Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Kustra just quit

32 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The other presidents of the MWC should be calling him stat to replace Craig Thompson as commissioner. 

agreed 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

Best MWC president by a mile

I'd say Weber did a better job overall starting from a much worse position, but you never hear the term "Weber Money" so I guess Kustra wins on that front.   BTW, I hear there's a guy in Moscow who's applying for the job...

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

38 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The other presidents of the MWC should be calling him stat to replace Craig Thompson as commissioner. 

This is true, although almost anyone would be better than Hair. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

November 15, 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Serving as president of Boise State University has been the privilege of a lifetime.  After 15 years of service it is time to step down and I will do so effective June 30th of this year.   

I will be forever grateful for being able to serve during this period of incredible growth and accomplishment for the university.  It could not have happened without a faculty dedicated to teaching and research and as open to new ideas and unafraid of working across disciplines as any faculty in America.  It could not have happened without a staff committed to serving our students and in excellence in all we do. And none of these efforts could have come to fruition without the generous support of our donors and alumni.

We also could not have succeeded without the interest and support of the members of the State Board of Education.  I thank Board President Linda Clark and the other volunteer board members over the past 15 years for their commitment on behalf of Boise State and higher education in Idaho.

Kathy has been a full partner in this venture and she joins me in expressing our gratitude to all the members of the Boise State family and Boise community for the warmth, friendship and support extended to us.  We have made so many friends in this wonderful community and appreciate the many opportunities we have had to serve.

Boise State has indeed become the Metropolitan Research University of Distinction we envisioned, but this is a journey not a destination, with many more exciting opportunities and challenges ahead for Boise State.  

Needless to say, Kathy and I will be Broncos for life.

Warm regards,

Bob Kustra 

Should we tell him he missed it?

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

You have absolutely no metric to back up this statement.  You can list all the good things he's done....which is all fine and dandy, but can you objectively prove this statement to be true? The TBSUF in you has made a STRONG return this year.  

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

With all due respect, look at what he started with...any improvements would be viewed as incredible. Would he have the same success at an established university? Possibly, but maybe not...?

This makes me wonder, what new NCAA infractions are coming to bsu?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

It's more like...

Through the years...  I have compiled a massive amount of debt difficult to fathom and even more difficult to pay off...  ran a self imposed NCAA investigation to run Bleymeir out of town, destroyed the in state rivalry games and hired Coach Harsin...  my legacy!

And now...  it's time for someone else to clean it up.

Yours in BSU Glory, 

Bob Kustra

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

44 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

With all due respect, look at what he started with...any improvements would be viewed as incredible. Would he have the same success at an established university? Possibly, but maybe not...?

This makes me wonder, what new NCAA infractions are coming to bsu?

How did Kustra impact the academic side...

The mission statement and job description is not Athletic Director.

He's a God damned university president.

It is the coaches and players that inspired the upgrades.  

So...  what are the graduation rates at BSU today?

4, 5, 6 year percentages?

1 minute ago, DesVandal said:

How did Kustra impact the academic side...

The mission statement and job description is not Athletic Director.

He's a God damned university president.

It is the coaches and players that inspired the upgrades.  

So...  what are the graduation rates at BSU today?

4, 5, 6 year percentages?

I believe this same post was on the WAC board in 2005.

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

I believe this same post was on the WAC board in 2005.

I remember.  You redirected it back then, too.

I bet the answer is the same.