Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

JMU vs NDSU - FCS Championship Game

4 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Actually, Nebraska has seven public 4-year universities/colleges.  It's just that UNL being the oldest and largest is the clear flagship for the state.

If one were to have established South Dakota's primary universities in the modern era yes I agree one in the east (Sioux Falls) and one in the west (Rapid City) would be more ideal.  That said both USD and SDSU were established in the east before South Dakota statehood and at a time when all of present day South Dakota west of the Missouri river was part of the Great Sioux Reservation.  The Black Hills might still be part of a larger Sioux reservation today had it not been for the gold rush which initiated the demise of the Great Sioux Reservation and the subsequent rise of settlements such as Rapid City.  Rapid City did get it's university though as the SDSM&T was established shortly after the gold rush to support the growing mining indistry in the Black Hills.

Kearney, Chadron, and Omaha were added to the Nebraska system fairly recently though right?  Maybe not Omaha, but Chadron and Kearney in the 70s or 80s?  Or am I mistaken?

1 minute ago, Wyobraska said:

Kearney, Chadron, and Omaha were added to the Nebraska system fairly recently though right?  Maybe not Omaha, but Chadron and Kearney in the 70s or 80s?  Or am I mistaken?

I'm pretty sure they were all founded around the turn of the century.

7 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I'm pretty sure they were all founded around the turn of the century.

I was thinking of when they got changed from the Nebraska State College System to the University Nebraska system.  Nevermind.  Still, UNL being the majority flagship has huge implications.  Kids go to those other schools but they are Husker fans for the most part and none of the other schools play football at the FBS level.  Omaha's move up to D1 for basketball will be interesting to see what that does with basketball, along with Creighton.  

Semifinal matchups are set pairing #6 SHSU vs #2 NDSU next Friday and #5 SDSU vs #1 JMU next Saturday.  Hope for an all Dakota final is still alive with both NDSU and SDSU posting lopsided wins this weekend.

5a2cfbc5e19bf_FCSbracket.thumb.png.8e67adee22b8f0eda08b9f0374e769b8.png

2 hours ago, Bob said:

No other people irrationally and erroneously love their state more than North Dakotans. For this reason alone, I hope they lose. 

Have you ever been to Texas or met a Texan?  Just sayin.

On 12/11/2017 at 6:06 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

Yes, but that's not irrational or erroneous love for Texas. It's based on fact.

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

Here's how I see it, it's fun to see the fan support for NDSU, they showed them tailgating outside in crappy weather, the whole city is rabid. It would be great if Moscow fans develops the same culture for the Vandals over time. It could be tough taking a step in their eyes backward from FBS, but it is what it is, embrace it and dominate the FCS, make the Kibbie Dome an FCS horror show for visitors.

14 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

NDSU showing why their the class of FCS these last 7 years. #1 offense getting stymied by the #1 defense. 21-3 end of the 1st.

NDSU is damn good on any field but they are unreal in the Fargodome and especially so in the playoffs.  As I type this another Bison INT.  I'm just glad that if SDSU can make it past JMU they won't have to play the Bison in Fargo although NDSU has basically turned the field in Frisco into their defacto homefield.

On 12/11/2017 at 6:06 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

As a Texan, I can say truly that all you plebs live in a shit hole....Boise is cool though.  That is all.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

11 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

yeah, NDSU is winning it again this year.  Just +++++ing pulverizing SHSU

SHSU fans have to just +++++ing hate NDSU.  NDSU has ended their season something like 3 out of the last 4 years including 2 title games.  

3 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

SHSU fans have to just +++++ing hate NDSU.  NDSU has ended their season something like 3 out of the last 4 years including 2 title games.  

At this point every FCS team hates NDSU but your point is well taken.