Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

Ruh Roh...

10 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Ummm, the blue can freeze up just fine.  Trust me.

That was the worst I've ever seen. I'm not sure what happened. It's been colder than that and there wasn't anywhere near the issues that Potato Bowl had.

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

La Tech never won a game in Boise (against Boise State or in a bowl game, at least not at the D1 level).  I don't remember any game where it was particularly close either.

In the WAC days the players would come out shirtless in 30 degree weather for initimidation and we’d always come out flat. They always played us better at home than anyone else.

15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Ummm, the blue can freeze up just fine.  Trust me.

Projected high of 47, low of 32. Guessing about 44 at kickoff, 38 by the end of the game, plus rain. Frozen field, while it can happen, won't this Saturday. The shaded parts of War Memorial were like an ice skating rink when we played there. The ball also won't be rock hard as it was in Laramie...Boise is also 5,000 feet lower.

Weather won't be a factor in this game for either squad...it's all about coaching decisions, execution and taking care of the football. The team that does the best job with those 3 will win the game. If the Broncos "shock and awe," us to victory, I will tip my cap to them. But I don't think that's going to happen.

16 hours ago, Spot50B said:

La Tech never won a game in Boise (against Boise State or in a bowl game, at least not at the D1 level).  I don't remember any game where it was particularly close either.

I remember them being a fairly tough out for us. May not have been reflected in the final score, but they had some SEC caliber players on their teams almost every year, and very big, tough dudes in the trenches. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

21 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

In the WAC days the players would come out shirtless in 30 degree weather for initimidation and we’d always come out flat. They always played us better at home than anyone else.

Which games are you referring to?

2002  BSU 36 La Tech 10

2004  BSU 55 La Tech 14

2006  BSU 55 La Tech 14

2008  BSU 38 La Tech   3

2010 BSU 49 La Tech 20

Many of the games in Ruston were close (La Tech won the game in 2001 and took home the conference championship).  None of the games in Boise were even a contest and I was there for every one of them.  The 2002 and 2004 games were in November.  They could have been somewhat cold but nothing sticks out about these games in my mind.