and might even shrink growth, because taxes will increase in many of the blue states that drive the economy), and then you'll start crying about the deficit again. ... Conveniently when the Democrats are back into office. 

Yeah...what a hypocrite scumbag Paul Ryan is.  Typical GOP right-winger.  

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

How many times did the GOP work to fix the ACA problems? 0

How many votes did the GOP House take to repeal the ACA? 25+

Yeah, your party did a bang up job !! 

I'm so done with it all. The conversation is so old and played. 

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I'm so done with it all. The conversation is so old and played. 

Tend to agree............but the GOP is selling this tax package with lies and they are also hindering aspects of the ACA so that it fails and are blaming democrats - it's like truth and reality have no place in republican politics anymore.

Call this the Trump effect on US politics going forward..........truth & facts are dismissed and replaced with lies, propaganda and alternate reality - Trumps Campaign lady KellyAnn Conway said it a year ago, they have alternative facts that creates their alternative reality !

Sara Huckabee gets up before reporters every day and lies her fat ass off due to this 

17 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

GOP doesn't like an educated populace, otherwise they would lose voters........so attack higher education, because universities are full of "liberal elites" !! 

GOP tax plan rattles higher education
The proposal reflects a growing sense of colleges, universities as bastions of privilege.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/28/gop-tax-plan-higher-education-263538

Congressional Republicans’ plans to slap unprecedented new taxes on higher education have left college leaders shocked and scrambling — the latest salvo in what some observers say is a growing culture war on a higher education system seen as elitist and out of touch.

While most college leaders said they don’t believe they were targeted directly in tax reform legislation — and are rather collateral damage — they say the hit was startling, as higher education has long enjoyed bipartisan support. Higher education also is a powerful lobbying force on the Hill.

“I don’t think anybody expected this,” Tulane President Mike Fitts said. “I don’t think a month-and-a-half ago anybody expected this many and this level of changes in the support for higher education in the United States.”

Oh yeah. The national version of the GOP is horrendous (the Dems aren't much better, either) but they're not dumb (unlike the Dems). They're going after everything they deem left. tax hikes on the middle class in blue states ... check. Tax hikes on education ... check. Health care roll backs ... check. Media in general ... check.

This will all be celebrated by the red states I'm sure, and we'll get one big round of "Well, I don't really like Trump, but I support GOP policy..."

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Tend to agree............but the GOP is selling this tax package with lies and they are also hindering aspects of the ACA so that it fails and are blaming democrats - it's like truth and reality have no place in republican politics anymore.

Call this the Trump effect on US politics going forward..........truth & facts are dismissed and replaced with lies, propaganda and alternate reality - Trumps Campaign lady KellyAnn Conway said it a year ago, they have alternative facts that creates their alternative reality !

Sara Huckabee gets up before reporters every day and lies her fat ass off due to this 

They have their own media and they have so thoroughly undermined legitimate journalism, that they can tell whatever story they want and it will be believed. 

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

Oh yeah. The national version of the GOP is horrendous (the Dems aren't much better, either) but they're not dumb (unlike the Dems). They're going after everything they deem left. tax hikes on the middle class in blue states ... check. Tax hikes on education ... check. Health care roll backs ... check. Media in general ... check.

This will all be celebrated by the red states I'm sure, and one big round of "Well, I don't really like Trump, but I support GOP policy..." 

Things have always been obfuscated in politics...........that's been going on since the first tribal council in 6000 BC..............but what we are witnessing under Trump is a full blown change in direction, where media is deemed false & only partisan propaganda can be trusted - When media falls, there's a good chance the republic falls soon after. 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Things have always been obfuscated in politics...........that's been going on since the first tribal council in 6000 BC..............but what we are witnessing under Trump is a full blown change in direction, where media is deemed false & only partisan propaganda can be trusted - When media falls, there's a good chance the republic falls soon after. 

This is indeed the truth. Trump is an escalator, not the originator, though. The right's undermining of legitimate journalism is decades old now. And there is no way to unring that bell.

Just now, NVGiant said:

They have their own media and they have so thoroughly undermined legitimate journalism, that they can tell whatever story they want and it will be believed. 

Trump admits that Fox News (GOP state media) is the only outlet to trust, then it's Breitbart & InfoWars - all others are fake news ................sad thing is a solid % of Americans actually believe this crap.

And yes, MSNBC has their lefties (get that in for equal time!) 

Just now, NVGiant said:

This is indeed the truth. Trump is an escalator, not the originator, though. The right's undermining of legitimate journalism is decades old now. And there is no way to unring that bell.

Started with Nixon who had Roger Ailes as an adviser..................Murdoch picked up Ailes and created Fox News in early 1990's...........from that point on the rise of right wing radio took off and after 30+ years of constant radio & Fox News propaganda people start to buy into their alternate reality 

The list of right wing talkers on radio is vast nationally & locally vs the few left wing talkers who are on very few stations.............now we have Sinclair Broadcasting buying up locals news stations and mandating that these Boris Epshtyn spots run in their local TV markets

27 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

There is absolutely no way reducing the corp tax rate shrinks growth.  Think about what you're saying.