Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncomare

Question for Air Force

Will you be bringing any Cadets to Boise?  I always remember there were bus fulls at The War but Laramie is a lot closer.

Asking for a friend. :Clapping:

down in a hole.jpg

47 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Will you be bringing any Cadets to Boise?  I always remember there were bus fulls at The War but Laramie is a lot closer.

No, takes to much time to get them all passports.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

30 minutes ago, Warbow said:

No, takes to much time to get them all passports.

Well, if they are anything like my Daughter, who is an active duty Marine, her Marine ID is all the passport she needs.

down in a hole.jpg

I believe the cadet pep band or whatever you want to call it will be there however no additional Cadets I do not think. IDs only work is passports if you on Military orders traveling with your unit otherwise even as an active-duty person traveling he require a passport if going to a foreign country I think Boise maybe one of those on the no-fly zone

..GO FALCONS..

2 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

I believe the cadet pep band or whatever you want to call it will be there however no additional Cadets I do not think. IDs only work is passports if you on Military orders traveling with your unit otherwise even as an active-duty person traveling he require a passport if going to a foreign country I think Boise maybe one of those on the no-fly zone

Actually, Boise has Gowen Field and the A-10's.  I think the A-10's are more impressive than the fighter jets!!

down in a hole.jpg

53 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Well, if they are anything like my Daughter, who is an active duty Marine, her Marine ID is all the passport she needs.

I still had to have a passport in 09, CAC was not a substitute.  Things musta changed.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

4 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Sure you are Broncomare or should we call you Broncocougar? 

A military ID won't get you into a foreign country, I tried.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Actually, Boise has Gowen Field and the A-10's.  I think the A-10's are more impressive than the fighter jets!!

Great, you just let the North Koreans know where to bomb.

6 hours ago, Broncomare said:

You trying to get that TriCare?

4 hours ago, Subcanis said:

I still had to have a passport in 09, CAC was not a substitute.  Things musta changed.

Idk what he's talking about, but CAC is not a passport. I just had to get a passport, and I'm AD.

55 minutes ago, badfish said:

You trying to get that TriCare?

Dependapotomus ftw.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

A military ID won't get you into a foreign country, I tried.

It will get you into Canada but you will also need to have a NATO order...not sure if that applies to all NATO countries though. I've gotten into Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan at least 10 times and never needed a passport either....lucky me. 

Also, as an aside, I'm pretty sure the damn AF has been flying illicit spy plane missions over our practice facilities the last three years...they probably have a bazillion dollar x-ray thingy to see inside the indoor practice facility too....only reasonable way to explain the zoomies beating us 3 straight.  

8 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

It will get you into Canada but you will also need to have a NATO order...not sure if that applies to all NATO countries though. I've gotten into Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan at least 10 times and never needed a passport either....lucky me. 

Also, as an aside, I'm pretty sure the damn AF has been flying illicit spy plane missions over our practice facilities the last three years...they probably have a bazillion dollar x-ray thingy to see inside the indoor practice facility too....only reasonable way to explain the zoomies beating us 3 straight.  

Does it legally get you into Canada or do they see the military ID and just assume that you are invading so they give up and let you in?

9 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Probably a little bit of both. As another aside, the Canadian military is really small, especially compared to the U.S., but they are legit bad-ass. If the Canadian military was as big as ours they could kick our teeth in.   

That is really common because most countries (our allies) have no need to invest in all the infrastructural components that make up by far an away the lion’s share of our Armed Forces. In any joint operations we supply everything that allows the small, elite units to operate. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok