Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

P6???

No doubt this is very old news and I missed it. I'm watching the South Florida----Tulsa game. The yard markers on the sidelines have the P6 markings on them and I'm assuming they are trying to send a message. I doubt the American Conference will ever become P6 but their Commissioner gets some style points for at least trying to send the message on National TV. Maybe Thompson should get a little more proactive, IMO the American Commish is much more proactive.Just for irritation purposes maybe the MWC should do the same and use P5.5 or P7. :P

If they really wanted a "P6" Conference they would take the best from both the MWC and AAC

WEST: 

BSU, CSU, AF, SDSU, Houston, Tulsa, BYU

EAST:

Army, Navy, Memphis, Cincinnati, UCF, USF, UCONN/Temple/SCI

This would give them the CiC, Army Navy Game, BSU vs BYU along with some of the better programs in the G5 right now and would truly be the American Conference.

7 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

BSU and SDSU were already in that conference..It didn't work out..

From what I remember correctly one of the biggest issues was the fact there were to many teams out East to justify the move, by having more out West schools it would help Financially.

42 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

If they really wanted a "P6" Conference they would take the best from both the MWC and AAC

WEST: 

BSU, CSU, AF, SDSU, Houston, Tulsa, BYU, & wyo

EAST:

This would give them the CiC, Army Navy Game, BSU vs BYU along with some of the better programs in the G5 right now and would truly be the American Conference.

Swap wyo for Tulsa...

1 hour ago, utgrizfan said:

WEST: 

BSU, CSU, AF, SDSU, Houston, Tulsa, BYU

EAST:

That's just what Boise needs... more triple option teams

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

You won the MW Title in football once since you have been back right?  2014?  One Fiesta Bowl isn't paying the bills.

There was that one NCAA at-large bid in 2015...