Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

So what does 2.6 million USD get you nowadays?

You forgot an "M" in your title. 

I cant see the point of spending money on that. It reminds me of the scene in "The Last Picture Show" where the character played by a 17-year-old Cybil Shepherd goes to a party with college boys in the big city of Wichita Falls. One of the guys asks her if she's a virgin. She answers yes nervously, after which the guy says "Come back when you're not."

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

10 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Fixed. I edited it earlier and mistakenly deleted the million.

And I agree. I think it's much better to be with an experienced woman that knows what she's doing and what she wants. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

47 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I cant see the point of spending money on that. It reminds me of the scene in "The Last Picture Show" where the character played by a 17-year-old Cybil Shepherd goes to a party with college boys in the big city of Wichita Falls. One of the guys asks her if she's a virgin. She answers yes nervously, after which the guy says "Come back when you're not."

Cybill Sheppard had a 119 mph fastball in that movie. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

28 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Cybill Sheppard had a 119 mph fastball in that movie. 

Did you guys ever get into reading Larry McMurtry books? For a while, he was my favorite author. The Lonesome Dove series, Cadillac Jack, Terms of Endearment, and of course the Thalia series with The Last Picture Show, Texasville, etc. were great books. 

18 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Did you guys ever get into reading Larry McMurtry books? For a while, he was my favorite author. The Lonesome Dove series, Cadillac Jack, Terms of Endearment, and of course the Thalia series with The Last Picture Show, Texasville, etc. were great books. 

I’ve read Last Picture Show, I haven’t seen the whole movie. 

There is an all time WTF scene in that book where all the boys go to some farm and have sex with a cow. And it’s treated like no big deal! I don’t know what to think about that.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve read Last Picture Show, I haven’t seen the whole movie. 

There is an all time WTF scene in that book where all the boys go to some farm and have sex with a cow. And it’s treated like no big deal! I don’t know what to think about that.

You've obviously never lived in Rawlins. 

23 hours ago, renoskier said:

You know what I think is sad? That we place some special value on the first time a woman has sex.

It is the epitome of the "me first" mentality.  The "purity" of a woman is enshrined in religion, and strongly suggests a woman's worth is defined by her vagina.  Men buy into that shit all too often.

It's why wedding dresses are white.  They are only allowed to wear white if they are pure. 

It's why many armies would rape young women while sacking their towns, cities or countries.  It was to punish the conquered people by defiling their "pure" women.

It's endemic in our culture.  Women are still often judged on their looks.   

It's also related to why men who are promiscuous are called "studs" and women who do the same are called "sluts".

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism