Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BacksThePack

Nevada vs UNLV. For UNLVs bowl chances...

Reno is going to embarrassed in front of its toothless The Hills Have Eyes cast member fans next week. 

After we beat down your piece of shit scrub team, perhaps the shame of being embarrassed by us will rival the shame you have daily for your pathetic little snow-blown shithole of a city. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

hate to break it to you pack fans, but there are 8  5-win teams vying for 3 bowl spots, so with the howard loss on our resume, we're not likely going bowling even if we do beat you. so no need to play your little hearts out in order to keep us out of a bowl, we already made that happen. better to watch our hearts get crushed in not being selected, no?

On UNLV's "bowl opportunity", which shows that a UNLV win isn't enough - also need five of the other 7 teams below to lose, since UNLV has the lowest RPI:

Shawn Krest @ShawnKrest m39 minutes ago

Bowls need 78 teams. Currently 70 have six wins. Eight five-win teams play each other next week, guaranteeing another four six win teams. Only four potential spots left

the other five-win teams who could take those three spots

58 Temple (plays Tulsa)

68 Tulane (SMU)

45 Ga Tech (Georgia)

87 Minnesota (Wisconsin)

77 Texas Tech (Texas)

91 La Tech (UTSA)

102 Buffalo (Ohio)

107 UNLV (Nevada)

Duke (Wake Forest)      (added, wasn't included in that tweet)

46 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

hate to break it to you pack fans, but there are 8  5-win teams vying for 3 bowl spots, so with the howard loss on our resume, we're not likely going bowling even if we do beat you. so no need to play your little hearts out in order to keep us out of a bowl, we already made that happen. better to watch our hearts get crushed in not being selected, no?

Nay. The Wolf Pack, not the bowl executives, must be the ones who do the crushing of Rebel hearts. 

Then us fans can exaggerate how crushing the loss actually was. We will make it seem like UNLV lost a chance at the Rose Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Nay. The Wolf Pack, not the bowl executives, must be the ones who do the crushing of Rebel hearts. 

Then us fans can exaggerate how crushing the loss actually was. We will make it seem like UNLV lost a chance at the Rose Bowl. 

By going to the Rose Bowl you must mean to park cars. Because that’s what Vegas fans do. 

Only two of the other 7 games start later than UNLV/"Nevada", so there is a good chance that three of those teams will have wins already.

One of the worst scenarios for UNLV would be to win and get to 6 wins, have 5 of the other 7 teams lose, but then have Georgia Tech be granted a waiver to be bowl eligible as a 5-win team (since they had a came canceled due to a hurricane).

3 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

On UNLV's "bowl opportunity", which shows that a UNLV win isn't enough - also need five of the other 7 teams below to lose, since UNLV has the lowest RPI:

Bowls need 78 teams. Currently 70 have six wins. Eight five-win teams play each other next week, guaranteeing another four six win teams. Only four potential spots left

58 Temple (plays Tulsa)

68 Tulane (SMU)

45 Ga Tech (Georgia)

87 Minnesota (Wisconsin)

77 Texas Tech (Texas)

91 La Tech (UTSA)

102 Buffalo (Ohio)

107 UNLV (Nevada)

Of the batch, I see temple, and LaTech most likely to win. Possibly Tulane and there's an outside shot Buffalo and Texas Tech get there.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

As for the game itself, it's win or go home time. Either we carry the momentum from Rodgers heroics or we do a UNLV and choke. Win and Sancehz's job is safe and this program gains some serious momentum, at least in theory it will be an easier sell that in addition to facility upgrades, we've turned the corner on the field, even if it's a product and there'd even be a handful of players that been bowl eligible twice in their careers.  Plus we would have won the Cannon the last three times it was played in Reno. Lose and add this to the long list of UNLV choke jobs.

Honestly UNLV Reno games are like something else to me. Two of my favorite ever UNLV games were our last two wins in Reno. And obviously it being a win with bowl eligibility on the line just adds to my excitement.  Go Rebels!

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Ed Graney says he talked with a bowl official, and he said that we’re in if we get to six wins.

1 hour ago, Yellow Evan said:

As for the game itself, it's win or go home time. Either we carry the momentum from Rodgers heroics or we do a UNLV and choke. Win and Sancehz's job is safe and this program gains some serious momentum, at least in theory it will be an easier sell that in addition to facility upgrades, we've turned the corner on the field, even if it's a product and there'd even be a handful of players that been bowl eligible twice in their careers.  Plus we would have won the Cannon the last three times it was played in Reno. Lose and add this to the long list of UNLV choke jobs.

Honestly UNLV Reno games are like something else to me. Two of my favorite ever UNLV games were our last two wins in Reno. And obviously it being a win with bowl eligibility on the line just adds to my excitement.  Go Rebels!

If you think Sanchez’ job is on jeopardy, then you’re a moron.  Kind of ironic since you think I’m a moron.

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

If you think Sanchez’ job is on jeopardy, then you’re a moron.  Kind of ironic since you think I’m a moron.

As usual, you see the dot on the wall without seeing the wall.

If he doesn't make a bowl game this year or next, Sanchez probably should be let go. If we win next week, regardless if we actually get selected, he's safe for another 2 seasons IMO.

7 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

58 Temple (plays Tulsa)

68 Tulane (SMU)

45 Ga Tech (Georgia)

87 Minnesota (Wisconsin)

77 Texas Tech (Texas)

91 La Tech (UTSA)

102 Buffalo (Ohio)

107 UNLV (Nevada)

Duke (Wake Forest)      (added, wasn't included in that tweet)

Added Duke to the list - so there are actually 9 teams battling for those 3 bowl spots. 

Chris Murray @MurrayRGJ 3h3 hours ago

Wolf Pack football opens as a 1.5-point favorite over UNLV on Saturday. These teams are very similar in quality. Both even lost to an FCS team this year.

I would say this is a fair line and statement.  How this game goes depends in large part on whether the WolfPack wants to fight or just wants the season to be over. 

7 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

How this game goes depends in large part on whether the WolfPack wants to fight or just wants the season to be over. 

The Pack team will be repeatedly verbally reminded that they can't screw this game up  all week long!!

I will be there to remind them myself during pre game at Mackay.

cerified_Subarus.jpg