Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah vs UNLV at T-Mobile Arena

3 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

I don't think it is alcohol. I think it is just stupidity.

It's some disconnect from reality - Alcohol.........Cocaine..............Meth............glue..............Reno water.........:shrug:

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

It's some disconnect from reality - Alcohol.........Cocaine..............Meth............glue..............Reno water.........:shrug:

All joking and smack talk aside Reno tap water is really good. 

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV fans talking about disconnect from reality says the team ranked 99th in KenPom picked to finish 6th in the conference an not making the tournament in 29 years. 

Let's take this slow rebel fans as your big brother these moments happen stay humble 

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

All joking and smack talk aside Reno tap water is really good. 

True - I grew up in Reno Sparks........Truckee River water is soft and cold.............much better than LV / Lake Mead water

7 minutes ago, fbpack said:

UNLV fans talking about disconnect from reality says the team ranked 99th in KenPom picked to finish 6th in the conference an not making the tournament in 29 years. 

Let's take this slow rebel fans as your big brother these moments happen stay humble 

giphy.gif

Who hasn't made the tournament in 29 years?

It's late, but a few observations after my second trip to T-Mobile:

"Krystal-Whack" had a game plan that involved body-ing up and flopping on Juiston and McCoy from they time Utah got off the team bus.  It kind of worked on Juiston, but McCoy was completely unphased and unimpressed by anything Collette or (Jenson?) tried to do - McCoy is so solid on fundamentals of post-up defense.  His two fouls in the first half were when they sent a guard straight at him and a cheap one on the perimeter on offense.

If this was 1997 then I would believe that Brandon McCoy could become "UNLV's Tim Duncan" but he's not going to be here four years... so enjoy watching him while he's here.

Jordan Johnson really keeps things flowing.  Coming in to the season I was expecting a "Mark Wade" (all assists, no scoring) but he's ready to score if the team needs it... and drive right into the thick of things then dish or shoot.

Tervel Beck... is everything that Savon Goodman had the potential to be, but is much less foul prone.  Dembele will probably be Menzies' first 4-year player, hopefully Beck, Amauri, and "M-Blocke" follow.  That will bring some stability to the program.

This game might bring the "band-wagoners" back to the T&M... I hope so.  The 4000 or so UNLV fans at T-Mobile tonight were the true-believers.

As for the venue... T-Mobile belongs to the PAC-12, and for me will be a constant reminder of how bush league we (MWC) are.  Monday I parked at NY/NY ($20 event parking) and tonight at Monte Carlo ($8) with about the same walk and traffic out. 

13 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

What is going to hurt more?

A- losing the cannon on Saturday,

B- getting swept in basketball,

C- realizing you're stuck in Reno.

You realize what your saying right? Your saying that Nevada won the cannon last year an swept you guys in basketball !!!

2 minutes ago, fbpack said:

You realize what your saying right? Your saying that Nevada won the cannon last year an swept you guys in basketball !!!

That is not what I'm saying, but I am at least smart enough to acknowledge objectively verifiable facts. Enjoy it while it lasts, you'll get put back in you place as UNLV's lil bitch soon enough.

5 hours ago, fbpack said:

I didn't see that from Utah??? Utah looked awful

UNLV made them look awful. That's what good teams do, they take a good team out of their game and force them to play your style of ball. Utah may not be an elite PAC 12 team, but they are a good PAC 12 team who beat Ole Miss and Missouri.