Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rudolro

Fresno at Arkansas

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

His talent schtik is old.  I bet Boise sweeps UNLV this year with our 2 and 3 star guys.

just going by on paper the difference isn't that big - the 'dogs are pretty much exclusively 3* recruits with the exception of deshon taylor.  Bryson would have easily been a 4* kid had he not committed to us when he was a 6-4 180lb sophomore in HS and made it plain he wasn't going anywhere else.   Grimes would have been a 4* if his grades weren't shaky. 

Nah, the difference is coaching.   RT OOC performance is "work harder, not smarter".

This is what I hate about college sports... sometimes a solid G5 school isn't even as good as a lower bottom P5 team... Happens way too often in all college sports. 

Just reminds us how big the gap still is between the P5 and G5...

1MXnKMV.jpg

5 hours ago, ZK686 said:

This is what I hate about college sports... sometimes a solid G5 school isn't even as good as a lower bottom P5 team... Happens way too often in all college sports. 

Arkansas isn’t a lower P5 team. They were an at-large tournament team last year and will probably be even better this year.  

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

14 hours ago, ZK686 said:

Not true at all.  UNLV, Gonzaga, UCONN, San Diego State, Cincinnati, Wichita State have P5 rosters at the G5 level.  So does Memphis when they have a good recruiter.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Not true at all.  UNLV, Gonzaga, UCONN, San Diego State, Cincinnati, Wichita State have P5 rosters at the G5 level.  So does Memphis when they have a good recruiter.

Guy, UNLV has sucked for a while now. Doesn’t matter how much talent you have, you guys still suck. 

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

the P5 difference is the coaching. look what going cheap (thanks, Livengood) got us with dave rice. that set us back probably about a decade.

the sad thing is that it didn't even have to be that way.

43 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

the P5 difference is the coaching. look what going cheap (thanks, Livengood) got us with dave rice. that set us back probably about a decade.

the sad thing is that it didn't even have to be that way.

Menzies is a P5 level coach in my opinion.  We got a steal.  I don’t think we would be at this point in year two under Chris Bird.