Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Boise State vs UTEP BB Thread

Bronco fans can have passion for the program, that's great.   But this is reality:  Southern Utah shut Chandler down.  UTEP is better than Southern Utah, and they did better at that.  And the top of the MWC is a sight better than UTEP, you better count on that.   They know the formula now.  Rice will force him on them.  If Hutchison doesn't learn to let the game come to him, and he hasn't gotten that yet, then it's going to be a long conference season. 

Maybe Rice is a genius.  Maybe he doesn't care about anything but conference season and getting Hutchison drafted (not happening) for recruiting purposes.  I won't hold my breath.    The reality in Boise is still that Bronco basketball fans don't expect much so they fight to keep that mediocrity going.  We have facilities and name recognition for sports to be so much better but for years I see the basically the same thing.  Rice elevated the program over Graham so let's hang on forever.   This would never be acceptable in football.

32 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Glad you're not the coach.

You must not have watched the game. He was either turning the ball over or missing VERY badly every time he touched the ball. I am all for giving your proven guys lots of rope but there was clearly something wrong with Hutch today. If he wouldn't have played today bsu wins by 10+. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

36 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Glad you're not the coach.

In his defense, Hutch played the worst offensive game of his life until the final 30 seconds. He contributed elsewhere however.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

34 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

In his defense, Hutch played the worst offensive game of his life until the final 30 seconds. He contributed elsewhere however.

Yeah I watched the whole game. And it was Chandler with the clutch play the final moments. It may have been ugly but that team got a healthy dose of adversity and a lesson in perseverance, especially Hutch. So for that I'm glad Rice kept him in.

I think, therefore I'm.

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

Rice is an idiot and Boise State will be average as long as he's there.  His in game adjustments are brain dead.  He leans on Hutchison when after 10 minutes in it was clear Hutchison was that mentally weak kid he was when he got here.  With Jorch, Dickenson, Hobbs and Jessup he goes up double digits.  His bench was clearly better than his starters but still he forces his 2 senior transfers and a brain dead Hutchison in the second half. 

I sure hope he learns something from this but I doubt it.  He's admitted he'd rather be coaching football and I'd be willing to watch him do that over what he's doing now.   He's a great guy, who recruits all 2 stars when the top of the league is recruiting 3's and 4's.  And he's being outcoached badly by Floyd today.

I started to hate Bronco basketball years ago, since Graham was here and it's worse now.

This is what I am +++++ing talking about.  MWCboard juju is real.

18 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Boise State BBall is light years better than  it was when Greg Graham was the Head Coach. 

No argument. And Rice is far superior to Graham.   But again, if this was football the entire fan base would be constantly in an uproar.  It's hoops, in Boise, so we're ok with being better than average.

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

Bronco fans can have passion for the program, that's great.   But this is reality:  Southern Utah shut Chandler down.  UTEP is better than Southern Utah, and they did better at that.  And the top of the MWC is a sight better than UTEP, you better count on that.   They know the formula now.  Rice will force him on them.  If Hutchison doesn't learn to let the game come to him, and he hasn't gotten that yet, then it's going to be a long conference season. 

Maybe Rice is a genius.  Maybe he doesn't care about anything but conference season and getting Hutchison drafted (not happening) for recruiting purposes.  I won't hold my breath.    The reality in Boise is still that Bronco basketball fans don't expect much so they fight to keep that mediocrity going.  We have facilities and name recognition for sports to be so much better but for years I see the basically the same thing.  Rice elevated the program over Graham so let's hang on forever.   This would never be acceptable in football.

You are a huge frickin tool. How anyone can espouse on what is going to occur later in a season based off a 3 game body of work at the start of a season is beyond me. We played in an east coast tourney early last year and look like dogshet the first two games. Did we look and/or play like that same team when we were beating Utah on the road in the NIT to get to 20 wins for the 5th consecutive season? 

Not sure what your definition of mediocrity is but I'm fairly certain no other team in the MWC can say they've won 20 games five years in a row and no other team has finished top-3 in the league 3 years in a row other than us either...also, "fan" is a derivative of fanatic and fanatical. Not sure what the phuck you are but you're definitely not a "fan" of BSU apparently.

27 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

You are a huge frickin tool. How anyone can espouse on what is going to occur later in a season based off a 3 game body of work at the start of a season is beyond me. We played in an east coast tourney early last year and look like dogshet the first two games. Did we look and/or play like that same team when we were beating Utah on the road in the NIT to get to 20 wins for the 5th consecutive season? 

Not sure what your definition of mediocrity is but I'm fairly certain no other team in the MWC can say they've won 20 games five years in a row and no other team has finished top-3 in the league 3 years in a row other than us either...also, "fan" is a derivative of fanatic and fanatical. Not sure what the phuck you are but you're definitely not a "fan" of BSU apparently.

Name calling is sign #1 you have no argument.   It's a body of work thing for me, not 3 games.  Reading comprehension not your skill set?

Let's play a game.   If the Bronco football team was 3rd best team in the MWC in a good year, is that mediocre to you or way good?

29 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Get that shit out of here.  That is not how we roll on this board, take this petty shit back BC.  

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Get that shit out of here.  That is not how we roll on this board, take this petty shit back BC.  

Oh I'm sorry, we "roll here" by calling out all-MWC POTY candidates and calling them mentally weak "since they've arrived" at BSU?  We "roll" by disparaging our other players and the head coach after winning games? We "roll here" by calling our bball team mediocre for having one of the best winning percentages in the league the last 5 years...and I'm being "petty" for calling that guy out?  I guess I better reevaluate my poor petty self.