Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah vs UNLV at T-Mobile Arena

2 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Utah is ranked 80th in experience bud.

They beat to top 100 teams prior to this game and easily.

They start 3 seniors and a junior. Majority of their mins are from upperclassman and they have a stud freshman.

If that aint experience I dunno what is.

Collette used to shit on this conference like what? 2 years ago?

KenPom rankings, RPI rankings... don't mean sh!t in November. Missouri barely got by D2 juggernaut Emporia State by 5 on Monday. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

3 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

KenPom rankings, RPI rankings... don't mean sh!t in November. Missouri barely got by D2 juggernaut Emporia State by 5 on Monday. 

Dude, your boys lost to Weber State and Portland State. Run along and let the big boys talk hoops.

10 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

UNR has shown they are a top 20 team? How? Squeaking out a win against a good, but not great, Providence team at home? UNLV just throttled a good, but not great, team on a neutral court to continue its run of dominating its opponents. We're winning games by 30 points. Get the phuck outta here with this "UNLV is in the same class as UNR" bullshit. Maybe if Muss grows into his big boy pants you guys can keep up with us.

Were the defending MWC champs and currently ranked 27th in the ap ballot. I watched the game Utah is not good it's the same thing as us destroying Oregon st last year by 40. 

1 minute ago, aggzilla said:

Youre the one spouting off that Utah has no experience...yet they do.

Utah has finished in top 50 the last 4 seasons in a row under Krys. This is a damn good win.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

4 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Major coaching difference between Menzies & Rice - this is what is making the difference so far 

In Menzies I trust 

Still don't know if Menzies is all that in game. I have owned a few dogs who coached better than Rice, but we've had a couple grand wizards on the bench in Tark and Kruger. My guess in Menzies is somewhere in between. 

Right now I'd say he's solid. Don't know that he is good quite yet.

1 minute ago, HoosierRebel said:

Dude, your boys lost to Weber State and Portland State. Run along and let the big boys talk hoops.

HA ! USU might want to consider joining the Cache Valley Rec League - That program is following the path of the Titanic = sinking fast into oblivion 

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Youre the one spouting off that Utah has no experience...yet they do.

Utah has finished in top 50 the last 4 seasons in a row under Krys. This is a damn good win.

Did you watch that game ??? Utah is trash 

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He will deserve it. Hopefully Vegas will rally around this squad soon. With a rabid homecourt they are gonna be tough.

I believe the town will.  Tonight was an exorcism of the Dave Rice years.  Felt real good in the building tonight. Like a homecoming.  

3 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Were the defending MWC champs and currently ranked 27th in the ap ballot. I watched the game Utah is not good it's the same thing as us destroying Oregon st last year by 40. 

Good for you. You were good last year. It's a new year and you haven't done anything so far to earn any respect. 

Just now, fbpack said:

Did you watch that game ??? Utah is trash 

Yeah UNLV made a lot of teams this year look like trash.

Davidson and Rhode Island are below average defensive teams with over inflated preseason numbers.

I'll be impressed when I see you play some big boys. Until then. Light work.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Still don't know if Menzies is all that in game. I have owned a few dogs who coached better than Rice, but we've had a couple grand wizards on the bench in Tark and Kruger. My guess in Menzies is somewhere in between. 

was tark a big x's and o's guy?

seems menzies is definitely more of a leader than pure basketball mind. the x's and o's isn't all that important if you at least understand your strengths and weaknesses as a coach. you can get the basketball minds on the team but if you can't lead a group of young men, no amount of perfect plays are going to make a difference 

Just now, SharkTanked said:

I think Menzies is the equal of some pretty good coaches - granted this gig at UNLV might give him some "bonus" just because he can recruit here like he couldn't at NMSU..........Tark had his style & talent which overshadowed his defensive schemes IMO.............Kruger got a lot out of lesser rated recruits ...........Menzies seems closer to Kruger right now, but could end up more like Tark (ish) if he can land top end recruits 

Tark is the GOLD standard at UNLV...........Kruger is a step below.................Menzies has potential to get in the top 3 pretty fast if recruiting takes off.............then it comes down to results 

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Yeah UNLV made a lot of teams this year look like trash.

Davidson and Rhode Island are below average defensive teams with over inflated preseason numbers.

I'll be impressed when I see you play some big boys. Until then. Light work.

Rivalry smack talk! 

1 minute ago, TK_05 said:

was tark a big x's and o's guy?

seems menzies is definitely more of a leader than pure basketball mind. the x's and o's isn't all that important if you at least understand your strengths and weaknesses as a coach. you can get the basketball minds on the team but if you can't lead a group of young men, no amount of perfect plays are going to make a difference 

Tark wasn't an X's and O's genius but his staff was. Grg was a Jedi master.

And Tark was an expert at leading young men, as you describe.