Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AKram

Congrats San Jose. Fire English (and Bryant)

Ok. Really, I know that it is bad form to root against your team, but I really feel that the only way for CSU to rid itself of the problem that is Marty English and Jamie Bryant is for San Jose to run up the offense against our D. If CSU is even remotely decent on the defensive end, then we might hear the folks in FoCo (team and media) say that the defense has turned a corner, let's give them a chance next year forgetting that it is SJSU that allowed them to turn that corner. 

So, San Jose here's what you need to do: Pass against the secondary. Often. Get more than your 316 avg for the offense this season. Please. CSU will probably eclipse the 502 yrds your defense is allowing so we should win, but just pummel our defense so we can move on from this long nightmare called Marty English.

27 minutes ago, AKram said:

So, San Jose here's what you need to do: Pass against the secondary.

49 yards into the secondary. How Bryant still has a job I don't know.

Seriously. 

SJSU Rushing: ATT--37.0; YRDS--116.7; AVG--3.2; and TDs 0.2  How does SJSU score? By rushing.

English and Bryant need to go!!!!!

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

Not so fast. I think our defense is turning a corner today. 

?

San Jose football = Job security for Marty English

2 hours ago, AKram said:

Ok. Really, I know that it is bad form to root against your team, but I really feel that the only way for CSU to rid itself of the problem that is Marty English and Jamie Bryant is for San Jose to run up the offense against our D. If CSU is even remotely decent on the defensive end, then we might hear the folks in FoCo (team and media) say that the defense has turned a corner, let's give them a chance next year forgetting that it is SJSU that allowed them to turn that corner. 

So, San Jose here's what you need to do: Pass against the secondary. Often. Get more than your 316 avg for the offense this season. Please. CSU will probably eclipse the 502 yrds your defense is allowing so we should win, but just pummel our defense so we can move on from this long nightmare called Marty English.

You have to be extremely careful to not over-architect the juju. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

San Jose had 2 rushing TDs all season. Has 2 today. 

Their two longest rushing plays came today. 

49-yard pass setting up one TD. Would have more deep pass plays if not for freshman QB and some overthrows.

I really hope this seals the deal on Marty English looking for another job.

31 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That goal line stand solidifies it for me.  English is finally starting to figure it out.

Sadly, that might be the thinking in the AD's office, too. 

1 hour ago, AKram said:

San Jose had 2 rushing TDs all season. Has 2 today. 

Their two longest rushing plays came today. 

49-yard pass setting up one TD. Would have more deep pass plays if not for freshman QB and some overthrows.

I really hope this seals the deal on Marty English looking for another job.

Thank you.

You beat the Spartans by the identical amount UNLV beat them by and having watched the majority of both games, the Rams were equally as impressive as the Rebs.

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

God I hope not.  You guys had the talent on your roster to win 10 games this year.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Lots of coaching issues held back our players/plays all season. 

I'm cautiously optimistic about a season with Collin Hill at QB, but since he hasn't seen a game since 8 Oct. '16 when he destroyed his knee against USU, it'll be almost like having a true freshman back there. But, I think he's got a better arm, better vision, and better command of Bobo's offense than Stevens.

Marty English and Jamie Bryant gone. Bobo reads HOW GOOD DO YOU WANT TO BE? by Nick Saban and a few other books on head coaching/winning. Will Friend either starts calling plays or goes elsewhere. Next season could be fun.

We can add a coach next year.  I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't add Tyson Summers back as the DC again, offer Marty LB's (he'd take it), and then just replace Jamie Bryant.  When your special teams and safeties are that bad, and it's the same coach, he's got to go.

Game went as expected.  CSU rolled up lots of yards.  Brennan defended Gallup out of the game which meant other receivers were completely uncovered.  

Here's a post-game pic with my buddy Dalyn Dawkins.

IMG_0365.thumb.JPG.ad0b9d974329351118c15d98a4406cf7.JPG

22 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

We can add a coach next year.  I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't add Tyson Summers back as the DC again, offer Marty LB's (he'd take it), and then just replace Jamie Bryant.  When your special teams and safeties are that bad, and it's the same coach, he's got to go.

Summers wasn't bad, but I wonder if we could do a bit better? Don't know what's out there or who'd be willing to come to CSU, but I'd think CSU would have to at least test the waters and see who bites. Might say quite a bit about Bobo as a head coach if no one wants the job.

Just now, AKram said:

Summers wasn't bad, but I wonder if we could do a bit better? Don't know what's out there or who'd be willing to come to CSU, but I'd think CSU would have to at least test the waters and see who bites. Might say quite a bit about Bobo as a head coach if no one wants the job.

Might say even more about overpaying an OC and not having the budget for a top end DC.

Just now, Headbutt said:

Might say even more about overpaying an OC and not having the budget for a top end DC.

Very true. An OC that really isn't an OC.