Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Helmets vs UNLV

31 minutes ago, Greedy Reb said:

Best part about Reno fan is their inability to deal with the fact that UNLV always has and always will have a higher ceiling then them. The doubling down and insistence really came when they were left in WAC hell and thought they would never have a chance to get in the MW. UNR is a good school but those that argue it could ever be anything more than a MW school know they are delusional. Their ceiling has been met...therefore they must cling to silly things like being called "Nevada."

Bottom line is UNLV has always been limited from reaching it's ceiling by its own ineptness, not by its city. Over the last 25 years UNLV has underperformed it's ceiling, UNR has hit up against their's.

We hear SDSU, CSU & UNLV fans constantly talk about getting out of here but I've never heard a Nevada fan say that.  It's simple, we don't have the population in N. Nevada to go much further.  We're in the MWC, we're comfortable & like it here.  

The older I get, the less I feel the rivalry. :oldman:

Hoping for a red cannon, but I won't be torn up about it if we lose. Strange that the home team has lost the last few games. Hopefully that trend continues this week.

ETA: And in honor of rivalry week, here it is...

1 hour ago, wolfan8431 said:

We hear SDSU, CSU & UNLV fans constantly talk about getting out of here but I've never heard a Nevada fan say that.  It's simple, we don't have the population in N. Nevada to go much further.  We're in the MWC, we're comfortable & like it here.  

That was my exact point. Because of Reno you have hit your ceiling. SDSU and UNLV are not limited by their city...rather their incompetency in performance. Honestly I am not sure that is any better. 

21 hours ago, mugtang said:

Yawn

I forgot I muted that dolt til you qouted him. Good to see I'm not missing anything useful. That kid is so damn bitter.

Edited and removed last sentence - mug

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Little big men are such easy targets.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Greedy Reb said:

Sure. Because reality is my friend. Sometimes it goes down like a sideways pill though so be careful with it since UNR has reached their ceiling. Hard truth to face. 

The thing about having a high ceiling is that it means you've been at rock bottom for a while. 

Guest RoscoesDad
2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Lol that guy who put his necktie over his shoulder like he was going to eat soup at lunch instead of breaking up a brawl.

Those late 80s and early 90s UNLV teams were filled with scary characters. I swear that Alvin Mack in the program was based off LB Rumone Hilton.  Same guy.  John Ma'ae, you did not want to even look that dude in the eye.  

We may not have won many games, but we always won the fight after.

16 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Those late 80s and early 90s UNLV teams were filled with scary characters. I swear that Alvin Mack in the program was based off LB Rumone Hilton.  Same guy.  John Ma'ae, you did not want to even look that dude in the eye.  

We may not have won many games, but we always won the fight after.

Suge Knight seemed like a nice fella.