Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KajunPoke

Wyoming B-Ball - could be a step up from last year.

Pokes are 4-0 so far with only one win at home and 3 on the road.  Beat Oregon State and have won two games in the Cayman Islands Classic (SDSU and ULL) we will get a clue if they are for real tomorrow night when they play a top 25 team - Cincinnati most likely in the title game.   Might be an interesting year. 

All we know for sure right now is that Wyoming is at least "okay" and isn't bad.  Full credit for beating teams on the road but they all were bad teams. Like you said, we'll know more tomorrow most likely. Go Pokes.

Impressive, just wait till Josh Allen returns from his injury, you guys should be unbeatable.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

42 minutes ago, toonkee said:

All we know for sure right now is that Wyoming is at least "okay" and isn't bad.  Full credit for beating teams on the road but they all were bad teams. Like you said, we'll know more tomorrow most likely. Go Pokes.

A little early to make that determination.  We will see how the Pokes do against Cincinnati tomorrow (they are currently putting a whoopin' on Richmond).

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Kind of like we know UNLV "...is at least 'okay' and isn't bad." <_<

http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/unlv-m-baskbl-sched.html

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

You know they were bad teams already? I'm not saying they were world beaters but bad?

Chattanooga: Picked by a lot of people to win the Southern Conference. Not a great conference but will probably be dancing this year. Won 29 games last year and returned 4 starters.

South Dakota State: Most people have picked them to win the Summit League. I realize the Summit League is small potatoes but they will MORE than likely be dancing this year. 

Louisiana-Lafayette: Picked by most to finish 2nd or 3rd in their conference (Sun Belt). I know that isn't saying much but we aren't talking about a win over a 285-300 ranked team, so I don't think I'd classify them as bad

While the conferences they play in overall aren't great, I would hardly classify these teams as "bad". They should all be 20 win teams this year and a couple should make the dance through their conf. tourney. 

With that said, we'll have a great test of where this Wyoming team is tomorrow when they play #12 Cincinnati

tetons1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

We also beat Oregon State in Corvallis and have exactly one game, and win, in Laramie.

Rebels don't even leave Las Vegas to play until next week...

Forgot that one ....on the road. They are a middle of the road Pac12 team this year I think, but on the road that is a decent win.

tetons1.jpg

7 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

Forgot that one ....on the road. They are a middle of the road Pac12 team this year I think, but on the road that is a decent win.

Considering the struggles the Nance and Adams teams had in getting road wins, that could be a significant marker in progress...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes