Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

OT: Last FBS game in the Kibbie dome

Today is the last game to be played at FBS level for Idaho in the Kibbie dome. Ironically it's against a team that just went from FCS to FBS in Coastal Carolina. Idaho, you will be missed in the FBS ranks.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Today is the last game to be played at FBS level for Idaho in the Kibbie dome. Ironically it's against a team that just went from FCS to FBS in Coastal Carolina. Idaho, you will be missed in the FBS ranks.

Nah, I doubt it...

3 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

How fitting would it be if the newly FBS Coastal Carolina Chanticleers beat them. Might be the definition of the door hitting you on the way out.

Kinda like your Baylor beat down in the Bowl.  Fitting.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

Ahhh National Champion...

Sounds awesome.

But..   you are a mid major.  You will never touch that bracket.

Given the rise in parody..   BSU will likely never sniff the 1 slot the powers that be allow you lowlies to have...

But alas...  It's never been the BSU football team that was mediocre...

It's always been the fan base.

Mediocrity at it's finest.

11 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

And even when they were they couldn't even sniff playing in a decent bowl game. 

Oh..  ok Vegas Bowl...

4 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

It's fitting that every bowl they played was on Boise's home field.

I was there in the stadium when Idaho beat BSU on the 2 point conversion...

And 2 weeks later beat Southern Miss... on the blue.

The Vandals owned that turf...  in 98.

Owned it....

Fitting for a FCS stadium.  

By the way, Idaho have never averaged over 15k in the past 7 years....probably longer.   They were long overdue to be sent back to the FCS ranks just on not meeting attendance standards alone. 

The future is hard to predict as far as re-alignment. But eventually they'll be back in a G5 quality league playing Utah St, Wyoming, etc. as soon as they can get the money to build some FBS quality facilities. I thought my LA Rams were lost forever, but they were back in 20 years. The future is a lot of time for the  positive change you want to eventually happen. 

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

The future is hard to predict as far as re-alignment. But eventually they'll be back in a G5 quality league playing Utah St, Wyoming, etc. as soon as they can get the money to build some FBS quality facilities. I thought my LA Rams were lost forever, but they were back in 20 years. The future is a lot of time for the  positive change you want to eventually happen. 

As soon as they can get money for FBS facilities? I’m sure dropping down will help.

At least Idaho made a few bowls while they were FBS. NMSU hasn't made one since the 60s. They really belong in the Big Sky IMO.

Although this could be the year that they finally break the streak and make the Arizona Bowl.

EDIT: Ouch, I just saw that Idaho lost to CCU. CCU was on a 9-game losing streak. NMSU also lost to Louisiana and is now 4-6. They  must beat both Idaho and South Alabama to make the Arizona Bowl.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

They might but it will take departures of current MWC members to create a void and unprecedented commitment by Idaho to improve faciities.  They didnt have the leadership or donors inplace during their 20 seasons at the FBS level to get it done.  Dont know why anyone would expect Idaho to build an FBS worthy stadium as an FCS member.  Heck the new basketball arena they are planning will only sit 4500-4700 fans.

6 hours ago, DesVandal said:

Ahhh National Champion...

Sounds awesome.

But..   you are a mid major.  You will never touch that bracket.

Given the rise in parody..   BSU will likely never sniff the 1 slot the powers that be allow you lowlies to have...

But alas...  It's never been the BSU football team that was mediocre...

It's always been the fan base.

Mediocrity at it's finest.

If bsu's fan base is mediocre I wonder catagory idaho's fan base would fall under. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

7 hours ago, DesVandal said:

I was there in the stadium when Idaho beat BSU on the 2 point conversion...

And 2 weeks later beat Southern Miss... on the blue.

The Vandals owned that turf...  in 98.

Owned it....

Ah yes, the one time we were proud to have Idaho in the Big West.

IDAHO_AUBURN.jpg