Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Hal

Death of a partner

55 minutes ago, Nevada Hal said:

this pass weekend I lost the mother of my two children (3) and (1) . Maddie was the most caring person I ever met. Someone that thought of overs before herself even if no one was watching. Your thoughts and prayers are needed brothers 

Maddie Duskey Memorial Fund https://www.youcaring.com/crystalmarkham-1017362 via @youcaring

I'm very very sorry to hear about this. Death of a loved one is about as brutal as it gets. It's the kind of sorrow you just can't put into words. Prayers on the way. 

kat.jpg

So very sorry to hear of your lost of a loved one. It's like we loss a family member also. Although we on this board at times argue and cut each other down a lot here that doesn't mean we don't care about one another. I consider everyone here as my internet family member, like families do, we say and do things we are not proud of but we always still stick together as a family when evaded by an outsider. Just remember that when it gets really difficult to cope, we, your MWCboard family will always be here for you, just reach out.  Once again, so sorry for your lost.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Hal, I am so sorry for your loss. I can empathize with how devastating it is, although my children were young adults. I know you will keep her memory alive for them, and cherish the memories you all have together. May she Rest In Peace. 

Thoughts and prayers for you.  I can't relate, I lost my dad 10 years ago and my mom 5 years ago.  I have not had to endure the loss of a spouse, sibling, or child.  I know life is not the same without my parents.  I inherited a Midwest family cabin that has been in the family a hundred years.  I travel there often, enjoy it, but it is not the same without my parents. It appears you had a wonderful family, hopefully cherishing the good memories and activity with the whippersnappers will alleviate some of the pain.    

110926run_defense710.jpg

By the way, a belated welcome back the board.  You were missed, enjoyed your schtict.  If that died with this tragedy, so be it, we will understand the best we can and move on.

110926run_defense710.jpg

That is horrible. I have no idea what I would do if anything like this happened and I have no idea what I can say to help.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

39 minutes ago, Warbow said:

So very sorry to hear of your loss of a loved one. It's like we loss a family member also. Although we on this board at times argue and cut each other down a lot here that doesn't mean we don't care about one another. I consider everyone here as my internet family member, like families do, we say and do things we are not proud of but we still stick together as a family. Just remember that when it gets really difficult to cope, we your MWCboard family will always be here for you, just reach out.  Once again, so sorry for your loss.

This board actually helped me a great deal..I agree, you’re all like family. 

1 hour ago, Nevada Hal said:

Got to tell her the kids were alseep and that we love and miss her right before it happened . So at least we have that.

FE94ACD7-A155-47F1-821A-FDBEA844020E.jpeg

Since you asked for prayers I will assume you’re Christian and believe in an afterlife.   Her soul lives with Christ and you will see her again. 

I am sorry to hear about this whenever it happens.

I will just mention that you will be overwhelmed with support to start.  Then life will go on and that's when it will be hard because you will still be grieving while everyone else has moved on.  It is then that things will be really hard for you.   I recommend you consider some time with a talk therapist down the road.    It is helpful when you are hurting to have someone non judgmental to talk too.  

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

I will just mention that you will be overwhelmed with support to start.  Then life will go on and that's when it will be hard because you will still be grieving while everyone else has moved on.  It is then that things will be really hard for you.   I recommend you consider some time with a talk therapist down the road.    It is helpful when you are hurting to have someone non judgmental to talk too.  

Sage advice. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

This is very good advice. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater