Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Helmets vs UNLV

6 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

HEH. not ashamed of Reno  at all. Nice projecting.

Maybe ask  Alabama why they don't put Tuscaloosa on their jersey.?

Ask Tennessee why Knoxville isn't on their helmet. ?

Ask Ohio State why Columbus isn't on their pants or the logo.?

duh.

The difference is the way and attitude in which you guys use the state symbolism. It's not natural with you guys. It's forced. You're trying to ram it down everyone's throats and you're doing it cause you want to break out of the shadow of UNLV's Q rating. You're screaming "hey we are the real flagship not UNLV look at us."

And you are using the symbolism in an attempt to diminish UNLV and you know it. 

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

CAL is one of the best examples of this. 

UCB, University of California Berkeley: California

UNR, University of Nevada Reno: Nevada

that's how I usually explain it.

But if you live in Clark County or went to school there its apparently a very hard concept.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

No reference to Reno I see. Surprising 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

30 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Interesting take on owning your heritage.  Especially when the one thing we will NEVER see on any UNR uniform, logo or helmet...is RENO.  

Why are you guys so ashamed of your own city?   I see a lot of your posters that are very proud of the area and the lifestyle.  Why not own it instead of getting offended anytime UNLV references Reno instead of Nevada?

It's simple.  You represent Las Vegas & are proud of it.  We represent the State of Nevada & are proud of it.  Doesn't diminish how we feel about Reno & don't understand why you feel it diminishes you?.  If it bothers you so much why didn't  you guys change to Nevada State like everybody thought you were going to when you changed the name from Nevada Southern?

2 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

It's simple.  You represent Las Vegas & are proud of it.  We represent the State of Nevada & are proud of it.  Doesn't diminish how we feel about Reno & don't understand why you feel it diminishes you?.  If it bothers you so much why didn't  you guys change to Nevada State like everybody thought you were going to when you changed the name from Nevada Southern?

Because Nevada is a shit state minus Las Vegas. Without us you’re basically a shittier, less prettier version of Montana. Go ahead and rep it morons. The only thing you’re really repping is us, because the only thing 90% of the country associates with Nevada is Las Vegas. Reno exists amorphously as that place with the funny cops and methheads. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Because Nevada is a shit state minus Las Vegas. Without us you’re basically a shittier, less prettier version of Montana. Go ahead and rep it morons. The only thing you’re really repping is us, because the only thing 90% of the country associates with Nevada is Las Vegas. Reno exists amorphously as that place with the funny cops and methheads. 

Yawn

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Because Nevada is a shit state minus Las Vegas. Without us you’re basically a shittier, less prettier version of Montana. Go ahead and rep it morons. The only thing you’re really repping is us, because the only thing 90% of the country associates with Nevada is Las Vegas. Reno exists amorphously as that place with the funny cops and metheads. 

So then why does it bother LV folks if we call ourselves Nevada?

14 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Las Vegas is a dusty, ugly, sub-division-ed, place where you can literally  fry an egg on the sidewalks for 4 months of the year.

Its nobody up north's fault that the Las Vegas valley was a mule water and piss stop back when the state was established.

Also sucks that the school that began in 1874 got first dibs on state name vs. the other school that the 1874 school BEGAT  in 1957,

ooh and all that anger.

At least Las Vegas  has a fake New York, a fake Paris, a fake Venice, a fake Egypt, and a fake Tuscany.

Why the need for all those fake places?

Are you ashamed of being in Southern Nevada?  Same shit, different year.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

28 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

that's how I usually explain it.

But if you live in Clark County or went to school there its apparently a very hard concept.

I went to school there and lived there for 13 years, and it wasn't until I got out of town for a couple years that my sense of reality came back. And lots of prayers from family and friends certainly helped I'm sure. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Why do you guys get so offended when we refer to ourselves as Nevada?  You guys have embraced representing Las Vegas and that’s great. But why is it an issue if we embrace representing the State?  We were here first and traditionally have been called Nevada.  Does it diminish your standing somehow?

I wouldn't say you guys represent the state considering Clark County represents 2/3 of the population of Nevada. I do like the helmets though, would look great with an all black uni 

Guest RoscoesDad

Like the tantrum their coach threw a couple of years back after the game in LV when their press passes were Nevada - Nevada.  Oh the horror.  Why would that be an insult?   You guys could have so much fun with the reno911 thing and officer dangle as a mascot,  maybe have earl anthony come out for a pregame ceremonial 1--5-9 spare or something.  

PS- looks like the boatd op made it impossible to post a reference to u n r or r e n o.  Lol

31 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Like the tantrum their coach threw a couple of years back after the game in LV when their press passes were Nevada - Nevada.  Oh the horror.  Why would that be an insult?   You guys could have so much fun with the reno911 thing and officer dangle as a mascot,  maybe have earl anthony come out for a pregame ceremonial 1--5-9 spare or something.  

PS- looks like the boatd op made it impossible to post a reference to u n r or r e n o.  Lol

Just a little rivalry fun

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater