Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Nevada basketball is too good

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

An interesting comparison and early barometer reading for the Mountain West Conference from top to bottom will be Tuesday night. Air Force plays Pacific at home. Although not on the road as Nevada played and in the confines of our small gym at 7000 feet, (yes built-in advantages there for AF) it will be interesting to see how the box scores matchup from pre-season number one picked Nevada down to last place picked Air Force. Go Falcons

we play them in december, also.

12 minutes ago, cardrater said:

I wouldn't read too much into the box score matchup. Nevada was up by 87-62 with two minutes remaining until the walk on Tooley started turning the ball over and committing  fouls  which made Pacific finish on a 12-2 run. Too much Focus was givin on Tooley trying to make a basket. I hope you guys blow them out tho.

i think most of us are smart enough to see past that. same thing when we played eastern washington, up by 25 with 3 minutes left when we cleared the bench. we both still dominated.

3 hours ago, cardrater said:

I wouldn't read too much into the box score matchup. Nevada was up by 87-62 with two minutes remaining until the walk on Tooley started turning the ball over and committing  fouls  which made Pacific finish on a 12-2 run. Too much Focus was givin on Tooley trying to make a basket. I hope you guys blow them out tho.

My point is look at the box score after the game is over,  the score and who played Off the Bench and how many minutes. I'm just saying it simply gives a comparison of two different teams in our league. Take it for what you want.  I Want to win by 25 and play 20 players.

..GO FALCONS..

27 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Boise, SDSU, and CSU definitely don't look like they'll challenge Nevada this year.

I'll have to see more Fresno, UNLV, and Wyoming to see if they've got contenders.

Didn't csu just lose to Tulane by 30?

Someone should dig up the thread from years ago where Slapdad and Battleborn were going at it. I think it was one of the strangest and funniest things I've ever read.

29 minutes ago, bigd said:

Someone should dig up the thread from years ago where Slapdad and Battleborn were going at it. I think it was one of the strangest and funniest things I've ever read.

Enjoy

Starts on page 5.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Enjoy

Starts on page 5.

well, I just read that entire thread, and i learned a few things.. slapdad is rich, battleborn was not happy about it, dogs for me's mom had a sex change, mysfit is the voice of reason, and fearthefumanchu definitely likes to egg things on. oh, and that it would likely take 150 men to beat up a silverback gorilla.

and i was reminded that this is an archived thread and there was no like button back then.

16 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

well, I just read that entire thread, and i learned a few things.. slapdad is rich, battleborn was not happy about it, dogs for me's mom had a sex change, mysfit is the voice of reason, and fearthefumanchu definitely likes to egg things on. oh, and that it would likely take 150 men to beat up a silverback gorilla.

and i was reminded that this is an archived thread and there was no like button back then.

I forgot how great that faux feud was between @Slapdad & @battle.borne

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

53 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

This mysfit post just underscores how different things are in the 5 years since :blink:

“It's kind of odd we have more reasonable and less heated discussions there. We all have strong opinions but the discussions don't get really nasty (knock on wood).

I guess Football is worse than religion and politics ;)

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.