Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Early Lines 2017 MWC finale....

16 hours ago, renoskier said:

New Mexico at San Diego State (-20)

Utah State at Air Force (-2)

UNLV at Nevada (-3)

Wyoming (-21) at San Jose State

Boise State (-7) at Fresno State

BYU (-3) at Hawaii

Updated to include Air Force and Wyoming

16 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

You guys have got to stop having these cross divisional games late in the year, to avoid rematches.  It's just ridiculous Boise and Fresno play 2 weeks in a row.

it's really, really, really stupid.  The year should always end on a divisional rivalry game. We should be playing SJSU or SDSU right now.

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

The teams really should petition Hair to have no cross league games in Nov.  

Can anyone think of a plausible (not just that Hair sucks:D) reason why the conference doesn't/wouldn't schedule only divisional games in November?

13 minutes ago, renoskier said:

not just that Hair sucks

The people who work for Hair on creating the conference schedules also suck?

It's probably some combination of schools scheduling late-season OOC games, schedule requests by Athletic Directors, and bye week scheduling.

I think the sucking part is more believable though. 

49 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

The teams really should petition Hair to have no cross league games in Nov.  

There is currently a petition going around to change it.

3 hours ago, AZdogFan said:

It's probably some combination of schools scheduling late-season OOC games, schedule requests by Athletic Directors, and bye week scheduling.

I just looked at the AAC and they have several cross division games in the last week as well.   I have no idea why conferences would have that setup.  Hopefully the MWC changes it next year.   Who would be BSU's "rivalry game"?   Choo Choo state?

Posted Image

20 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SJSU has only come within 21 points of its 7 MWC opponents twice this year. Is Smith actually THAT bad?

no, but oddsmakers haven't caught onto how bad the spartans really are, i think. In part due to the fact that they get worse weekly.

6 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

no, but oddsmakers haven't caught onto how bad the spartans really are, i think. In part due to the fact that they get worse weekly.

And in part because nobody outside the MWC pays even the slightest attention to SJSU.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 11/20/2017 at 5:08 PM, Brew_Poke said:

It's kind of necessitated, in a way, by all these West teams scheduling BYU.  I could be wrong.

It's really not.   It's not hard to schedule around that with byes or just by getting the cross divisional games done in Oct or earlier.

I understand what you're saying, but the games with BYU are scheduled long before the league schedule comes out year to year, so since those games are known beforehand, I don't see why they can't accommodate divisional play in November.  Additionally, there's fewer and fewer games against BYU going forward.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 11/20/2017 at 12:40 PM, AZdogFan said:

Cal is playing UCLA this weekend.  That has to do with the SC v Notre Dame series, but it does happen in other leagues too, for the reasons you said.

On 11/19/2017 at 7:50 PM, Jack Bauer said:

You guys have got to stop having these cross divisional games late in the year, to avoid rematches.  It's just ridiculous Boise and Fresno play 2 weeks in a row.

You do know BYU is why it happens.    You want late games in Nov and that leaves at least one open team unless you put the bye week late which no one wants.    

So I agree.   We should stop playing BYU in November and only schedule inter conference games. 

13 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

It's really not.   It's not hard to schedule around that with byes or just by getting the cross divisional games done in Oct or earlier.

I understand what you're saying, but the games with BYU are scheduled long before the league schedule comes out year to year, so since those games are known beforehand, I don't see why they can't accommodate divisional play in November.  Additionally, there's fewer and fewer games against BYU going forward.

No one wants their bye at the end of Nov. the only way it works is if you have two non-conference Games in Nov.