Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

2017-2018 coaching carousel

Jonathan Smith reportedly the next Oregon State coach.

University of Washington OC from 2014-present.

Boise State QB coach 2012-2013 under Petersen.

OC/QB coach at Montana 2010-2011.

Idaho QB coach 2004-2009.

Played at Oregon State (walk-on) under Mike Riley (1998-2001) and started all four years at QB, led the Beavers to a #4 ranking and Fiesta Bowl win in 2000.

Breaking News... Utep's Time Floyd retires tonight after loss to lamar...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21592659/utep-men-basketball-coach-tim-floyd-retires

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

as a general observation: man, the system really is eating itself.  G5 coaches are getting the call from p5 schools earlier and earlier, coordinators too.   A coach that isn't quite seasoned yet gets hired, fired in 4 years, and suddenly a school is paying 3 coaches at once.   Florida owes what, 20 million to 3 coaches right now? This doesn't seem sustainable. 

18 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I read that the ASU AD was Edwards agent when Herm was coaching in the league.  If I was associated with ASU I would be livid.  

Herm is a good coach.  I'm sure he will do better than the last few they have had.

3 hours ago, masterfrog said:

Herm is a good coach.  I'm sure he will do better than the last few they have had.

They should have just kept Graham if they go this route.  Herm was never a good Xs and Os coach and will work with the current coordinators, so he will have quickly learn how to mesh with them.  Staffs put together by the AD rarely work out.  

His schtick will get old quick with 18-21 year olds.  Best case scenario is probably Lovie Smith,which isn't going so well at IL.  Herm hasn't coached in roughly 10 years and even further back in college.  This will cost the AD his job ,as it should, in a few years.