Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

How Boise State can miss the MWC Championship Game

17 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Let’s talk in-detail about all the different ways this can happen.

Asking for a friend.

Kustra saw this coming so he bailed. We're toast. Already bought mine:

https://www.vividseats.com/ncaaf/famous-idaho-potato-bowl-tickets.html

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

If they win this weekend, they clinch, right?

In theory they could miss it if they lost to AFA and Fresno and Wyoming won out.

I could see Boise beating AFA, and then not trying real hard against Fresno and letting Fresno win, which would eliminate SUDS from title contention.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

The only way for Boise not to be the Mountain division champ is for them to lose out and Wyoming to win out.

Boise has Air Force and Fresno left on the schedule. I'm not seeing them losing both, but it could happen.

Wyoming has Fresno and San Jose left. I'm pretty confident about the joser game, but Fresno is going to be tough.

Fresno has a lot riding on both games. They can drop one, but not both. If they lose out and SDSU wins out the 'tecs get the west division.

TL;DR There are two teams that need to win one game to clinch their divisions. If they lose both there is a team in each division that could take it.

Will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday for both teams!

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

Nice, reverse juju/karma thread...I like it. AFA owns BSU again winning their 4th in a row and then a desperate Fresno, who needs to win to take the West Division after losing to Wyo, rises up and upsets BSU at home..Wyo then beats Hoser to claim the Mountain Division.