Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BacksThePack

Nevada vs UNLV. For UNLVs bowl chances...

6 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

The Pack team will be repeatedly verbally reminded that they can't screw this game up  all week long!!

I will be there to remind them myself during pre game at Mackay.

Please feel free to add my voice absentia. 

Guest RoscoesDad
12 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Chris Murray @MurrayRGJ 3h3 hours ago

Wolf Pack football opens as a 1.5-point favorite over UNLV on Saturday. These teams are very similar in quality. Both even lost to an FCS team this year.

I would say this is a fair line and statement.  How this game goes depends in large part on whether the WolfPack wants to fight or just wants the season to be over. 

UNR coming to play in this game has never been the issue and it won't be this week, they are going to be jacked out of their minds.  It's always been whether UNLV is up for the fight.  Sometimes yes, most of the time no.  I honestly have no idea this year.  

22 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

UNR coming to play in this game has never been the issue and it won't be this week, they are going to be jacked out of their minds.  It's always been whether UNLV is up for the fight.  Sometimes yes, most of the time no.  I honestly have no idea this year.  

Two years ago the Pack were as flat as a pancake at home for this rivalry game and that really  started the bomb ticking on Polians tenure.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Guest RoscoesDad
14 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Two years ago the Pack were as flat as a pancake at home for this rivalry game and that really  started the bomb ticking on Polians tenure.

May concede you that one, however in watching our games since 1990, I can't say I've seen it happen more than a few times...maybe one of the years when JROB was coach.

22 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

May concede you that one, however in watching our games since 1990, I can't say I've seen it happen more than a few times...maybe one of the years when JROB was coach.

Ault’s first year back, JRob’s last. Pack played horribly, and was killed by Vegas. But I agree Nevada is ready to play. A big and quickly growing percentage of our fan base is from Clark County so that’s part of it.

As I’ve said for 15+ years, if you can’t win this game — than all of the other noise doesn’t matter. You can win this game and it might not mean much in the scheme of things, but you can’t lose it.