Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Pence's policy of never being alone with a female.

10 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

blues you think everyone who disagrees with you is an imbecile.

you only have your opinions because you think every alternative, no matter how similar, is completely stupid.  you don't decide by induction or reason or trade-off.  you decide based on exaggerated observation and memory.

people who articulate their thoughts in nuance and talk about multiple good solutions of many possible solutions are idiotic to you because you are mentally ill-equipped (see what i did there?) to go through the same reasoning.  since you can't think of it, you discard it as stupid -- your goto (see what i did there?) default case.

if you think i'm an imbecile, it's because you're incapable of understanding what i'm saying.

Just because you state you disagree with me, doesn't mean you have articulated logical reasons.   One instance, one accusation, proven or not ruins your standing in the community even if everyone agrees there was nothing there.   You can't even defend yourself.   George HW Bush is 93 years old and never a whisper of anything like this and one woman makes an accusation from 3+ decades or more ago and he has lost his reputation.  

You probably have nothing to lose and no responsibility beyond yourself.  No one is thinking they will sue you and win a bunch of money.

You just have your little snowflake brain and a whole bunch of naivete.

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Just because you state you disagree with me, doesn't mean you have articulated logical reasons.   One instance, one accusation, proven or not ruins your standing in the community even if everyone agrees there was nothing there.   You can't even defend yourself.   George HW Bush is 93 years old and never a whisper of anything like this and one woman makes an accusation from 3+ decades or more ago and he has lost his reputation.  

You probably have nothing to lose and no responsibility beyond yourself.  No one is thinking they will sue you and win a bunch of money.

You just have your little snowflake brain and a whole bunch of naivete.

what do you mean by 'snowflake' brain?  how have i exhibited behaviors of a snowflake?

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

I doubt you have had very many dealings with females if you haven't been falsely accused at least once.

Not understanding the situation is just an example of your inexperience.

What a shock that the guy who thinks that women shouldn't vote things that women are the problem and not the culture that embraced rapists until they stopped being sure things in elections.

If you're not a creeper it isn't hard to not worry anout accusations. Hell it is pretty obvious that if you are guilty you have little to worry about.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

I was a little hard on pence. I think his motives are noble but the inferred reasoning behind it is the same reasoning that leads to men with less noble goals to be rapists and abusers.

Happy, I recommend you concede and disavow your comments in this thread.  The whole dust-up of Pence in this matter during the election was media and left-wing bait whose premise was devoid of logic designed to engage in character assassination and swing an election.  I think your vulnerability may have been due to your significant bias related to this branch of Christianity.  The premise and conclusions are pure unadulterated BS.  To recap, :

I think his motives are noble but the inferred reasoning behind it is the same reasoning that leads to men with less noble goals to be rapists and abusers.

Thinking that being alone with another adult of a different gender appears to be evil is the same problem. It is not noble at all, exactly the opposite. It's disgusting.

I think that calling Pence's bizarre personal choice " Christian" is idiotic and that thinking that the comment relates to his behavior is idiotic and puts you in the company of trump and Franken.

Thinking that any contact alone with a woman is indicative of extramarital affairs makes someone a pervert.

Women have agency. Your comments and pences behavior treat them as inanimate objects. That is disgusting.

It's another to have a blanket ban, to think that you are such a child you can't help but f#ck any woman you're alone with, and that women have essentially no say in the matter, and that any solo contact is assumed to be sexual.

It is the exact same toxic mindset that created Clinton and Moore and trump and Franken, just with a different goal. The mindset is the disease, the rapes and harassment are the symptoms. That same mindset is in clear view on this thread.

Lol. No. If you respect women and see them as human beings, you can be promiscuous, or monogamous, or celibate, and not run into any issues.

If you don't, you end up like pence or trump or Clinton.

Pences behavior is a slap in the face to women. They are just such tempting objects the only way to not use them immorally is to never be alone with them!

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

I think it's a fair distinction to make.

There is a bit of ego and lot of minimization of women involved in the thought process that a lunch could lead to adulterous behavior.  It assumes that the woman is a willing partner and just waiting for it -- which is the same twisted logic that rapists employ.  That the victim really wants it.  It's also produced the very wrong and very disgusting rationales that women can somehow elicit rape from a man based on behavior or clothing.  Nonsense to all of that. 

Women also deserve every chance to network and connect over projects, promotions, and potential jobs.  They can't do that if I don't eat alone with them.  That's not fair of me.

Ultimately that's why I decided to invite this gal to work with me.

On a rhetorical and honest note, a part of me likes the idea that she's secretly attracted to me.  Everyone wants to feel that they're desirable and attractive.  I think, for the worse, that plays into my 'rules.'  It's a blow to the ego but also a very freeing thought to consider...  It's not like she's into me.  Oh hey, that's good!  It means there's no chance of impropriety!  Because she doesn't think you're attractive.  Oh...  Yay.

I reject your stinking thinking as related to thought process that leads to rape.  It as stupid as linkage of a red headed rapist to a illogical caution and concern that you have to be careful around red-headed people or claiming red-headed people have rape tendencies.

As for mentorship, there are many ways to accomplish that and still hold to Pence's personal conviction.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just now, modestobulldog said:

I reject your stinking thinking as related to thought process that leads to rape.  It as stupid as linkage of a red headed rapist to a illogical caution and concern that you have to be careful around red-headed people or claiming red-headed people have rape tendencies.

As for mentorship, there are many ways to accomplish that and still hold to Pence's personal conviction.

i don't think it LEADS to rape.  i think it has a lot in common with the thinking that justifies rape.  thinking that a woman secretly wants sex and would be a willing participant if you initiated it, so you don't let yourself be alone with her, is the same kind of thinking that rapists employ when they assume a woman wants it.

mentorship can't always be in the presence of another person.  sometimes that woman won't feel comfortable bringing up professional stuff with anyone other than you.

i definitely identify with and agree with pence's thinking.  as a general rule, i like to avoid situations of being alone with women.  it's not a blanket rule for me, though.

21 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Happy, I recommend you concede and disavow your comments in this thread.  

I recommend you take this comment and cram them up your asshole. Seriously, what a perfectly stupid way to start any comment that ensures that anything afterwards I will be hell-bent to tear apart. 

The whole dust-up of Pence in this matter during the election was media and left-wing bait whose premise was devoid of logic designed to engage in character assassination and swing an election.  I think your vulnerability may have been due to your significant bias related to this branch of Christianity.  

... No.

Being so terrified of either yourself, or of women, or seeing women as passive objects to your sexual nature, is not "christian". 

The premise and conclusions are pure unadulterated BS.  To recap, :

My premise: There is a cultural meme that sees women as lesser than men, as objects for men's sexual pleasure, whose opinions and desires are lesser than men's is BS?

That the avalanche of rape and sexual assault allegations stem from this fundamental, toxic mindset that women just don't matter a much as men is BS?

That Pence's blanket ban on being around women stems from this mindset is BS?

I think his motives are noble but the inferred reasoning behind it is the same reasoning that leads to men with less noble goals to be rapists and abusers.

Thinking that being alone with another adult of a different gender appears to be evil is the same problem. It is not noble at all, exactly the opposite. It's disgusting.

I think that calling Pence's bizarre personal choice " Christian" is idiotic and that thinking that the comment relates to his behavior is idiotic and puts you in the company of trump and Franken.

Thinking that any contact alone with a woman is indicative of extramarital affairs makes someone a pervert.

Women have agency. Your comments and pences behavior treat them as inanimate objects. That is disgusting.

It's another to have a blanket ban, to think that you are such a child you can't help but f#ck any woman you're alone with, and that women have essentially no say in the matter, and that any solo contact is assumed to be sexual.

It is the exact same toxic mindset that created Clinton and Moore and trump and Franken, just with a different goal. The mindset is the disease, the rapes and harassment are the symptoms. That same mindset is in clear view on this thread.

Lol. No. If you respect women and see them as human beings, you can be promiscuous, or monogamous, or celibate, and not run into any issues.

If you don't, you end up like pence or trump or Clinton.

Pences behavior is a slap in the face to women. They are just such tempting objects the only way to not use them immorally is to never be alone with them!

Yes. I stand by them FAR more because of your terrible comment. Frankly, all you've done is show me that you have the exact mindset as trump and Franken and Clinton, you just are happy with monogamy. 

9 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i don't think it LEADS to rape.  i think it has a lot in common with the thinking that justifies rape.  thinking that a woman secretly wants sex and would be a willing participant if you initiated it, so you don't let yourself be alone with her, is the same kind of thinking that rapists employ when they assume a woman wants it.

mentorship can't always be in the presence of another person.  sometimes that woman won't feel comfortable bringing up professional stuff with anyone other than you.

i definitely identify with and agree with pence's thinking.  as a general rule, i like to avoid situations of being alone with women.  it's not a blanket rule for me, though.

From conversations with you, you want to avoid compromising situations and are a cautious person. 

Pence has a BLANKET ban on women. That is not the same, even remotely. It's kind of like how Sadaam had "elections" and we had elections, but one was sinister and one was not. 

I mean... I am alone with other women ALL THE TIME. We have a small office, and I work more hours than the other men. It is me and the office manager - with kids my age - all the time. Almost anyone would think that this would be a ludicrous situation to worry about. Not Pence!

I teach group fitness classes. Sometimes only one person shows up, and it being group fitness, that person is a woman 90% of the time. Is it a problem? Heck no! I'm a professional (and I'm married and pick someone up at the gym? eww...). I mean, when I taught AM classes, sometimes there was me, the class taker, and one other person in the building. No issue.

Sometimes when we have my wife's friends over, I'm alone with her friend. And... who cares? We've known each other for years and know my wife. It is not a big deal. Now... there's one friend I don't want to be alone with, not because she's a woman, but because she grabbed my butt and whatnot. So, I just make sure to not be alone with her. I treat her differently than "women" as a whole, because I don't blanketly blame women for sexual problems. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

What a shock that the guy who thinks that women shouldn't vote things that women are the problem and not the culture that embraced rapists until they stopped being sure things in elections.

If you're not a creeper it isn't hard to not worry anout accusations. Hell it is pretty obvious that if you are guilty you have little to worry about.

I have never been accused of sexual assault but here is an example of what an accusation can do to you child.

I was playing basketball with my wife, family and luckily a few non related friends on a sunday.  I came down with a rebound and my wife was underneath me.   She recieved and elbow in her eye, blackening it real bad.   on Monday a reporter for the local paper took a picture of us for the paper on Wednesday,  I was running for re-election and and the election was on the next Tuesday.

Without interviewing us the reporter wrote an article about how I beat my wife and used the photo as evidence.  Also saying that at press time I was unavailable for comment.   Which was total bullshit because i was campaigning every day that week.  The local sheriff who did not like me because i had restrained his spending habits would have arrested me if i had not had independent witnesses.   In Nevada you do not need a wife to press charges or testify if there is evidence of injury.   The paper ran a retraction on the next wednesday, the day after the election that instead of winning by the normal 300-500 votes I had won by 11 votes.

To this day there are people who think I beat my wife.  They just think I strong armed the paper into a retraction and the sheriff into letting me go.  Neither of which I had any power to do.

You do not get your reputation back once you lose it.   You do not need to have done anything to be accused of something.  

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I have never been accused of sexual assault but here is an example of what an accusation can do to you child.

I was playing basketball with my wife, family and luckily a few non related friends on a sunday.  I came down with a rebound and my wife was underneath me.   She recieved and elbow in her eye, blackening it real bad.   on Monday a reporter for the local paper took a picture of us for the paper on Wednesday,  I was running for re-election and and the election was on the next Tuesday.

Without interviewing us the reporter wrote an article about how I beat my wife and used the photo as evidence.  Also saying that at press time I was unavailable for comment.   Which was total bullshit because i was campaigning every day that week.  The local sheriff who did not like me because i had restrained his spending habits would have arrested me if i had not had independent witnesses.   In Nevada you do not need a wife to press charges or testify if there is evidence of injury.   The paper ran a retraction on the next wednesday, the day after the election that instead of winning by the normal 300-500 votes I had won by 11 votes.

To this day there are people who think I beat my wife.  They just think I strong armed the paper into a retraction and the sheriff into letting me go.  Neither of which I had any power to do.

You do not get your reputation back once you lose it.   You do not need to have done anything to be accused of something.  

Sounds like it's a corrupt press issue.

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Sounds like it's a corrupt press issue.

Yeah it is real rare that a reporter will have an agenda other than the truth. :rolleyes:

If people perceive they can gain something by accusing you.   You are vulnerable if you do not have some kind of corroboration.

I will meet females at public places, I will work with females.  I will do my best to arrange things so they do not have an opportunity to take advantage of me.  

By the way most females who will not accuse you falsely, also will not want to be alone with you outside of a public place.

The reason Trump has not been sued or arrested for the accusations in his pageants.  He was in public and the accusations can be refuted by independent witnesses.   Though the media and Tapeworm like people can repeat them as if they are fact.   You do not get your reputation back.

15 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Which everyone made fun of during the election.  Accusing him of being sexist and a bad guy.

Seems a little more reasonable under the light of present day accusations by every female who sees and opportunity, let alone the ones who were actually attacked.

Well I know a lot of people here think you should adopt that policy.  So please, don't ever meet with a female without others present, Tool!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I'm pretty sure anyone who reads your posts and knows your racism and sexism tendencies and your hostile and overly aggressive nature would  probably conclude you might beat up women.

Perhaps you need to look in the mirror to understand why.

2 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

I'm pretty sure anyone who reads your posts and knows your racism and sexism tendencies and your hostile and overly aggressive nature would  probably conclude you might beat up women.

Perhaps you need to look in the mirror to understand why.

TJ accusing anyone of racism is hilarious.

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

okp66FD.gif

Okay TJ nice tweet! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

No one cares.

Oh Rachel, everybody can see with your messy, misspelled and bullish posts that you loves you some Donny.  Or have you been on the Peyote again at the reservation?

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

I always knew Blues beat his wife. Kudos to that reporter for telling the truth. I'm sure "tennis accident" was one of many excuses she had to come up with over the years. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.