Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Southern Utah at UNLV

Video  

Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs UNLV Runnin' Rebels

11/25/17: UNLV Runnin' Rebel Basketball looks to stay undefeated as they host Southern Utah Athletics in Mountain West Conference action.

Posted by Live: Stadium College Basketball on Saturday, November 25, 2017

We played hard for 4 minutes and opened it up. That should have been the first 4 minutes, not the last.

11 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

They changed it to 70? Didn't it used to be 100? Wow, talk about dropping standards. Damn, can we blame that on Dave Rice, too? 

I thought it was 70, but I could be wrong. If it is 70, I wouldn't be surprised if that change came under Kruger. It would take Kruger all week to score 100.

Well, wasn't that special. Trap game is right. Plenty to learn about themselves and what the season will really be like. Early and easy success is a trap unto itself. 

They tried to phone it in tonight and it almost backfired. Attitude is everything when it comes to having a special season. If they develop the proper attitude  it could come together in a big way for this group. If they can't tune out to the noises from the outside world though they could also be a victim of their own early success. Next week will tell a big part of that story. We all see...

On another note, good crowd at the T&M tonight.

Jordan Johnson is amazing.

24 and 14. Dude is a floor general for sure.

Juice was back into attack mode. Coulda went for 20 and 20, but had some missed bunnies.

SUU played their super bowl. They were hungry and wanted this bad. 

Rebs put the throttle on last 5 mins.

It was weird..the game was kinda close but I was never in doubt like I was in the past. I just knew they'd pull away eventually and win with "ease

This team is hella fun. Was nice to see a bigger crowd too...that Arizona game is the game changer...regardless of what their rank is right Now.  It's still Zona and they're still national championship talent.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

42 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Well, wasn't that special. Trap game is right. Plenty to learn about themselves and what the season will really be like. Early and easy success is a trap unto itself. 

They tried to phone it in tonight and it almost backfired. Attitude is everything when it comes to having a special season. If they develop the proper attitude  it could come together in a big way for this group. If they can't tune out to the noises from the outside world though they could also be a victim of their own early success. Next week will tell a big part of that story. We all see...

On another note, good crowd at the T&M tonight.

It was a loud crowd but very sparse. 

9 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

More people tonight that any other game this season.

16 minutes ago, mundyc3 said:

It was a loud crowd but very sparse. 

Crowds are getting better but the last 2 years really did some damage, didn't they? 

That and the Golden Knights being all shiny new and pretty good to boot.

That being said I think the crowd tonight would have been a little bigger had it not been Thanksgiving weekend.

I think win or lose at Northern Iowa we'll see a respectably sized crowd at the AZ game, and if we win that attendance will be doing much better moving forward.

The word needs to get out that the team is fun again. People are missing out. We've got legitimate Runnin' Rebel basketball here. 

9 hours ago, toonkee said:

Crowds are getting better but the last 2 years really did some damage, didn't they? 

That and the Golden Knights being all shiny new and pretty good to boot.

That being said I think the crowd tonight would have been a little bigger had it not been Thanksgiving weekend.

I think win or lose at Northern Iowa we'll see a respectably sized crowd at the AZ game, and if we win that attendance will be doing much better moving forward.

The word needs to get out that the team is fun again. People are missing out. We've got legitimate Runnin' Rebel basketball here. 

Word is getting out there slowly. I know quite a few casual fans that never go to games, but most will be at Arizona. 

When this team wins people come out.

Would be nice for Rebel Extra to get a sponsor. It's the only reason it's not on post game right now.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Word is getting out there slowly. I know quite a few casual fans that never go to games, but most will be at Arizona. 

Would be nice for Rebel Extra to get a sponsor. It's the only reason it's not on post game right now.

I will be calling into Rebel Extra when it’s on.  I called in after two games last year.

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Yea I'm hoping to drag my parents out to games once I'm back home after the semester. We use to go all the time but Riceball and HS basketball my last two years of high school was basically the end of that.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Guest RoscoesDad
27 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Silly looking court.

It would look better of they changed the color scheme and made either they key or the skyline pop a bit more.  I dont know why but those orange stripes on our unis is really bothering me.  Like really bothering me.  I want the pantone#