Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Feeling Really Good about UNLV Basketball

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I want the conference to be good, but I’m realistic.  We will not be good again until New Mexico, San Diego State, and UNLV are back.  To my knowledge, we’ve never sent multiple teams to the tournament without at least one of the three going.

This is completely untrue. In 2003, 2004, and 2009 the MW received 3, 3, and 2 bids without SDSU, UNLV, and UNM. Of course this is completely ignoring the fact that the old WAC was typically a 2-bid league with Nevada and Utah State leading the way. 

The fact is that Nevada has had more success in the tournament than everyone except SDSU since the inception of this conference.

But yes, I hope very much that UNLV is for real this year and the MW can get back to being a multi bid league. You've certainly looked good to begin the year. 

Just now, ph90702 said:

I can’t see it since I’m on my iPhone.

it's been what's it's always been since 2015. Although i'm thinking about changing it....

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

1 minute ago, bigd said:

This is completely untrue. In 2003, 2004, and 2009 the MW received 3, 3, and 2 bids without SDSU, UNLV, and UNM. Of course this is completely ignoring the fact that the old WAC was typically a 2-bid league with Nevada and Utah State leading the way. 

The fact is that Nevada has had more success in the tournament than everyone except SDSU since the inception of this conference.

But yes, I hope very much that UNLV is for real this year and the MW can get back to being a multi bid league. You've certainly looked good to begin the year. 

BYU and Utah were all of those tho. Both consistently stayed at the top.

That being said this conference has a chance to be good. Reno and Boise have stepped up since their time here. SDSU is still up there until proven otherwise under Dutch.

UNLV looks to be on the way up and hopefully UNM turns it around soon.

We won't be down forever as a conference. Too many programs with potential.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

BYU and Utah were all of those tho. Both consistently stayed at the top.

That being said this conference has a chance to be good. Reno and Boise have stepped up since their time here. SDSU is still up there until proven otherwise under Dutch.

UNLV looks to be on the way up and hopefully UNM turns it around soon.

We won't be down forever as a conference. Too many programs with potential.

Agreed the conference definitely seems to be looking up after 2 sad seasons. Hopefully we can get back to two bids this year, and then I only see us improving after this. 

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I will be able to claim it if it happens.

That's the dumbest thing ever.

Everyone and their mother (Who has actually watched the last 3 games.) knows this team has potential and talent.

Claiming something early without any substance doesn't make you a genius. lmao

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

55 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

That's the dumbest thing ever.

Everyone and their mother (Who has actually watched the last 3 games.) knows this team has potential and talent.

Claiming something early without any substance doesn't make you a genius. lmao

? 

5 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I want the conference to be good, but I’m realistic.  We will not be good again until New Mexico, San Diego State, and UNLV are back.  To my knowledge, we’ve never sent multiple teams to the tournament without at least one of the three going.

Absolute and utter Horseshit.  The fate of the conference does not fall on 3 teams (and their respective fanbases) living in the past....with UNLV needing a hot tub time machine to fully realize their "dominance".  This conference needs ALL teams to perform well in OOC regardless of their presumed pedigree for this conference to gain multiple bids in the NCAA...plain and simple.  If it turns out that Nevada, Boise, and UW crush their non-conference schedule with another 4-5 teams representing well...this will be a multi-bid conference regardless of what UNM, UNLV, and SDSU do......

8 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

Absolute and utter Horseshit.  The fate of the conference does not fall on 3 teams (and their respective fanbases) living in the past....with UNLV needing a hot tub time machine to fully realize their "dominance".  This conference needs ALL teams to perform well in OOC regardless of their presumed pedigree for this conference to gain multiple bids in the NCAA...plain and simple.  If it turns out that Nevada, Boise, and UW crush their non-conference schedule with another 4-5 teams representing well...this will be a multi-bid conference regardless of what UNM, UNLV, and SDSU do......

If Long Beach State crushes their non-conference schedule, they’d be an at-large team.  What you say is the truth.  However, you also have to take into account their ceilings.  Nevada isn’t going to be a lock for the NCAA Tournament like UNLV, San Diego State, or New Mexico.  The peak performance of all three as of late is sneaking into the back end of the tournament.

16 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

It's PH so this is definitely not thread worthy. Sometimes he considers this board his personal journal.

Your sig tho. :lol:

16 hours ago, Yellow Evan said:

On 10/19/2015 at 5:34 AM, ph90702 said:

I'm done explaining to people why their team doesn't have a right to play a shitty non-conference schedule.  If you don't get it, then you're truly retarded.  I'm one of the smartest people on this board, and some people just aren't smart enough to hang with me in a conversation.

Ph:

screen-shot-2017-11-20-at-1-13-51-pm-png