Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

Ruh Roh...

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

He’s playing as well. But the guy has been a walking injury for 4 years so I’m not expecting much. 

figured...IIRC Mattison looked dinged up in the neck/shoulder area late in the game.

3 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

How’s the white guy DL? Looks like he either blew his knee or tweaked it when he tried to change direction quickly.

Madsen? He's done.  It's a depth hit but Kevin Atkins supposedly unofficially took the starting job from him two weeks ago according to our play by play guy.  I hadn't noticed either way, we do so much DL rotating. Moves Iakopo into that backup slot.

Real shame though, great player and a great leader...he's been around since the highs of Derek Carr (as a redshirt).

As long as 97 and 90 are healthy, we should be good to go. 93 Jasad Haynes has also shown he's good enough to start...depending on the package we can kick 97 out to Madsen's spot with no drop off. Losing Madsen hurts no doubt, but he's really only the 2nd serious injury we've had all year.

Showers predicted Saturday evening...could be a low scoring affair.

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Broken wrist, he's gone.

Sad for Gabe Perez.  In 2013 he was a better true freshman defensive end than Kamalei Correa.  Correa then beat out a beat up Perez for the starting job in 2014 and left for the NFL after his junior 2015 season.  Perez meanwhile hasn't recorded a sack since November of 2014 and now his career is over after missing most of the previous two seasons.  

6 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Harsin will pull out all the stops.  If Roh can walk without the boot i bet he plays.

The thing that makes Roh great is his quickness (not gonna have much of  that with an ankle injury).  I think we will see mostly Bates in his place ( @kingpotato thinks he's the next star at BSU, so I'll take his word for it).  Dhaenens needs to see the same witch doctor that Modster went to to get his hands fixed.

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

Weather going to be mid/upper 30’s with a chance of rain. People make a big deal out of cold weather but LA Tech used to come up here and play well. Aztecs beat us in the cold 4/5 years ago.

We survived Laramie, and the footing won't be as tenuous because half the field won't be frozen. It will affect both teams. This game will come down to coaching decisions and turnovers (or lack thereof). Should be a fun one.

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Weather going to be mid/upper 30’s with a chance of rain. People make a big deal out of cold weather but LA Tech used to come up here and play well. Aztecs beat us in the cold 4/5 years ago.

La Tech never won a game in Boise (against Boise State or in a bowl game, at least not at the D1 level).  I don't remember any game where it was particularly close either.

2 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

We survived Laramie, and the footing won't be as tenuous because half the field won't be frozen. It will affect both teams. This game will come down to coaching decisions and turnovers (or lack thereof). Should be a fun one.

Ummm, the blue can freeze up just fine.  Trust me.

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The thing that makes Roh great is his quickness (not gonna have much of  that with an ankle injury).  I think we will see mostly Bates in his place ( @kingpotato thinks he's the next star at BSU, so I'll take his word for it).  Dhaenens needs to see the same witch doctor that Modster went to to get his hands fixed.

I have a soft spot for Dhaenens because we were both doing our rehab at ISMI at the same time. He's a good dude, but he is more of a blocker than a reciever. 

Most of Boise's better TEs have really been oversized WRs (like Roh). I think the last complete TE would have been Shuman and even he was only 6'2" and barely 240#. Bates was a fast recieving lanky TE prospect. Surprisingly he gained 45 pounds his redshirt year. Now at 6'6" and 253# he likley has more upside than any TE I can remember since Jeb Putzier (who never learned how to be a good blocker). He did have two completions against Fresno playing behind Dhaenens with Roh's absence.