Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Fresno State vs Wyoming, AT&T Sportsnet, 12 PM MDT

Just now, Aztecs Rising said:

There really should be a rule that last conference game is against a division team...last year Wyo and the Aztecs went back to back weeks..this year looks it's gonna happen again.

Really, all cross-division games should be played before division games. 

2 minutes ago, cvallstar_poke said:

It would have been a very different game if Allen had played.  Our offense would have been better but your gameplan probably completely changes. 

And we wouldn't run the ¾ of the time. The argument is moot

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

We didn't miss Allen and him playing wouldn't have changed the game?  Moot?  Youkay

Yeah, but it's kinda an "if my aunt had balls" argument though...of course you missed him..but if he plays, the Dogs approach it differently....on and on.  

But good game (even if it was a little dull in terms of game play). 

36 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Bullshit.  Dogs gotta win on Saturday and play the ccg at home to win the ccg

Actually if BSU beats AF, the chances of us hosting are minute...   the host goes to the highest ranked team which will be BSU...  that means the game at Bulldog Stadium will be pointless other than setting up what you want to do the next week.   

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Actually if BSU beats AF, the chances of us hosting are minute...   the host goes to the highest ranked team which will be BSU...  that means the game at Bulldog Stadium will be pointless other than setting up what you want to do the next week.   

If the dogs win the ratings will change dramatically.  I don’t think I agree with the theory that Boise will host regardless

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah, the back to back stuff is not a good situation to be in for the teams or the conference...but I'm pretty sure both teams will do what they can to bring their A-games each week....nobody will be phoning it in.  

4 minutes ago, av-rated said:

Yeah, but it's kinda an "if my aunt had balls" argument though...of course you missed him..but if he plays, the Dogs approach it differently....on and on.  

But good game (even if it was a little dull in terms of game play). 

I didn't say that we would have won if Allen played, simply countered a post that implied that a projected first round QB was a moot point.  That was silly.

It was a good game.  I love defense and both sides brought it.  Good luck vs. Boise

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, av-rated said:

Yeah, the back to back stuff is not a good situation to be in for the teams or the conference...but I'm pretty sure both teams will do what they can to bring their A-games each week....nobody will be phoning it in.  

I thought it was bad last year with SDSU having to come to Laramie two weeks after they were their for a conf game.  This year would even be worse with back to back trips over an 8 day period.  

Had Allen played, and we needed to score more, our game plan would have changed also.

The offensive game plan was as conservative as we've run all year because of two things...Wyoming's ability to create turnovers, and the weather/footing. Fresno dominated the game for all but about 5 game minutes. Oh, and we have plenty of injuries too, but we just don't talk about them. Every team is banged up this time of year. In all honesty I wish Allen was healthy and would have played, but he wasn't.

19 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

If the dogs win the ratings will change dramatically.  I don’t think I agree with the theory that Boise will host regardless

I’m not sure they can mathematically change that much due to one game.   Too many of our games are against very poor western teams to jump in the computer rankings.

14 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Had Allen played, and we needed to score more, our game plan would have changed also.

The offensive game plan was as conservative as we've run all year because of two things...Wyoming's ability to create turnovers, and the weather/footing. Fresno dominated the game for all but about 5 game minutes. Oh, and we have plenty of injuries too, but we just don't talk about them. Every team is banged up this time of year. In all honesty I wish Allen was healthy and would have played, but he wasn't.

Why not talk about injuries? 

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Wyoming fans crying about Josh is actually making this victory more enjoyable. 

Josh might never play for Wyoming again. Get used to it. He has bigger things to worry about. 

I give credit to Fresno and I also lay part of the blame on Wyoming's offensive game plan and execution.  I didn't think Vigen set Smith up for success all that much on the designed runs.  If Smith is the QB, those plays almost need to be taken out of the playbook.  

You play the game with who you have.  Fresno also had to overcome a lot of travel going to Hawaii and then to Wyoming.  Tip the cap to Fresno and on to SJSU.  

Proud of the Dogs.  It take some granite nads to go from the islands to Wyo in snow and pull out two victories in a row.

Wyo, that defense of yours was amazing and depressing at the same time to watch.  Such toughness.  One remark though: that fabio guy needs to stop stroking his hair so much.  Takes away from that cowboy look...

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648