Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Helmets vs UNLV

3 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Anything is better than the rat. 

I like the "sports wolf" logo. The PACK script is much better, but the wolf isn't bad. If we're talking all-time bad logos, this one is it. 

Nevada_OLD2.gif

Just now, Slapdad said:

I like the "sports wolf" logo. The PACK script is much better, but the wolf isn't bad. If we're talking all-time bad logos, this one is it. 

Nevada_OLD2.gif

:badlink:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Meh! I like them but I’m not crazy about the black. Why not just do the exactly same thing on the matte blue helmets?

I agree on the matte blue.  Reminds me of my license plates.  And, I do like those plates.

Sesquicentennial Plate

6 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

I agree on the matte blue.  Reminds me of my license plates.  And, I do like those plates.

Sesquicentennial Plate

Speaking of license plates, my favorite all-time license plate was from one of our WPC posters who had Pack plates cheering on the Pack to beat Las Vegas:

BTLV

That 5 character limitation was a killer!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

UNR should just bring back the retro Wolfie logo. that thing was/is outstanding. 

That said, I like these helmets. 

I do like the old Wolfie logo (that NC State famously stole from us :P), but we've never had the top hat wolf on a helmet (he may have made an appearance on a one time helmet a couple years ago). Would be cool though. 

Guest RoscoesDad
2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Great helmet!

and the prominent  NV  state outline will annoy the Rebels fans that much more!

looking forward to Saturday afternoon.

Interesting take on owning your heritage.  Especially when the one thing we will NEVER see on any UNR uniform, logo or helmet...is RENO.  

Why are you guys so ashamed of your own city?   I see a lot of your posters that are very proud of the area and the lifestyle.  Why not own it instead of getting offended anytime UNLV references Reno instead of Nevada?

6 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Interesting take on owning your heritage.  Especially when the one thing we will NEVER see on any UNR uniform, logo or helmet...is RENO.  

Why are you guys so ashamed of your own city?   I see a lot of your posters that are very proud of the area and the lifestyle.  Why not own it instead of getting offended anytime UNLV references Reno instead of Nevada?

HEH. not ashamed of Reno  at all. Nice projecting.

Maybe ask  Alabama why they don't put Tuscaloosa on their jersey.?

Ask Tennessee why Knoxville isn't on their helmet. ?

Ask Ohio State why Columbus isn't on their pants or the logo.?

duh.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

8 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Why do you guys get so offended when we refer to ourselves as Nevada?  You guys have embraced representing Las Vegas and that’s great. But why is it an issue if we embrace representing the State?  We were here first and traditionally have been called Nevada.  Does it diminish your standing somehow?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Lester_in_reno said:

HEH. not ashamed of Reno  at all. Nice projecting.

Maybe ask  Alabama why they don't put Tuscaloosa on their jersey.?

Ask Tennessee why Knoxville isn't on their helmet. ?

Ask Ohio State why Columbus isn't on their pants or the logo.?

duh.

Nebraska, Washington, Indiana, etc, etc, etc