Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am Ram

Hannity fans vs. Keurig machines

6 hours ago, pokebball said:

Some businesses though, purposefully choose sides.  I don't get it, but they do.

56 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

If you have low market share it’s an approach to gain ~30% share.   

Probably quite a bit more because Chick-Fil-A restaurants are overwhelmingly in the South. https://thetab.com/us/2017/10/17/chick-fil-a-north-south-divide-72873

Only semi-related, but I have often wondered about this: The rental market in most major cities is awful. If you put up a generic apartment/townhouse wanted ad in your local paper, "Quiet family of four, blabla...," you'd probably get exactly zero responses. But what would happen if you wrote something like, "Would prefer an all-white community" or "No gay neighborhoods"? Yeah, you'd get a lot of angry phone calls, but I'm willing to bet you'd also get an offer or two. You can't be too +++++ed up not to have at least a few people cheering for you. 

I never understood the popularity of Keurig.  Talk about a marketing ploy! 

We'll make your life easier by packaging a cup of coffee in its own container!  Nevermind that will make your coffee about $40/pound.  Even for Folgers.  In a machine three times as expensive as an ordinary coffee maker. 

Is it for lazy people?  Stupid people?  Or stupid lazy people?  No wonder they advertised on Fox.  And Hannity.

Sorry Keurig owners on this board, I don't mean to be harsh.  But seriously, you pay what for what?

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

On 11/13/2017 at 11:57 AM, RoscoesDad said:

I just did a pre-emptive strike against my blender in case Hamilton Beach tries to start some shit.

I always figured you for a Vitamix kind of guy.

38 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

I never understood the popularity of Keurig.  Talk about a marketing ploy! 

We'll make your life easier by packaging a cup of coffee in its own container!  Nevermind that will make your coffee about $40/pound.  Even for Folgers.  In a machine three times as expensive as an ordinary coffee maker. 

Is it for lazy people?  Stupid people?  Or stupid lazy people?  No wonder they advertised on Fox.  And Hannity.

Sorry Keurig owners on this board, I don't mean to be harsh.  But seriously, you pay what for what?

Keurig also makes a reusable basket/filter that you can fill with freshly ground coffee of your choice. Even without that option though......isn't everything a marketing ploy and/or designed to make things easier to use? 

51 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Keurig also makes a reusable basket/filter that you can fill with freshly ground coffee of your choice. Even without that option though......isn't everything a marketing ploy and/or designed to make things easier to use? 

Sure, everything these days is geared specifically to separate you from your money.

I know this could be compared to say, the pre-cut celery stalks at the grocery store that is twice or more as expensive as getting the whole head and [gasp], cutting and cleaning it yourself. 

But still.

19 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Sure, everything these days is geared specifically to separate you from your money.

I know this could be compared to say, the pre-cut celery stalks at the grocery store that is twice or more as expensive as getting the whole head and [gasp], cutting and cleaning it yourself. 

But still.

Neither a Kuerig nor pre-cut celery get me triggered. I suppose I'm just a balanced person. Unless we're talking about pick 10 results. That's some bullshit right there!!

And, as far as Kuerig costs go, I don't think that you factored in that nobody actually buys the pods....they take them from work. 

6 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Neither a Kuerig nor pre-cut celery get me triggered. I suppose I'm just a balanced person. Unless we're talking about pick 10 results. That's some bullshit right there!!

And, as far as Kuerig costs go, I don't think that you factored in that nobody actually buys the pods....they take them from work. 

Guess you'd call that a.....

wait for it.....

perk

:rimshot1:

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Lol at the last sentence.  Defined capitalism with a single question.

I tried using those filter things for a while, because I'm really cheap, and at first, those cups were more expensive than they are now.  Those little filters were a pain in the ass to clean out.

I was so pissed, we had a perfectly good Mr. Coffee, and my wife went out an got a Keurig.  Now, I like the convenience.  The caveat would be when you have a lot of coffee drinkers in the house.  If you're only talking a couple cups of coffee a day, the cost difference is pretty minor.  If yourhouse is consuming 5 or more of those stupid little cups a day, then it gets pretty expensive.

14 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Lol at the last sentence.  Defined capitalism with a single question.

I tried using those filter things for a while, because I'm really cheap, and at first, those cups were more expensive than they are now.  Those little filters were a pain in the ass to clean out.

I was so pissed, we had a perfectly good Mr. Coffee, and my wife went out an got a Keurig.  Now, I like the convenience.  The caveat would be when you have a lot of coffee drinkers in the house.  If you're only talking a couple cups of coffee a day, the cost difference is pretty minor.  If yourhouse is consuming 5 or more of those stupid little cups a day, then it gets pretty expensive.

I normally drink my coffee at work because I drink warm water with a lemon on the drive in, but I have a Kuerig at home and I use it for hot water for tea and coffee, but I especially love the spiced cider. Those S.O.B.'s smell better than the f'ing scentsy that my ex had, not to mention they taste great. But I still have my grind and brew coffee maker too because I know that any day, there will be a K-cup shortage and then what?? 

I have seen several smart coffee makers that I can have Google Home brew, but they're a cartridge/K-cup setup too. If someone makes a smart coffee maker with a whole bean hopper that grinds and brews whatever the hell I tell it to from my bed! Then, and only then, can we talk about society going to far. 

Guest RoscoesDad

I love my Keurig.  But i got the super duper deluxe model that does espressos, cappucinos, lattes, etc.  It's like an all-in-one barista without the nose ring.  

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

I love my Keurig.  But i got the super duper deluxe model that does espressos, cappucinos, lattes, etc.  It's like an all-in-one barista without the nose ring.  

Does it look at you funny if you say the wrong thing for a size, large=venti?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

You're all a bunch of low rent trailer trash. It takes real sophistication such as my wife and through association I, possess to purchase the gold standard of stupidly expensive coffee makers, the Nespresso.  Seemed like a good idea at the time; a machine that can make espresso at home!  My wife loves espresso, they sell it at Neiman Marcus, it's expensive and George Clooney has one. What's not to love! The best part is that the pods that go into this little engineering marvel ( it makes room temp water hot!.. and squirts it over coffee grounds!) cost roughly the same as a steak dinner at Sizzler. I use it to make what is known as an Americano which requires you to make some espresso and  then fill the cup with water.  The best part is it tastes almost exactly like a cup of coffee but better because...George Clooney!  The subtle difference between the two would be lost on you low rent rubes. So go on with your "Folgers" and your "Mr. Coffee's" and know that people better than you drink Ameicano's made from the sweat of George Clooney's brow...or something.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

Were you, by any chance, born in the 50s or 60s?

A french press is still pretty bad ass....the cabin we'd snowshoe to in Tahoe had one and it made great coffee. Speaking of simplicity (and Americano's), this ROK contraption is supposed to be the greatest thing to happen to coffee since George Clooney tricked SDSUfan to buy a Nespresso machine.