Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Power

Is it possible to start a petition to lobby the Presidents to eject SJSU from this conference?

Personally ideally for the MWC right now would be to drop SJSU for BYU. UTEP and UTSA would be great add one to bring the Conference to 14 teams (as much as I want Montana to move up I don't see it happening anytime soon). If the BYU and Texas scenario happened:

MOUNTAIN DIVISON:

CSU, Wyoming, Air Force, UNM, UTEP, UTSA, BSU

WEST DIVISON:

BYU, Utah State, SDSU, FSU, Nevada, UNLV, Hawaii

I’m going to counter this thread with nice things about SJSU. 

SJSU has more Billionaires than anyone in this conference 

SJSU has the highest Alumni avg salary of any school here. They’ll still have more money even if they lose.... so they’re the true winners. 

SJSU has more NCAA Championships than any school in the MWC.  

Suck on that, haters. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

6 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

Personally ideally for the MWC right now would be to drop SJSU for BYU. UTEP and UTSA would be great add one to bring the Conference to 14 teams (as much as I want Montana to move up I don't see it happening anytime soon). If the BYU and Texas scenario happened:

MOUNTAIN DIVISON:

WEST DIVISON:

NOOOOO!!!!!!

Just freaking stop with the crazy Texas options. Holy Crap!!  We don’t need an eastern version of SJSU. 

2 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Kick Air Force out also, they ruin the conference RPI just as bad as SJSU.

Serious.  I swear AFA gets away with murder around here. It’s almost as if people are afraid to criticize them because it may reflect poorly on their patriotism. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

12 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

NOOOOO!!!!!!

Just freaking stop with the crazy Texas options. Holy Crap!!  We don’t need an eastern version of SJSU. 

If you read it was only an option if the MWC wanted to get to 14. Also UTSA is a pretty solid program in a big city, Texas State IMO would be a better edition then UTEP personally I feel.

1 minute ago, utgrizfan said:

If you read it was only an option if the MWC wanted to get to 14. Also UTSA is a pretty solid program in a big city, Texas State IMO would be a better edition then UTEP personally I feel.

First of all, UTEP is a complete non-starter for 90% of the MWC fans I've seen on any team board as well as this one.  UTSA is always trotted out as the "potential" team that is needed to get Boise over to the west.  Unfortunately, that's all they bring to the discussion.  An opportunity to put Boise with Fresno and Nevada.  I'd be far more interested in Montana and Montana State than UTEP, and UTSA isn't bringing a lot of traction.  Still, every time a fan of a non-conference member talks realignment they want us to embrace UTEP.  NO!

Look, you bring value to this board when you show up, keep coming around.  Just please drop the crazy UTEP BS.

1 hour ago, utgrizfan said:

MOUNTAIN DIVISON:

WEST DIVISON:

Why does the MWC need or want 14 teams?

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

First of all, UTEP is a complete non-starter for 90% of the MWC fans I've seen on any team board as well as this one.  UTSA is always trotted out as the "potential" team that is needed to get Boise over to the west.  Unfortunately, that's all they bring to the discussion.  An opportunity to put Boise with Fresno and Nevada.  I'd be far more interested in Montana and Montana State than UTEP, and UTSA isn't bringing a lot of traction.  Still, every time a fan of a non-conference member talks realignment they want us to embrace UTEP.  NO!

Look, you bring value to this board when you show up, keep coming around.  Just please drop the crazy UTEP BS.

I agree, I don't understand the love for UTEP, they suck ass. I would look towards the Montanna schools or hell even the Dakota schools. NDSU Bison and SDSU Jackrabbits are both solid programs with wins over P5 schools in recent history. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

12 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Serious.  I swear AFA gets away with murder around here. It’s almost as if people are afraid to criticize them because it may reflect poorly on their patriotism. 

Commie

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

8 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Just drop San Jose State and be done with it.  Personally, I would also drop Hawaii football.

Agreed. I'm fine with 10 teams. I hope we NEVER go to 14 teams.

SJSU currently 2-12 combined football/basketball. I wonder if they'll get to 3 wins combined by March...