Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Boise State vs UTEP BB Thread

Just now, kingpotato said:

A win... looked terrible

I caught the last 10 seconds.  Looked like the greatest team on the court then.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Watched last 3 minutes of the game on my lunch and thought no way they could comeback. What a great job by Boise. Choke job by UTEP too. Gave Hutch a free dunk and inbounded ball to a guy who steps on the line.

As a Mountain West fan I’ll take it 

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Nice win Boise!

I was right in the middle of starting a “Congrats UTEP. Fire Rice.” thread when Hutch made that drive to the bucket.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I was right in the middle of starting a “Congrats UTEP. Fire Rice.” thread when Hutch made that drive to the bucket.

Not sure I'm off that 'fire Rice' bandwagon.   That game had no business being less than a 15 point win.   Rice hung on to his seniors, regardless of that day's performance, as he's done since he got here.  But this time he lucked out and it will reinforce his mindset of sticking with his upperclassmen (even though his sophomores brought more to today's game).

1 minute ago, roughrider said:

Not sure I'm off that 'fire Rice' bandwagon.   That game had no business being less than a 15 point win.   Rice hung on to his seniors, regardless of that day's performance, as he's done since he got here.  But this time he lucked out and it will reinforce his mindset of sticking with his upperclassmen (even though his sophomores brought more to today's game).

I can't believe he kept running isolation plays for Hutch when he was so off. He was 1-12 before the last two shots. I like Hobbs creating more than Hutch... especially today. 

4 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Dude, just admit that you are the actual idiot and move on. Were you whining just as bad or worse when BSU was down 14 to CSU with 2 minutes left?

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I can't believe he kept running isolation plays for Hutch when he was so off. He was 1-12 before the last two shots. I like Hobbs creating more than Hutch... especially today. 

Sadly, I can.  I've watched his total commitment to upper classmen  since he got here.   Today, his sophomore's (Hobbs, Jessup and Dickenson) were leading the way.  They never saw the floor together in the second half.   Bronco homers can love the win, I'm good with that.  But it's a scary trend that Rice hasn't out grown.

I could only watch a bit of the second half at work at they looked awful. I'm pleasantly surprised they won while looking terrible at the same time. Lot's to work on.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.